Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 8:53:14 AM EDT
Co-workers wife survived breast cancer,  however, at a screening before a 5 year celebration party found some spots on her lungs.

diagnosis is Metastatic Breast Cancer.

largest tumor is 0.9cm

their Oncologist has put together a chemo treatment, but before they do that, they're looking for recommendations on who to go to for
a second opinion on diagnosis and treatment.  They're basically looking for someone associated with the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston Texas.
If you know of another top rated MD, I'll pass that along as well.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#1]
All we can do is add her to our prayers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
IM sent...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Give me until this evening and let me ask the SO. She works for a large womens healthcare company that deals with diognosis and treatment and knows folks at MDA.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies so far,
I've replied via IM to those who've sent one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
My Mom received treatment there for Endometrial cancer.

If memory serves correctly, if you simply call the main number, they will set you up with a telephone screening to determine if you can be admittled as a new patient, or alternatively, you can complete and submit a self-referral form.   1.800.MDA.6789 or  https://www2.mdanderson.org/sapp/contact/selfreferral/index.cfm

Once admitted, you are assigned a Doc.  This Doc, along with their Fellows/Residents will examine the patient and develop a treatment plan.  I believe this plan is then reviewed at weekly committee or treatment board meetings, as well.

My Mom didn't make it, but I'm at peace with the treatment she receive there, and don't feel like there was anywhere else we should have gone.

Good luck to you and God bless.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the IM's.. anything and everything helps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top