Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2010 10:00:30 PM EDT
That's my expression for when I get so worked up about things, I take a moment and calm down. Usually, for 'that, the things I get worked up about are good things.

But with all the stress going on, right now, it's bad things.

So this is another version, mentally so, of "patting down my skirt", say about half-way , right after she gets all shaky with "and I don't want to share!"

...............................(that's about par for the course, youtube in testing mode tonight)
("..........Obsessive, compulsive, suffocate your mind     Confusion, delusions, kill your dreams in time...........," lyrics, (wtte), "Live to Win" by Paul Stanley (opening song for "Modern Problems"))
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Need pics.

Definately need pics.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So this is another version, mentally so, of "patting down my skirt", say about half-way , right after she gets all shaky with "and I don't want to share!"

So.......you go apeshit and throw stuff?

I don't get it.

But pics would help clarify.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So.......you go apeshit and throw stuff?

I don't get it.

But pics would help clarify.

Hardly the thing.

No, I just get worked up and moving so rapidly like when I'm talking that, as my 9th grade English teacher said, I get raving.

So, "patting down my skirt" is a throw back to "Traci! Be a good girl! Don't get your dress dirty!".......as if I ever listened.

And while others might think it should be like this.......

to me, it is probably more like patting down a cheerleader skirt.

Sorry, but I think providing pics would be a CoC type of bad thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys have a way of getting like that. I call it an insane bout of violent rage
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Um, what?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Um, what?

Must be a mobile site thing, cause I didn't understand wtf just transpired either.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Um, what?

Don't fret........it's just a way to unwind a little.

Ah, now youtube is working! While I don't think I've ever been as "high maintenance" as Veruca, ever like that except when I was very young, I think I'd love to see myself in that scene. That's what I love about acting, being people you can never really be, living it, being it....although I have an interesting way of approaching parts.

And while, as I said, I don't think I've ever been that much of a brat, not only can I see myself as such but I also see my young niece as that now.....which means we are probably more alike than I thought.....and that's kind of chilling.

Quoted:
Guys have a way of getting like that. I call it an insane bout of violent rage

Yes but when men do it.......I don't think anyone really notices.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of your posts I really enjoy.

Some of them I'm indifferent to.

Most of them make me think you're fuckin weird.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I read this before anyone had commented and I didn't know WTF you were talking about, I thought I was dumb so I waited for some responses. Now that there are responses I realize I really have no idea what is going on here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well, you know what they say.

There are some people who think I live in an imaginary world..........there are others who HOPE I'm imaginary!

People destress in different ways. Some exercise, some drink, some skydive, some do sex, some implode. I get imaginary.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you know what they say.

There are some people who think I live in an imaginary world..........there are others who HOPE I'm imaginary!

People destress in different ways. Some exercise, some drink, some skydive, some do sex, some implode. I get imaginary.

I usually have imaginary sex while skydiving drunk.  Normally I awake to find shit actually has imploded.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I take it indica was on the menu for tonight?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Misread that as indigo.  Time to hit the hay, methinks.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What is indica?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

lets get back to you talking about patting down your skirt
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Need pics.

Definately need pics.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Is that you? IM sent
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I like cheese.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know why I am here

or why I am posting something
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

This sort of feels like being on the psychologist's couch..........and why it is a good notion to wear jeans for such visits.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is indica?

if you really don't know, judging by your op, you shouldn't go find out...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sorry, but I think providing pics would be a CoC type of bad thing.

("Don't cross the beams, that would be bad."––(wtte), "Ghostbusters")

As long as it isn't cut really high above the knees, I think we will be CoC safe.  If you'd like you can send them to me for a ruling first.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is indica?

("What are powder burns?"––Bashir, (w,stte), DS 9 "Field of Fire")

It's killer weed, man.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

This sort of feels like being on the psychologist's couch..........and why it is a good notion to wear jeans for such visits.

Are you drunk perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I have no idea what the OP is talking about. Can someone clarify?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is indica?

("What are powder burns?"––Bashir, (w,stte), DS 9 "Field of Fire")

It's killer weed, man.

its Maui Waui mixed with Labrador

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sometimes, the OP becomes emotional or excited and needs to take a moment to collect herself.  Usually, the excitement has been due to something postive.  Lately, she has been under some stress, and now has to take a moment to collect herself for negative reasons.  

This thread is her reflecting on that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sounds interesting!........don't have a clue what it is but it sounds interesting.

Quoted:
Are you drunk perhaps?

No, they frown on that at work.

It's just that my life is filled with a lot of stress and I was talking to a co worker about things going on, my problems. He said, "That sucks."

And I just went joyful for a second with "Yes, it does, doesn't it?"

Every once in a while, it helps to  remember ways to escape if only for a second or two. "Patting down my skirt" is one of those ways.......though it's more fun when I've been raving about something I really get into.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#29]
What do I win?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes, the OP becomes emotional or excited and needs to take a moment to collect herself.  Usually, the excitement has been due to something postive.  Lately, she has been under some stress, and now has to take a moment to collect herself for negative reasons.  

