Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:16:57 AM EDT
try play that angle?

"I grew up in a mud hut in a Ubangi village in Kenya and split rails for local farmers to make enough to go to Nairobi to read law."

What an angle!

ETA: He'd never pull off coming from a Pygmy village. He's too tall.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#1]
*snort*

A guy that went to an exclusive school in Hawaii?  Who went (supposedly) to Ivy League colleges?  Who became part of the Chicago Machine?  Who got a sweetheart deal on an expensive house?  Who, along with his wife, pulled in 6 figure incomes for doing essentially nothing?

The media did a hell of a job burying his past but even they couldn't transform Obama into someone who grew up in poverty and clawed his way out of it.  He may not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but enough people came along soon enough to put one there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
*snort*

A guy that went to an exclusive school in Hawaii?  Who went (supposedly) to Ivy League colleges?  Who became part of the Chicago Machine?  Who got a sweetheart deal on an expensive house?  Who, along with his wife, pulled in 6 figure incomes for doing essentially nothing?

The media did a hell of a job burying his past but even they couldn't transform Obama into someone who grew up in poverty and clawed his way out of it.  He may not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but enough people came along soon enough to put one there.

The spin doctors can do anything.

Put him in a stovepipe hat and give him a chinstrap beard and have him holding an axe.

"Barak Obama, the rail splitter from Nairobi!"

I can see it now!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*snort*

Put him in a stovepipe hat and give him a chinstrap beard and have him holding an axe.

I can see it now!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
*snort*

I can see it now!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7NduKsyhQUo/TIz_5R4rqBI/AAAAAAAAQ5s/dL6gluMOdIc/obama-abe.jpg

You got it!

(That was FAST)
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
*snort*

I can see it now!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7NduKsyhQUo/TIz_5R4rqBI/AAAAAAAAQ5s/dL6gluMOdIc/obama-abe.jpg

that is so wrong.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I can see him a couple years down the road in a Geico commercial with the Wookie.

"Barak, does this dress make my ass look big?"
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
*snort*

IIRC his wife's salary was tripled after he was elected Senator for no other reason. They are the privileged people democrats and "social justice" seekers rail about.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The last 'log cabin' POTUS we had wiped his ass w/ the constitution, birthed big brother and killed states rights

If thats what you want, Obama is doin' fairly well to that same end!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
*snort*

I can see it now!

that is so wrong.

I agree.  Nicely done, but wrong none the less.

For what it is worth he did try to claim the Lincoln mantle for himself during his campaign.  The train ride and all that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]
You DO know about Log Cabin Republicans, don't you?  

Besides, I am pretty sure there isn't any timber in Kenya worth actually splitting for fences.

And fences imply individual ownership of the land and the livestock.  Pretty much the opposite of the Dream of His Father.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#11]
He grew up in a log mosque.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*snort*

IIRC his wife's salary was tripled after he was elected Senator for no other reason. They are the privileged people democrats and "social justice" seekers rail about.

It was after a government(read Tax money) handout was given to the place the wookie worked, and they then tripled her salary
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can see him a couple years down the road in a Geico commercial with the Wookie.

I understand she may share some of Mary Todd Lincoln's issues as well.  I would hate to be the one on the spot answering that question.  Perhaps that is why he tries to stay in shape.  Escape and evade and all that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You DO know about Log Cabin Republicans, don't you?  

Besides, I am pretty sure there isn't any timber in Kenya worth actually splitting for fences.

And fences imply individual ownership of the land and the livestock.  Pretty much the opposite of the Dream of His Father.  

Aren't they the gay variety?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*snort*

It was after a government(read Tax money) handout was given to the place the wookie worked, and they then tripled her salary

Yes, and the position she had has been unfilled since she left it.  It was a payoff, pure and simple.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Bumped so the night crew can admire Airwolf masterpiece.

(
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"Barak, does this dress C5-A Galaxy tarp make my ass look big?"

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

UMMMM errrrrrrrrrr uh what I mean is urrr ummmmm ahhhhh I inherited wait .... errr ummmm well I think errrrrr

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Since Clinton is "in a while"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top