BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2010 6:08:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Best of luck to the Tea Party candidate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The Tea Party candidate might win the primary, but he'll lose the general.

ETA:  Don't get me wrong, I'd probably still vote for him on principle.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
FU RINOS!

At this point, I would rather have a real democrat than a democrat lite.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The question is, can the TEA Party lady win the general election?

If yes, then I hope she gets there...

If no, time to hold the nose and vote for Castle.

Why?

Because we need to take back the Senate, and that means that if there's a Dem state that can be 'turned red' by electing a RINO, it needs to be done...

FAILURE TO DO THIS MEANS CHUCKY-SCHUMER AS SENATE MAJORITY LEADER!!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The RINO Republican has a "F" rating from the NRA. Do ARFCOM members need to know much more?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why?

Because we need to take back the Senate, and that means that if there's a Dem state that can be 'turned red' by electing a RINO, it needs to be done...

Yep. Truth sucks, but...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope O'Donnell wins just to piss off the RINO supporting GOP.

ETA don't forget that turncoat Arlan Specter motherfucker, just because you hold your nose and vote for the R doesn't mean he'll stay an R.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The RINO Republican has a "F" rating from the NRA. Do ARFCOM members need to know much more?

The people of Delaware, by enough of a majority, seem to prefer that. The way to beat it will be to have more 2A protections come from the federal level, methinks.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I hope O'Donnell wins just to piss off the RINO supporting GOP.

That would be beyond awesome. If she won the general too.... holy shit!

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why?

In many ways I would rather have a democrat in a seat than a RINO.  If it is a RINO then the democrats can claim to be reaching across the isle while they shove their crap down our throats.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck the GoP.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

In many ways I would rather have a democrat in a seat than a RINO.  If it is a RINO then the democrats can claim to be reaching across the isle while they shove their crap down our throats.

Bingo.  You either stand by your own principles or you die by theirs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am real tired of doing this and if we keep doing it nothing will change.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why?

Vote for a pro gun control RINO you say?  No fucking way.  I would rather have the enemy in front of me than shooting me in the back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
There's only one way to know whether she can win the general or not: She has to be on the ticket first. If she earns the right then she earns the right. It seems to be a common theme (ie MSM tactic) that any tea party candidate immediately gets spammed with the branding of "unable to win the GE". I'm sure that's true in many cases but I'm sure that there are RINO's that are equally un-electable. Graham would get demolished in my state had he been on the ballot in 2010 instead of 2012...

The question to ask of those who say that you should vote for the best candidate but just not this time... If not now then when? Seems that it's never the right time yet according to many heavily into the Grand Ol' Party...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
You would be better off voting Tea Party, the RINO Castle would make a better Democrat than Chuck Shumer in my opinion.

He will be a complete sell out, and monkey wrench any GOP Agenda to show his so-called Bi-partisanship with the Democrats.

Bad juju if he is elected.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Gilibrand had an A rating from the NRA and is now endorsed by the Brady Campaign. Guess the NRA ratings might not be all you think they are.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gilibrand had an A rating from the NRA and is now endorsed by the Brady Campaign. Guess the NRA ratings might not be all you think they are.

Didn't the NRA endorse Harry Reid also, or did they pull that back?

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#19]

H.R. 6257: Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL10]
Cosponsors:
Michael Castle [R-DE]
Michael Ferguson [R-NJ7]
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL18]
Christopher Shays [R-CT4]

Mr Castle has proven beyong any doubt that he is unfit to serve as a senator.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't the NRA endorse Harry Reid also, or did they pull that back?

No, they did not endorse him for this election. They really wanted to after getting that $61 million shooting complex, but apparently enough people threatened to send in their membership card that the leadership decided against it, citing his confirmation vote for Kagan(yet they didn't count confirmation votes for the last SCOTUS appointment).
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Castle voted to impeach George Bush in 2008.  He's no Republican, even if his opponent O'Donnell is flawed she she can't be worse than him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That damn NRA didn't use their halliburton supplied time machine to go forward in time to find out she would flip-flop!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am real tired of doing this and if we keep doing it nothing will change.

The kind of change we need this November relies on the number of (R)s in Congress, period....

Nothing more, nothing less....

Changing the Senate leadership takes priority over anything else right now...

Unless you want Schumer to be Majority Leader...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You would be better off voting Tea Party, the RINO Castle would make a better Democrat than Chuck Shumer in my opinion.

He will be a complete sell out, and monkey wrench any GOP Agenda to show his so-called Bi-partisanship with the Democrats.

There won't be a 'GOP Agenda' if the GOP doesn't get enough seats to take over...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Why?

uh  pro gun control republican who sides with dems on a majority of issues means its still a loss

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There won't be a 'GOP Agenda' if the GOP doesn't get enough seats to take over...

If that's the case, and that's what the people decide, then let Chucky own the disaster he creates. Sooner or later the depths that these buffoons are driving us to will be clear to even the dimmest GOP sycophant.The GOP is NOT representing the interests of conservatives in this country. I will not support Democrat lite. A GOP win will simply drag out our country's fall longer. Until they learn that their behavior will not be tolerated nothing will change.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If that's the case, and that's what the people decide, then let Chucky own the disaster he creates. Sooner or later the depths that these buffoons are driving us to will be clear to even the dimmest GOP sycophant.The GOP is NOT representing the interests of conservatives in this country. I will not support Democrat lite. A GOP win will simply drag out our country's fall longer. Until they learn that their behavior will not be tolerated nothing will change.

