Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2002 7:45:44 AM EDT
I gotta see it - no matter how awful it may be.

[url]www.jasonx.com[/url]

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw the preview in Blade II.  Looks absolutely horrible, especially since they give him a make over!  THE BETTER STRONGER NEWER JASON X!  From the beginning of the preview I thought it was going to be another bad ass Aliens movie...wow was I disappointed!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple of the AIM icons and desktops were pretty neat. I'll have to go back when the cable modem gets hooked up to watch the intro and the trailer...

Scott

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, I have to see it because [b]Lexa Doig[/b] is a hottie [:p]

[img]http://www.lexaonline.com/photos/jasonx/jxtr4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.lexaonline.com/photos/jasonx/jxtr1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.lexaonline.com/photos/newprof/np10.jpg[/img]

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, the chick is hot. (To try and save this from Kevin's padlock LMFAO) How about that big gun the dude is holding on the main page? It looks like a sawed off (VERY short barrels) mini-gun...

Scott

P.S. Just kidding ya Kev
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a huge Horror film freak and I respect the fact you guys still find value in Jason, but how many more times can they bring him back?
I have yet to see a quality horror film in the past 5-10 years. What happened? I miss the good Dawn Of The Dead quality flicks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a huge Horror film freak and I respect the fact you guys still find value in Jason, but how many more times can they bring him back?
I have yet to see a quality horror film in the past 5-10 years. What happened? I miss the good Dawn Of The Dead quality flicks.
View Quote

Apaprently, Jason has been in suspended animation in a "sleeper ship". From the looks of the previw and the website...

Scott

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be a great rental
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.lexaonline.com/photos/newprof/np10.jpg[/img]

Tyler
View Quote

Hey she shoots like me. Hold gun with the rt hand and do the head tilt to aim with the left eye and keep both eyes open thingy. I like her....I would love to eat her....I mean MEET her. [:p] [:D] She looks like a cross between Jessica Alba and Angielina Jolie.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
"Apaprently, Jason has been in suspended animation in a "sleeper ship". From the looks of the previw and the website..."

From Camp Crystal Lake to NYC to a sleeper ship in outer space......what's next - Jason Goes Back In Time - See who really killed JFK!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"Apaprently, Jason has been in suspended animation in a "sleeper ship". From the looks of the previw and the website..."

From Camp Crystal Lake to NYC to a sleeper ship in outer space......what's next - Jason Goes Back In Time - See who really killed JFK!
View Quote

I told y'all Oswald was a patsy...

Scott

P.S. Necromancer can be thanked when the padlock slaps on. LOL

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Is anyone else having a difficult time believing that this thing is actually getting a theatrical release?  To me, it looks laughably bad!  Is anyone else reminded of Leprachaun in Space?  That movie was so bad it was funny, and this looks like it will be no different.  But with Lisa Ryder and Lexa Doig, I'm probably going to see it eventually.  Metal Jason and all.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Considering how bad the last couple were, this one looks good to me. [%|]

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. And PG-13 rated horror movies? [rolleyes] The only good horror movies I can think of recently offhand are John Carpenter's Vampires and Blade.

Really I think movies overall have started to suck since the 90's and the teen trend set in so that everything had to be toned down to get the teenyboppers in the seats.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Vampires was cool. Blade was as good as it could be with Snipes as the DayWalker. If  you liked "Vampires", look for the book "Armor" by John Steakley (the same writer). "Armor" is about an Earth soldier fighting giants ants on a totally inhospitable world.  It goes from the battlefield to a research center on another world, where they end up with Felix's armor. They find a way to read the data of everything he experienced off the metal of the armor, where it has been magnetically recorded. I have read the book at least ten times, adn always in a day or so. It is a page-turner even when you know what is going to happen...

Scott

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Forgot Sleepy Hollow. Great atmosphere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#17]
The concept of this one(along with the others) look pretty damn stupid [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe I'm taking a totally simplistic view of this, but it seems to me that this one should be pretty easy. Seems to me all they would have to do is get out on the lifepods and set the ship's autopilot to navigate into the nearest star. No way in hell 'ol Jason would be able to figure that one out. You could even destroy the controls after setting the course just to make sure. Jason was one bad MF, but he wouldn't come back from that one....

Oh, DScottHewitt, you are absolutely correct, armor is a great book. Felix rocks. Just imagine what he could have done with Kent's suit....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top