Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 10:19:48 PM EDT
Just want to tell the hive how proud I am of my son....

Friday, he played HS football against another 5A team (Burnsville) He scored 4 touchdowns and ran for 123 yards  with the final score of 35-6.

Saturaday morning an independent recruiter called him wanting info and asking of he was intrested in mid-south schools.

Its so much fun watching him succeed on and off the feild.

Thats all,
   Bri
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
hoooah!
but.... think about his possible injuries going all-out, all the time for that school.
remember: discrection is the better part of valor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
hoooah!

but.... think about his possible injuries going all-out, all the time for that school.

He has a 3.9 GPA to fall back on, if needed

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hoooah!

good for him! Team sports can teach us so much about life! Make sure he knows school needs to be his primary focus, though
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Friday, he played HS football against another 5A team (Burnsville) He scored 4 touchdowns and ran for 123 yards  with the final score of 35-6.

Saturaday morning an independent recruiter called him wanting info and asking of he was intrested in mid-south schools.

Thats all,
   Bri

I'm sure he will have a bright future selling women's shoes at the mall.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
He sounds like a great kid. Best of times to you both.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Your son rocks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hoooah!

Smart and kicks ass on the field.

Great job, must be proud.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome; he puts his heart into it and he just might end up with a Heismann on his shelf. I bet you're in cloud nine with pride.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

You're one of the reasons we can't have nice things around here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

Goggle: four  touchdowns in a single game
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Not one season. ONE GAME!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats all,

Bri

1) Most of my friends who were capable of such feats are in college football right now

2) He has a 3.9 GPA

3) The only time you say such things to a father is if the kid is a drug abusing good for nothing piece of shit, and the father is okay with this.

So, in short, I'd like to thank Goatboy for the ignore feature.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

I didn't come up with anything there so I googled it. Ok, you got me. Good old Al Bundy reference. Carry on.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

1) Most of my friends who were capable of such feats are in college football right now
2) He has a 3.9 GPA
3) The only time you say such things to a father is if the kid is a drug abusing good for nothing piece of shit, and the father is okay with this.

Simmer down, he was making a funny. We both got caught by it though.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

2) He has a 3.9 GPA

Christ people it was a damn Al Bundy joke. Lighten up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

I didn't come up with anything there so I googled it. Ok, you got me. Good old Al Bundy reference. Carry on.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious with the way I bolded the 4 TDs part but I guess it wasnt. I went back and added a pic of Al Bundy to make it more obvious.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all,
   Bri

2) He has a 3.9 GPA

Simmer down, he was making a funny. We both got caught by it though.

Thanks Hard Corps.

Like I said, I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke but I guess it wasnt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought it was funny, I was a big time fan of MWC.

Bri
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like you raised a great son!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd be proud of that too.  Good job!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Have fun with it.  Make sure you figure out the college recruiting game if you think your son is being looked at.  Better to be well informed about how all of that works.  You also want to be realistic about his chances to play college ball.  The education is more important than the football...the reverse being true at many high profile football schools.

dvo
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:28:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow! You should be a proud papa! Hopefully he can use that skill to a free higher education. Tell him to stay on it and stay on the books.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought it was funny, I was a big time fan of MWC.

Bri

Well at least you got the joke and didnt go on some rant like C-C did.

Congrats on raising a great kid. Just make sure to keep him away from redheads.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#27]
While I enjoy married with children, I don't watch it much and don't remember that joke.

"bad" ignore.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Congrats Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son went to D-1 school on a track scholarship. He had a ball. The perks ( food, tutoring, access) were a real blessing. I had an old friend tell me the difference between a D-1 offensive tackle and a D-2 offensive tackle. One half inch and 5 lbs. Point being don`t press for big name schools. Push for the best education you can get him. You will be suprised at the lack of knowledge of your son`s coach now as opposed to his coaches in college. Two different planets. The college coaches all have at a minimum a masters in kinesiology and have a huge understanding of how young men mature physically.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top