Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:26:25 AM EDT
He graduated from college with his BA in May, and went and enlisted in the Navy last week (didn't have the GPA to go in as an officer). If I understood him correctly, he'll be an E4 when he graduates basic, and then he's contracted to go be a rescue swimmer.

Crazy motherfucker.

Anyways, just needed to tell someone that might understand, that I'm proud of him and wish him the best. Trying to think about what I should get him for when he gets through basic. He already has a 1911, and doesn't like combat Tupperware like his older brother...

Maybe a Spyderco Salt knife and a case of .45?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  

My brother is in the Navy as well...in fact, I'm leaving tomorrow for Little Creek, VA to see him make Chief Petty Officer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell him not to rub chum all over himself before he jumps in.
Congrats for him.  Hope he has a great career!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
He is in for a hell of a ride.  That rescue swimmer training is no joke.  One of my friends did that in the Navy.  He is about 43 now and can't believe he did that stuff when he was younger.  

The knife sounds good and you can never have too much ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top