Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:44:40 PM EDT
The SKS thread from a couple days ago got me lusting after my SKS, so I found the wood stock (which I need to refinish) and noticed the gas tube is slightly bent.

Should I just put one end of it under the corner of the couch and yank up a few times real hard to straighten it out?

The piston is straight, but you have to poke it hard to get it to pop out of the tube.

It has always been like this, and fired just fine, but it just seems like something I should do something about.

It's a romanian SKS BTW, all matching numbers much to my surprise!

I put a piece of paper behind it to better illustrate the angle of the bend....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't see why it should pose an issue.

Should be easy enough to replace in any case.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Take her out and blast away
It's a fricken SKS for gods sake

JK should not be a problem if it is it a cheap fix
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
My first SKS was a Yugo that was like it and didn't cycle properly. I got my money back and bought a Norinco instead.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't see why it should pose an issue.

Should be easy enough to replace in any case.

Yeah, I know gas tubes are cheap, but I'll try my living room/couch gunsmithing method first.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top