Mmmmmmm, this seems chilling.......someone who knows me this well?

My sister, myself?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, right on, I'm tracking now...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Mmmmmmm, this seems chilling.......someone who knows me this well?

My sister, myself?

I'm not your sister.  If I am you, than I think we are having some significant mystical plane problems

Metaphysical.  That was the word I couldn't think of because I was so tired.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds interesting!........don't have a clue what it is but it sounds interesting.

Quoted:
Are you drunk perhaps?

No, they frown on that at work.

It's just that my life is filled with a lot of stress and I was talking to a co worker about things going on, my problems. He said, "That sucks."

And I just went joyful for a second with "Yes, it does, doesn't it?"

Every once in a while, it helps to  remember ways to escape if only for a second or two. "Patting down my skirt" is one of those ways.......though it's more fun when I've been raving about something I really get into.

Okay now its making sense. So would you like to share what has you stressed out?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#34]
As confusing as some of your posts appear at first glance - I think it would be an illuminating experience to communicate with your in person while consuming alcoholic beverages.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Okay now its making sense. So would you like to share what has you stressed out?

Remember, you did ask.

Taking care of my Mom's affairs is the essential BIG one.

My life was rather overloaded before because being a Vampirelle (working midshift), people often just don't get it that you do have a real job and your nights and days are just reversed. Instead, they often see you as available during the day and believe you can just "take a nap" to get your sleep for work. Further, my life, before, essentially ran mission to mission. I'd come home from a family visit that has pushed the clock to its limits, drop off my things, turn around, and take off for work. Do that enough time over the years, where you never really have a chance to catch up, put things away, and eventually, the system will break down to where there are just stacks of things everywhere and you're just managing.

And then we add to that that I have to take care of Mom's affairs as well and the problem balloons 10-100 times.......and Mom is no longer available to tell me just what's what.................so I'm trying to understand demands, when I don't know if I have all the resources or not for this or that demand, that I really have no clue about what's it about.

Add to that the little demands that are constantly coming in which it seems like people are asking me to use some place to have fun, a place that I never see. (finally able to push at least the scheduling of that off on a brother)

Arrangements made for Mom's care don't stay stable; think I've gone through three major and an assorted group of minor manpower crisis this year.

Of course, then there are my own affairs which include trying to finish this degree this semester, having so much information on it, on everything.........but not being able to find it...........I would love to have such a place as

for all my information resources, the "story" adjusted to my terms, of course.

Add to that a major upheaval in one organization I work for where I am trying to finish up work for them and it appears that the resources have seriously changed, I can't go see them face to face for probably a week or so, and, oh yes

my car got hit in the parking lot over the weekend, has to go into the shop probably for the week, so not only do I have to buy the heavy stuff that might need before it gets back, but also, got to pull the gear out of the car, AGAIN (this would be the 4th shop visit, the 2nd overnight one, this year, all for vastly different things and essentially, just bad luck), and find some place to put it in my vastly overcrowded apartment.

I'm sure there are other things on my mind, but that's a start.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As confusing as some of your posts appear at first glance - I think it would be an illuminating experience to communicate with your in person while consuming alcoholic beverages.  

Something tells me that this isn't alcohol induced.  There are far too few missed keys and mistypes words for this to be fermentation related.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something tells me that this isn't alcohol induced.  There are far too few missed keys and mistypes words for this to be fermentation related.

I didn't mean to imply her post was "alcohol induced.  I think in person communication in a "relaxed" environment with the OP would be much different than her post convey at times.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#38]
What's with the confusion? The OP made perfect sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So semi serious question  - what were you expecting out of him?  As a guy I only know how to listen, say an encouraging/empathizing word or two ( hopefully without sticking my foot in mouth), or give a hug.  You know when I'm bein all nicelike.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't mean to imply her post was "alcohol induced.  I think in person communication in a "relaxed" environment with the OP would be much different than her post convey at times.

I wasn't saying they were alcohol induced either.  I just get the feeling that she is either Windows '95 operating on a quad core, or Vista on an old 386.  I can't figure which, 'cuz I am on OS 7.1.

And come to think of it, I am not sure I'd want to be in a situation where that sort of intellect could be unleashed in its full fury upon me so you are a braver man than I for offering her a drink.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wasn't saying they were alcohol induced either.  I just get the feeling that she is either Windows '95 operating on a quad core, or Vista on an old 386.  I can't figure which, 'cuz I am on OS 7.1.

And come to think of it, I am not sure I'd want to be in a situation where that sort of intellect could be unleashed in its full fury upon me so you are a braver man than I for offering her a drink.

I didn't mean to imply that I was offering her a drink either....

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't mean to imply that I was offering her a drink either....

Durr...now I get it.

I dunno, I think I want what she's having.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thank you.....and it's an XP Pro on an Intel Dual CPU at 2.66 Ghz.

