Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 1:54:04 AM EDT
Some years ago I came across a good deal on a custom compact 1911.  It's a beautiful blued gun and only a small number were made.  I shot it once (it had been shot before) and since then it has sat in my safe.  I really like it but know that I won't carry it or really shoot it that much, if any.  

My question is this - Should I keep this gun or sell it and get something that I will not be afraid to use/abuse/shoot the heck out of?  What say you AR15.Com?

FYI - This is not my only 1911.

Thank you in advance.

CSP
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I can only speak from my own personal beliefs................I have a damn hard time selling guns.  I buy the hell of of them, but selling them...........
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If you don't have a use for it or there is no sentimental value then sell it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Some years ago I came across a good deal on a custom compact 1911.  It's a beautiful blued gun and only a small number were made.  I shot it once (it had been shot before) and since then it has sat in my safe.  I really like it but know that I won't carry it or really shoot it that much, if any.  

My question is this - Should I keep this gun or sell it and get something that I will not be afraid to use/abuse/shoot the heck out of?  What say you AR15.Com?

FYI - This is not my only 1911.

Thank you in advance.

CSP
I really dont like getting rid of guns but if you want to get something that you will actually shoot i would say go for it!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
What gun? I see no pics of no gun.

you know the rules.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I usually dont own guns I dont shoot. If you dont think your taste will change where you will either carry it or at least take it to the range sometimes, I would think about selling or trading it off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep it...but you need to shoot it...no point in having a gun that you just look at.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Sell it.

I am selling guns here and there. Why keep a gun you do not shoot?

Just turn that money into another gun.

This week I will be selling a Smith M&P 40 with night sights I will turn that into a Rossi 357 SS lever action.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I can only speak from my own personal beliefs................I have a damn hard time selling guns. I buy the hell of of them, but selling them...........

We might disagree on economics, but on gun hoarding.  We are brothers.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
pics?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:11:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I would NEVER sell a gun I bought.

Then again I would never buy a gun I dont shoot the hell out of.
Safe queens take up space for legitimatee shooters. If no sentimental value sell it to fund a good one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:16:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Keep it for trade bait or maybe a barter tool some day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Sell only shitty guns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:19:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Pics please.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:21:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Sell it, I have a big safe and had it packed with around 20 long guns and 15 pistols. I also live in a flood/ hurricane zone and have had water within a half inch from coming in. Added all the ammo for all of the stuff I had I found out that if I had to move all that stuff in a hurry that it would be a major pain in the ass.
 I sold the rifles and pistol that I no longer shot and the ammo that went with it. I used the money to purchase reloading components and pay off some bills.
 Now im down to what I shoot and still have what looks to be a stuffed safe. Only kept a few senimental ones that were handed down. And my ammo stash is much more manageable, plus it is not rare or hard to find stuff that I can replace as usedup.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Sell it.  1911's were made to be shot.  No matter how nice they may be.  Either shoot it or sell it.  Keeping it locked away in the safe all the time is just plain wrong!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:33:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't see why you can't shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I say sell it and use money for something you will get use of.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#18]
In these days, we simply cannot afford to have toys.
Sell it to buy something that you will shoot and be both proficient & ready when the balloon does go up.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Would you keep a hammer you don't like or use if you could sell it and get one that you loved to use?

It is not like it is a beloved family dog here, it is a tool, nothing more.

Sell it and get a tool you can and will use.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#20]
It's not your only 1911, but is it your only compact 1911?

I always say never sell... down the road you may have an itch for a compact 1911.

Keep it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top