Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 3:36:40 PM EDT
I don't know what this is, so there's no contest or prize.  The joy of knowing you are smarter than the rest of us should be a big enough reward!

The top and bottom trays have drains which are plugged with cork. The entire unit is approx 4'10."  Ms. Urbanpi is an interior designer and picked this up with some antiques-she was told it is some sort of cooler (unknown if true).  Don't know if ice is kept in the top tray and the cool air and water work their way down the unit to cool the shelves??? Maybe egg/poultry related???

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Now I was really counting on ya'll for a quick ID................crickets.................
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Possum cooler, to be filled with root beer.

Okay, what do I win?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it supposed to go in a big walk in freezer/fridge or something?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it supposed to go in a big walk in freezer/fridge or something?

The shelves are only supported by tacked-in wires in the uprights, won't hold more than 30 lbs.  The center vent or drain on the top shelf extends above the sides, can't figure the screen....
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Opossom cleaning station.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Multiple midget autopsy station?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
IBD

In before "dikfer"
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Inside of an old school wooden "Ice Box"?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]
more info on the top part?  does it go through the tray?  anyway, my dad wants to buy it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking it's a florist's shelf for watering potted plants or flower pots by pouring water in the center pipe.  The water spreads out onto each shelf before it drains down and down and out, watering each pot through the hole in the pot's bottom.

I've been know to be wrong before, though.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm thinking it's a florist's shelf for watering potted plants or flower pots by pouring water in the center pipe.  The water spreads out onto each shelf before it drains down and down and out, watering each pot through the hole in the pot's bottom.

that answer holds the most promise.......I'm a victim of Obama's failed economic policy, so I'm sending you gov't cheese as a prize.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Multiple midget autopsy station?

Mrs. Urbanpi said she like this
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This seems the best answer due to the sizing of shelves.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]
That is for cultivating the hydroponic chronic yo!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That is for cultivating the hydroponic chronic yo!

The winner bet get some cheetos.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top