Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:33:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad I got mine when I did
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...“Fewer people in Utah are applying,” said Lt. Doug Anderson, of BCI. “I don’t know why that is. I don’t know if it’s because everybody already has one.”...

And the brady campaign will soon start posting articles about the "sharp decline" in carry permit applications as Americans have awaken to the dangers of handgun violence.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not like you need to get a new one every week.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Just out curiosity can somebody from Europe get one, would be cool to just have.
I have won some shooting matches and recieved some trophys would this count as proof of safe firearm handeling ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just out curiosity can somebody from Europe get one, would be cool to just have.

I have won some shooting matches and recieved some trophys would this count as proof of safe firearm handeling ?

My guess would be "no", but check the Utah state website and see what it says.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not like you need to get a new one every week.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#7]

That means everyone who wants one has one. That's only a bad thing if your a bean counter worried about lack of income or a criminal thinking about robbing a Dairy Queen.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:16:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope aplication form requires INS # or Alien registration # + I have no Utah approved instructors here in the Netherlands .
Would have been lulz to get one

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope aplication form requires INS # or Alien registration # + I have no Utah approved instructors here in the Netherlands .

If you had been able to get one, the CWL from Florida would have been better from a lulz point of view, each is signed by the Secretary of Agriculture in Florida who's name happens to be –– Charles Bronson.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you had been able to get one, the CWL from Florida would have been better from a lulz point of view, each is signed by the Secretary of Agriculture in Florida who's name happens to be –– Charles Bronson.

WoW That must be the coolest thing ever
I would be like: Yeah I'm licenced to carry by Charles Bronson, beat that 4 coolness.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Peak Permits?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#12]
iggy1337,

Check into the Fl permit.  You might be able to get one of those.  Our state accepts NRA pistol training (available in some parts of Europe) that includes live firing.  I am not sure about the SSN, INS#, Alien Registration thing, but they will send you the application for free, so why not check it out right?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be applying for one soon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Yup;

In Florida, our concealed weapons permits are issued and signed  by Charles Bronson Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services rather than by any law enforcement agency.

Charles Bronson; who stands 100% behind Floridians who want to carry concealed weapons,  is due to leave office soon; I'm  hoping we can find a Clint Eastwood to replace him.

http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/about/
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had my FL permit ever since it went from county control to state control.  Damn... almost 25 years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#16]
My current NC ccw will expire on Halloween of this year.    That will be 10 years that I have had mine.  I have already started the renewal process BTW.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#17]
My Utah permit not only covers MN, but it covers tons of states that my MN doesn't.  In fact IIRC my MN permit only allows me to CCW in Colorado and Michigan over and above what my UT permit does.

Another nice thing is I had to change my address.  I just called UT BCI and they took my new address over the phone.  DONE  MN requires me to do a bunch of paperwork to change my mailing address.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Shame on Utah.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe some people feel that the 2nd is a right and no gov't permit is needed. Do you need a permit to practice any of your other protected rights?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I'll be getting one as soon as I get my new new drivers license.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe some people feel that the 2nd is a right and no gov't permit is needed. Do you need a permit to practice any of your other protected rights?

Try to use your rights to free speech and to petition the government for a redress of grievances in New York or Boston. You'll need government permission to do it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#23]
This reminds me that my Utah CCL expires in little less than a year.  I want to make sure and renew it on time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top