Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 12:19:06 PM EDT
Yes, Lock together laminate floor is a pain in the ass, although it may be because i bought the cheap stuff I'm only laying a floor in my Mancave/Gun room. I'd tap in one end of the flood and then it would come out on the other end, But i eventually got it to stay locked together.

The next step is to put up trim, And then build a workbench. I have a mini fridge, but its still in MD.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The shit is never as easy as the commercials make it look.  I put down 1200SF in the basement.  I wont do that again.  My man cave / reload room is gonna be luck to get epoxy paint on the floor
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sheeeeeit, my aunt did her whole house in it. That was after she tore out the sliding glass door and put french doors in though

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The first few pieces are always like that. Once you get a small area completed, it gets easier. It also helps if you start with the tongues/grooves oriented in the right direction. I've done it backwards once and it was a royal PITA the entire time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
The reason it's coming unlocked at the other end is because you are supposed to put spacers against the wall as you go along to prevent this from happening.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy the install kit, they're cheap and have the spacers and tools to do the job quickly and protect the material.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The reason it's coming unlocked at the other end is because you are supposed to put spacers against the wall as you go along to prevent this from happening.

it wasnt comming unlocked at the other end of the floor, just at the end of the board i was working with, most likely was very slightly not straight. I would like to do my living room in it though, but might have to buy the more expensive stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]
that can happen if there are tiny little pieces of crap in the groove.  we used a spacer or a flat screwdriver to clear that channel of every piece and that problem might go away.  the cheaper the flooring the more likely the groove isn't perfect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Cutting it is fun too. Why the hell does it spark?/?/?/? 2 blade on the miter saw for 500 sqfeet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cutting it is fun too. Why the hell does it spark?/?/?/? 2 blade on the miter saw for 500 sqfeet.

The finish is extremely hard on laminate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Not much kills a blade faster.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
dont forget to leave a gap at the edges  

dont be one of the the " see laminate floor sucks.. look how it buckeled!"  ..  do it right
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
You need to use the Traffic Master vinyl one - each piece has a glue strip to stick to the one next to it & you can cut it with a razor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Not much kills a blade faster.

Not with a $70 blade it aint hard.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top