I hope she kicks Castle's ass so hard he strokes out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Why?

folks are sick of rhinos. weather we win or not, you're so smart and you can't realize that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Some of us believe a brand name means something.  Why buy a Rolls Royce with a Mopar drivetrain?  If it votes like a Dem then let it have a Dem badge on the hood and let the Dems reap the whirlwind when it all goes to shit.  It's like trying to convince a junkie to detox before they hit rock bottom.  They have to understand they are the cause of the problem before the issue will be resolved.  If Schumer gets the nod it will suck out loud but it will be their high water mark.  If a rino gets the nod then its a bipartisan issue.  Let the dems own the shit pile.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why?

Who exactly do you mean by "we?"

The GOP?

Screw the GOP. We need real conservatives, not RINOs.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Delaware Republican Committee can eat a bowl of dicks.

Hax
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Everytime RINOs vote with Democrats, they give plausible deniability when SHTF.

How many times have we seen the Liberals claim bipartisanship when they get Snowe, Collins, or Graham on their side?  You don't hear thing one about Kennedy when No Child Left Behind is criticized.  They get to have their cake and eat it, too.

RINOs are sabotaging the GOP and they need to be run out of town on a rail.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Who exactly do you mean by "we?"

The GOP?

Screw the GOP. We need real conservatives, not RINOs.

Even if that means never having the power to do anything?

I know some folks seem to want to split the USA into 'ConservativeLand' and 'everything else', but the fact is, if you want to actually gain enough power to do anything, you need a mix of both...

The Republican party has a Conservative base, and thus your leadership will be conservative... But it WILL take a few RINOs to get to 51 (R) Senators.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Everytime RINOs vote with Democrats, they give plausible deniability when SHTF.

How many times have we seen the Liberals claim bipartisanship when they get Snowe, Collins, or Graham on their side?  You don't hear thing one about Kennedy when No Child Left Behind is criticized.  They get to have their cake and eat it, too.

RINOs are sabotaging the GOP and they need to be run out of town on a rail.

Because almost everyone harping on NCLB is a Democrat.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Hang that gun-grabbing RINO chode out to dry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why?

Your credibility in this matter is now zero.  You and others have consistently screamed "The time to vote on principle is in the primary!"

Well here's the primary.  Still mean it?  Did you ever mean it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

uh  pro gun control republican who sides with dems on a majority of issues means its still a loss

I do not like or agree with Dave_A's strategy, but there is wisdom behind it. The rationale is that even if this person sucks, we need as many R's as possible to get a republican majority leader. And that is very important.

I still hate the fact I have to vote for McStain AGAIN.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

Your credibility in this matter is now zero.  You and others have consistently screamed "The time to vote on principle is in the primary!"

Normally, that's the case...

And given 2 equally electable candidates, OR a solid GOP state, it's always the case...

However, can we afford to have Schumer and the Democrats in control of the US Senate, with Obama in the white house...

Basically, it breaks down like this:

1) If the GOP *can* take the Senate back this November, we will need EVERY seat we can get. That means we will need RINOs in blue states.

2) If the GOP *can't* take the Senate, *then* the RINOs are a liability, because without the leadership in GOP hands, they might as well be Democrats...

So the question is, is this woman electable IN THAT STATE?

If no, then she's not the right one for the General Election in this particular race....

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

NO FUCKING SHIT.  Let's see how he crawdads out of this.

Edited to add:  Dave, your attempted tactical withdrawal is an utter failure.  Believe it or not, there are some principles that are black and white.  As bad as RINOs are, the people who vote for them in the primaries are far worse.  You should change you screen name to NoCredibility_A.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I do not like or agree with Dave_A's strategy, but there is wisdom behind it. The rationale is that even if this person sucks, we need as many R's as possible to get a republican majority leader. And that is very important.

I still hate the fact I have to vote for McStain AGAIN.

I can understand holding your nose in the general election, but did you have to vote for McCain in the primary?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Castle voted to impeach George Bush in 2008.  He's no Republican, even if his opponent O'Donnell is flawed she she can't be worse than him.

What is O'Donnells NRA rating ???
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#43]
If this guy is such a slam dunk, then what's the big worry about?

Maybe it's the fact people are tired of socialists from both parties.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was Gilibrand's NRA rating?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nope.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was Gilibrand's NRA rating?

That is a good point.

Plus, I can understand those members who don't want a democrat to win even if it means we get a RINO.

They are so fed up with the commies that they are deathly afraid of having them retain the majority.  I can understand that.  

But, Castle is so liberal, I wonder if he would support the causes we believe in?  I say he probably won't vote to repeal healthcare and will remain a rabid anti-gunner.  So, what the heck, go for the Tea Party candidate and let the chips fall where they may.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#47]
The DE GOP is fucking useless.  As I understand it, they're not even running a candidate against that candyassed monkeyfucker Beau Biden for DE Attorney General. The state definitely tilts to the liberal/democrat side.  Who was the last conservative senator: Bill Roth?  (And yes, I know even Roth wasn't good on guns)
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#48]
There used to be a large Jewish voting block there too ???
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#49]
I hope O'Donnell wins the primary and the general election. If she doesn't and it causes Rome to burn so be it.

ETA. I wonder if the DE GOP will refuse to fund her if she wins the primary?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't worry about the general.

True conservatives beat liberals every time. The conservative message is a winner.

Its the RINOs who lose trying to be a Dem light.

Republicans need to understand that being conservative WINS general elections. We are a conservative country.

-Z
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top