Quoted:

So semi serious question  - what were you expecting out of him?  As a guy I only know how to listen, say an encouraging/empathizing word or two ( hopefully without sticking my foot in mouth), or give a hug.  You know when I'm bein all nicelike.

Don't think I was expecting anything. I think he just caught me at a moment when I was spinning down from being raving, I think we were talking about a curiosity interesting but useless publication, and I jumped on whatever little humor I could find.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't saying they were alcohol induced either. I just get the feeling that she is either Windows '95 operating on a quad core, or Vista on an old 386.  I can't figure which, 'cuz I am on OS 7.1.

I like this analogy...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:59:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
*****Snip*****

I completely understand the working nights part of what you are saying. I work 12hr swings so no one ever knows when I am working or when I am asleep so they just assume I will change my schedule to help them with whatever.

Sucks your car is fucked, do you know who hit it?

What is wrong with your mother if you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:20:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I completely understand the working nights part of what you are saying. I work 12hr swings so no one ever knows when I am working or when I am asleep so they just assume I will change my schedule to help them with whatever.

In reverse order, stroke and bed ridden. While I have two brothers, I'm the one who lives in the area and the more thrifty one, so the tasks fell to me.

Thank you and yes, letting the insurance companies fight it out. If the other guys don't pay, I have to use my deductible. It would be nice if they do pay but I just want my car back without it creaking every time I open the door. I don't have the time to fight such battles.

As far as being a Vampirelle, it just goes on and on. I remember years ago where I had to go meet my brother's new family and I was like on my feet for 24 hours and they were wondering if I knew I was coming that weekend, why didn't I sleep instead. For me, it's a point of being on my own schedule and trying to get something done or just sleeping around the clock to be there for others.

I almost rather dread going up to my mother's house, either before or now, because I know it can't be a quick in out. Before, I'd watch entire weekends be consumed because I didn't want to disappoint and now, it's about the same but because diff'n "people" are pulling on me to stay, stay, stay.

It is a concept of "Well, you can do that later" is taking its toll, but I'm thinking that I'm the only one who really appreciates that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:27:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Is that you? IM sent

ROTFL

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In reverse order, stroke and bed ridden. While I have two brothers, I'm the one who lives in the area and the more thrifty one, so the tasks fell to me.

Thank you and yes, letting the insurance companies fight it out. If the other guys don't pay, I have to use my deductible. It would be nice if they do pay but I just want my car back without it creaking every time I open the door. I don't have the time to fight such battles.

As far as being a Vampirelle, it just goes on and on. I remember years ago where I had to go meet my brother's new family and I was like on my feet for 24 hours and they were wondering if I knew I was coming that weekend, why didn't I sleep instead. For me, it's a point of being on my own schedule and trying to get something done or just sleeping around the clock to be there for others.

I almost rather dread going up to my mother's house, either before or now, because I know it can't be a quick in out. Before, I'd watch entire weekends be consumed because I didn't want to disappoint and now, it's about the same but because diff'n "people" are pulling on me to stay, stay, stay.

It is a concept of "Well, you can do that later" is taking its toll, but I'm thinking that I'm the only one who really appreciates that.

Why the hell wouldn't the other guys insurance have to cover it? He's the one that hit a parked car.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Caring for a family member always takes a very big toll on whoever is doing most of the work/decision making.

Sounds like taking a weekend for yourself and telling everyone else to piss off would do you very well or is that not possible at all given the current situation?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What's with the confusion? The OP made perfect sense to me.

Maybe it says something about me but yea, I understood her as well.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why the hell wouldn't the other guys insurance have to cover it? He's the one that hit a parked car.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Caring for a family member always takes a very big toll on whoever is doing most of the work/decision making.

Sounds like taking a weekend for yourself and telling everyone else to piss off would do you very well or is that not possible at all given the current situation?

His company should, but it's a wait and see if they do. Sort of ran into this a few years ago when I was hit by someone with a different carrier.........ie, the reason why they have such great rates is that they haggle forever about paying up. I hope they pay up in this case, but in any event, I want my car back.

Thank you.

As things go, what I probably need is not a weekend but a year off......that's not likely. My weekends, summer were mostly episodes of massive down time where not much else got accomplished which is part of the price....and I was handling what things popped up. People around me say that my vacations shouldn't be "staycations", that I need to take a cruise or something,  but with all that is out there, that's not likely. Plus, I don't think I would find a standard cruise that fun, unfortunally.  My personalty does not open that easily and when it comes to "what do you do?", there's the mundane, boring day to day stuff which doesn't at all explain the massive amount of knowledge on things which shouldn't be talked about since most people aren't in that world at all.

If anything, I'd probably end up more miserable about how much it was costing me to be isolated at sea.

Best vacations I've had? Working ones, in the last century, where I was studying marine biology and was part of a science crew.....but those aren't likely to happen again, either, for a variety of reasons.

At any rate, thanks for the ears, got to go off and at least type up some reports, minor, from research.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top