Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 6:25:26 PM EDT
I am getting ready to leave for my deployment and I just bought a pair of Danner Terra Force X boots. I am going to break them in prior to reporting for mob, is there anything I need to do to break them in such as soak them in water overnight and then wear them?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never done anything to break in my Danners (or any other brand, FTM) besides wearing them around the house and on half day trips around town.

As long as you don't throw on a fresh pair of boots and pull a 5 mile hike in one sitting, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome. I am going to go ahead and do that then.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I always oil my boots initially then wear them then oil again when needed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned many pr's of Danners, and have done nothing to break them in besides wear them.
They have all served me very well.
Best of luck with yours, and stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Like everyone's said, there's no breakin.  If you want to be sure, just toss them on your feet and go about your normal day before deployment.  After a bit, it'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Every pair of Danners I've ever owned (4 or 5, don't remember exactly) hasn't needed any special break-in. Just put 'em on and go to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top