Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 6:40:06 PM EDT
For obvious reasons...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Chin up, brother.

Remember, but don't let the enemy win.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here Cried a few times today
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
God bless the victims and families who were hurt nine years ago
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Same here, brother. I for one will never forget, and f––k the people that did this, and f––k the people that kiss their ass today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
911 has only made us stronger!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Same here Cried a few times today

Every time I turn around it's a video clip, a picture, a sound byte...some of it sends chills down my spine...some of it makes me angry...most of it make me sad, and upset.

I still can't believe what I saw that day.

I'll be okay, as we all will. It's just so damn depressing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Chin up, brother.

Remember, but don't let the enemy win.....

This.

Just like the British during the London Blitz.

They kept a stiff upper lip and still went to work, school, shopping, pubs, etc.

These fuckstains will have won if we allow them to demoralize us.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
hang in there bro, we haven't forgot either.

We never will.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
God bless the victims and families who were hurt nine years ago

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I had to disconnect about 6pm - just made me angry to continue watching, I can only take so much.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I made it a point to not watch college football, Nascar or any other TV programs I would normally watch. But rather watch the news and History channel pretty much all day. It was pretty dusty in here most of the day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Completely know the feelings..... Tried watching some of the shows on it but couldn't make it threw them.

Will always remember that day and everything about it. Or or the year spent hunting them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Yesterday I had a surprise 40th B-day party to attend for one of my wife's childhood friends, didn't want to go but had to

I chose not to drink and stuck to Coke, there was a lot of Booze and Beer flowing the DJ was cranking music and I tried not be judgemental about the whole partying on what for some of us is a solemn day of rememberance

This Girl had a rough year battling Breast Cancer which was brought about by treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma 20 yrs ago, she deserved the celebration of life and friends and family and I acknowledged that to myself and celebrated with her

Went home and my wife had turned some documentaries on, within minutes I got very anxious and all those feelings welled up inside

Saw the footage of the planes impacting, people jumping and the Towers collapse

I couldn't watch anymore

My personal connection is that I lost neighbors, my wife has a young boy in the school that she works who lost his father and grandfather there

We see and feel the scars left behind almost daily

A former co-worker of mine died that day along with his brother

Another friend of mine lost his wife

I pray for the families and friends of the victims that perhaps they can know peace in their personal lives

I pray one day America will have the Leadership that will set things right and keep us safe
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#15]
It never gets any easier.

Sometimes I think part of me will always be there, standing  on West St., looking up at that tower burning.

Being a part of history sucks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had to disconnect about 6pm - just made me angry to continue watching, I can only take so much.

this. Started to get really pissed and bad thoughts were entering my head.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#17]
The thing that really drives it home, for me, is watching the people jump.  There are videos of the firemen under an atrium hearing, what they figure out later to be, people hitting the glass above them.  That is an 1100 ft drop, and as one person noted in the project, "The falling man", a 10 second free fall.  I cannot grasp that final act of desperation, and I remember seeing videos of them falling, and pondering the entire night of September 11th, 2001, while sitting behind a SAW at the front gate to the base I was stationed on, what their final thought process was.

Mother fuck Al Qaeda and those responsible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top