Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:54:48 AM EDT

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
i would hate to see him die of lead poisoning.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Why isn't this piece of shit arested/deported every fucking time he enters a damn courthouse for these suits!?!?

Fucking ridiculous!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
That fucking POS has been doing it for years in SoCal. I remember them talking about him 3 years ago on the talk radio show I listen to.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Not my first time to say this.

We should outlaw laws that has for a remedy, a lawsuit for damages.

The whole premise is flawed and because of this it is easy to abuse.....exactly like this guy and his lawyer are doing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why isn't this piece of shit arested/deported every fucking time he enters a damn courthouse for these suits!?!?

Fucking ridiculous!

This...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#6]

I'd rage, but it's SoCal.

Reap what you sow.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fucking ridiculous!

obunghole will make this POS some kind of czar.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Reap what you sow.

The problem is ADA is a Federal law and the remedy is to file a lawsuit against the company that is violating it. The government passed a law that allows people to sue for violations of arbitrary lines and get paid. It is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Just deport his ass....any judge should just make the judgement that the business needs to get within ADA guidelines and give not monetary award to the plaintiff
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reap what you sow.

The problem is ADA is a Federal law and the remedy is to file a lawsuit against the company that is violating it. The government passed a law that allows people to sue for violations of arbitrary lines and get paid. It is bullshit.

I was referring more to LA's Sanctuary City policy and SoCal's lack of enforcement of immigration laws, not the ADA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#12]
What a D-bag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#13]
are there attorney enablers also making money on this?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
are there attorney enablers also making money on this?

MALDEF, need I say more?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#15]
It's the Americans with Disabilities Act. Not the Illegal Aliens with Disabilities Act. Case dismissed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's the Americans with Disabilities Act. Not the Illegal Aliens with Disabilities Act. Case dismissed.

I like that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Two things possible here. Small business owners of the area, ban him. With a large photo, with all of his convictions posted on or near the door...or hire him as a consultant. As a consultant, he would have a steady income and he could dump the lawyer and become  an asset to the community.

If anything, it's that parasite lawyer that is the problem
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#18]
ADA? Must really be the IADA
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#19]
This stinks of fraud. I wonder why there isn't  a successful fraud investigation against DBAG and DBAG ATTNY. It smells so much like th vehicular fraud.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that.

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#21]
can someone remind me what the first A in ADA stands for again?

ETA: too slow, seem like others are catching the irony of it

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#22]
deport him!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
deport him!

It seems the most obvious solution.

Find a sympathetic border patrol agent and have them appear in the courthouse lobby to question the citizenship of the plaintiff.

Can't have lawsuits if the plaintiff isn't there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I propose a wheelchair ramp over the Rio grande.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
deport him!

It seems the most obvious solution.

Find a sympathetic border patrol agent and have them appear in the courthouse lobby to question the citizenship of the plaintiff.

Can't have lawsuits if the plaintiff isn't there.

This sounds like the most reasonable way to deal with it....just detain him on his way in and shuffle him off to the border.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#27]
0 directed ICE not to deport ILLEGALS unless they do something seriously ILLEGAL.

Fuck 0.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#28]

The first "A" in ADA mean "Americans", which this asshat is not. But, since this is in Southern Kali I am not surprised.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I propose a wheelchair ramp over the Rio grande.
+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fucking ridiculous!

We wouldnt want to do anything to preven illegals from reporting crimes or having acess to other due process.

Seriously, thats how police administrators think.

We cant pick up illegals because if we do the other illegals will be afraid to call us when they are crime victims. Sounds like a win/win to me. Less illegals and a lower reported crime rate.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That fucking POS has been doing it for years in SoCal. I remember them talking about him 3 years ago on the talk radio show I listen to.

John and Ken?  I've heard of these scams for years.  One guy couldn't even come up w/ what exactly his disability was when a reporter pressed him on it.  They go in and measure toilet paper dispensers, mirrors, ramps, etc and if anything is a cunt hair off they sue.  Then they say, "Give me $x and I'll stop the suit."  Most of the business owners are immigrants and are afraid they are going to lose their lives if they don't pay up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Reap what you sow.

ADA is fed law, smart guy ;)
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
My City got sued for not building any ADA wheelchair ramps. The City had to set aside $35 million from the court settlement agreement and begin building them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John and Ken?  I've heard of these scams for years.  One guy couldn't even come up w/ what exactly his disability was when a reporter pressed him on it.  They go in and measure toilet paper dispensers, mirrors, ramps, etc and if anything is a cunt hair off they sue.  Then they say, "Give me $x and I'll stop the suit."  Most of the business owners are immigrants and are afraid they are going to lose their lives if they don't pay up.

Yep, I can no longer listen to that show because after my hour plus drive I was always pissed off by the time I got home.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#35]
The entire business community should trespass him and ban him from their business. The second he tries to wheel in, have him arrested and press charges. Same for his POS lawyer. Someday someone is going to cap his ass and improve the world just a little bit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fucking ridiculous!

Now now now, that isn't very "big city thinkerish" of you.  We should embrace people like this....

Like embrace their head in the Jaws of life .
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not even American and I'm pissed off.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Surprised there aren't more stories like this, it's a law ripe for abuse.

For the most part these scumbags target small business with the aim of settling out.  The ADA should never been passed as civil legislation.  Period.  Because it was, the writers of the code books are very hesitant to offer any clarifications.  Unfortunately I deal with the ANSI standard every working day, its a bit different than the ADA but just as ludicrous.  For example 104.2 ANSI A117.1-2003 reads:  

"Dimensions.  Dimensions that are not stated as 'maximum' or 'minimum' are absolute. All dimensions are subject to conventional construction tolerances."

I have written a few letters to the writers asking for clarification as to what they mean by "conventional construction tolerances".  To this day I have not received a response.  It will open their company to liability if they answer.  Because it is passed as civil legislation everything has a lawyer attached to it.

I have read about a few cases where shitbags whom make their living filing discrimination law suits against usually small business (they are more likely to settle out than fight) over items that are not required to be accessible.  This is usually an existing building that was renovated at sometime under a current code.  Some of the jerks brining suit will ignore the fact that an existing building that undergoes a renovation remaining in the same occupancy classification is NOT REQUIRED to fully comply with the current accessibility code under ANSI.  They are only required to spend 20% of their costs on accessibility upgrades, thats it.  The intent is to bring these existing buildings into compliance gradually so the cost of bring the building into full compliance in one shot does not kill a business.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

My City got sued for not building any ADA wheelchair ramps. The City had to set aside $35 million from the court settlement agreement and begin building them.

If they did not do any renovations to trigger that requirement, they probably did not need to.  Unfortunately municipalities settle because it is politically correct to do so.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top