Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 2:29:48 PM EDT
and not get busted, in the 'burbs, even if they are only carrying air rifles.

Glad to see kids are just being kids and not getting thrown in jail, parent accused w/reckless upbringing (or some horseshit OMG crap) and all the liberal "it's for the children" lame excuses cantwearthatFOBteeshirttoschool bull hockey, ruin a guys life cuz we can't have that in our fuckinggaypccorrect society or shoot a fucked up dog.

Hope mom makes them eat the squirrel, rattlesnake, scorpion or whatever their little scopes focused on, if they don't volunteer to make it happen and post dinner pics.

It warmed my heart to see all is not lost.

Carry on!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was in high school I had a teacher who was into black powder guns.

One day he brought some in to class to show us.

Everyone - faculty, students, parents - was cool with this.

Today?

Today, liberal's heads would explode.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahh... un-Obama'd American kids doing what they do best.

Great stuff!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
In my folks neighborhood, in S. Seattle you can do it.
Hell, we had people putting up posters in english and spanish warning that people had guns and were waiting for burglars.
The news even covered it, FAIRLY!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Even in the peoples republic of Massachusetts in the 70's during soccer games I remember watching hunters walk to the river during duck season and no one freaked. Today it would bring a SWAT response.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was in HS you were able to bring in a gun and completely refinish it in our Senior shop class. We just stored them in a locked room in the shop. Every other young teen you saw was carrying a .22, pellet rifle, or shotgun headed down to the river. Glad to hear there are folks in your area with some common sense. It's pretty much gone in my area. Too many nosy House Frau's these days.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was in high school, you couldn't walk into the school parking lot without seeing some sort of shotgun/rifle/"truck gun" in the rear window rack of EVERY friggin' pickup parked in the lot...and yet no one got shot, go figure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Today?

I had a teacher do this also in NY of all places early '90's

He also played the bagpipes and had a HAM radio in class

Mr. Wilcox, may dad also had him same school same grade
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I graduated in '94. We had an "advanced" P.E. class with a  trap shooting section. 20+ kids walking through the halls with shotguns on our shoulders. It was beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran into a couple kids out past curfew a couple years ago toting a .22 rifle. I could hear their coon dogs in the woods behind them. I told them good luck, and watch where their shooting. I would much rather see them out doing a little hunting, then out breaking into cars and other things. Maybe there is still some hope left for this country after all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Today?

My college professor brought in some rifles, handguns, and shotguns for a lecture for my class.  Spent an hour and a half listening to him talk about guns.  College cops here also brought their ARs and Mossberg 590s into a dorm for an improv gun show.  Let students hold them, taught them about safety, etc.  And we can also store our guns with the police here.  They all are just as much gun guys as I am, and they like to check out what I have when I check them in/out.  I'm sure I go to one of the few universities that has a room labeled "student weapons"

My gun lecture last week, the professor also had a slide that said 9mm vs .45  Which is better.  Maybe he's an arfcommer?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit, I'm only in my mid to late 20's and can remember when it was OK to for guns to exist.

I clearly remember teachers talking about it in school and one even bringing in their 1911 to show once.

It seems like everything went down hill post 2000 and it's still headed that way.... I don't even know how.

If my (now) ex is any indicator of how teachers are today (and she is a teacher) I'm not surprised. The most uneducated, box minded, liberal taught things ever....

You want to change a way a populace thinks? Go for the teachers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I seem to have been right on the cusp of liberal retardation in Texas

I was in the high school graduating class of 2000.

When I went from elementary to middle school, they banned paddling in elementary.

When I went from middle school to high school, they mandated a strict dress code in middle school.

My junior year of high school they started doing drug dog sweeps of the school and parking log and expelling students for Advil, spent shot gun shells, arrows, beer cans in the beds of trucks, etc. etc.

The year after I graduated they put in metal detectors.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was in high school a guy forgot to take his rifle out of his back window after a weekend of hunting. He was arrested and suspended for 1 year.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When I was in high school a guy forgot to take his rifle out of his back window after a weekend of hunting. He was arrested and suspended for 1 year.

Midwest City High School in Oklahoma, about 8 or so years ago.  A kid opened the trunk of his car and a teacher spotted a butter knife.  The student couldn't find a flathead screwdriver and used the butter knife to install woofers in his trunk.  A damn libtard cost that student a promising college career over a butter knife.  The pencils in that kids backpack were more deadly.  I would rather go into a fight with those yard sticks almost every teacher has than a butter knife.  He was a good wrestler and had colleges looking at him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top