Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 4:15:05 PM EDT
The paper has to be from the perspective of any country but the US. It's basically under the premise of a foreign country coming to the table of an international conference of any type with its negotiating position on a particular issue.

It's actually a group project, so I'd have to get my fellow team members to agree to it, but I'd like to come up with an idea for the group that would be factual, but to some degree flies in the face of the liberal atmosphere of the class. These have to be presented to the class toward the end of the semester.

Any interesting ideas are appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
one bump
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
grorgia/russia conflict over osetia, lots of cool pics to go with it
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Australia and their mineral sales to China.

Research Rio Tinto.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Boobs Around the Globe: Is America Falling Behind?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I'm also looking at South Korea wanting to reprocess spent fuel rods. Also considered doing something with the Greek bailout.

Any more ideas, keep them coming.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Russia's reemergence from their decade long collapse and how ambitious they should be.  Go for international influence or lock down control of their region?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Canada:  We Aren't America's hat, and milk should come in bags.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Japan and whaling.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The Lava People vs. the IMF
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Who's going to own Antarctica?

eta: Best round for a Blue Helmut?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Liechtenstein: Global Power Projection in the 21st Century and Beyond.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
You could do something with France and their attempts to deport the Roma who have illegally immigrated.  That is international and obviously parallels issues here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Take the North Korean position on why the US is wonderful. Best of all, your liberal classmates will happily go along with the gag, unless you let on that you're doing it to make them look like assholes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's basically under the premise of a foreign country coming to the table of an international conference of any type with its negotiating position on a particular issue.

Being North Korea would be a hoot - You make hundreds of outrageous demands and ridiculous accusations, based on fabrications and flawed logic. Next, you label every news event as a "dangerous provocation", threatening to go to war. Finally, you extort money and goods from every other nation on the planet, promising a "new era of understanding". Repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's basically under the premise of a foreign country coming to the table of an international conference of any type with its negotiating position on a particular issue.

Being North Korea would be a hoot - You make hundreds of outrageous demands and ridiculous accusations, based on fabrications and flawed logic. Next, you label every news event as a "dangerous provocation", threatening to go to war. Finally, you extort money and goods from every other nation on the planet, promising a "new era of understanding". Repeat as needed.

Actually, that makes me think of what might be a fun idea.

Next Monday we have to read a paper called, "Change they can believe in: To make Israel safe, give Palestinians their due".

Anyway, I bet the instructor would love if we took a position for Israel and got a chance to speak for the Israeli side of things in front of the whole class.

ETA: This video is assigned for Friday. I haven't watched any of it yet, but I have a feeling it will be equally as thrilling...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8811228148340443316&ei=sOiXS83nG5K8qgL10K3yAg&q=Occupation+101&hl=en&client=firefox-a#
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, that makes me think of what might be a fun idea.

Next Monday we have to read a paper called, "Change they can believe in: To make Israel safe, give Palestinians their due".

Anyway, I bet the instructor would love if we took a position for Israel and got a chance to speak for the Israeli side of things in front of the whole class.

What would be interesting would be to kind of turn that around into being either Fatah or Hamas, and trying to make the case that any negotiation would result in legitimate peace for the Israelis.  With the group, try and make the case that either major Palestinian group could legitimately control the populace.

ETA:  Can you PM me the name of the professor/class?  I may have taken it two years ago, we had to watch Occupation 101 as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure you watch Arna's Children and Promises too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top