Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2010 5:36:44 PM EDT
ever been on it, Cop, accused, victim, witness, etc.? Closest I have been was in Tulsa on my way home from work, I saw the crew filming a traffic stop.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't on COPs but a guy that I went to high school with was on Worlds Dumbest Criminals.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
a guy that I went to high school with was on to catch a predator.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My cousin was arrested on one show, I've never seen it but that's what the family tells me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Well actually, I never appeared on the show.  I was the subject of a police search on COP's Pittsburgh.

Lets just say there was a fight at a nightclub.  I was marginally involved, but defended myself vigorously.  A bouncer was hurt and I was a "person of interest."

They didn't find me and I didn't return to Pittsburgh after that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes.  Well actually, I never appeared on the show.  I was the subject of a police search on COP's Pittsburgh.

Lets just say there was a fight at a nightclub.  I was marginally involved, but defended myself vigorously.  A bouncer was hurt and I was a "person of interest."

Quoted to make it permanent.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I was that blurry guy!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
a guy that I went to high school with was on to catch a predator.

Please have a seat over there
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#9]
sometimes when watching that show with a group of people i get worried i am going to be on it in some blacked out drunken stupor from my drinking days.

Now, i am pretty damn sure that has never happened, but every once and a while they will be showing an episode filmed in my hometown, and stuff starts to feel real familiar.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because that's definitely not a dick move...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I was teaching my cousin to drive in a mall lot one evening and they rolled up all hard on me w/ camera crews, since nothing happened and I wasnt dumb enough to allow them to search my car it was never shown on TV
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

oh look a jr gman is going to solve that one for the po-leece
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you did there...........................EVERYONE see's and remembers it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

oh look a jr gman is going to solve that one for the po-leece

He's trolling other threads like a bitch, too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

for what fucking reason?? are you fucking that retarded?? who gives a shit...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#17]
My oldest stepson was on an episode of Houston Cops as an EMS awhile back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then don't worry about anything.
Everyone calm down.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
ever been on it, Cop, accused, victim, witness, etc.? Closest I have been was in Tulsa on my way home from work, I saw the crew filming a traffic stop.

I know a guy who is a camera man for the show.

Ill also grew up with a guy who is the producer of Cheaters.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be willing to bet he has good stories
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

More people will remember that you quoted it, and what is says about you, than what DV8 did.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be willing to bet he has good stories

ETA: Both of them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Then don't worry about anything.
Everyone calm down.

no you are being an ass for what reason? he wouldnt have posted it on the fucking internet if he didnt want anyone to know. so what was the point of your response?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

More people will remember that you quoted it, and what is says about you, than what DV8 did.

I'm going to loose so much sleep tonight because I upset some people on the internet.

I'm making a point, no one is going to arrest the guy or look for him. IF he was confessing to murder everyone here would be quoting it and calling him an idiot for posting it.  I have seen it before on this forum.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to loose so much sleep tonight because I upset some people on the internet.

I'm making a point, no one is going to arrest the guy or look for him. IF he was confessing to murder everyone here would be quoting it and calling him an idiot for posting it.  I have seen it before on this forum.

So again, why did you do it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Me? No. Dirt bag kids at my school? Yes.

Forget which episode but it was recently (1-2 years ago) in Tampa, Fl. They go for a beer run, get the beer and drive off in their truck and literally right across the street from the gas station crash it into a wooded area that has a huge ditch in it. They all try to run away on foot but are being chased down by K-9s and helicopters. They all get arrested and they all think they are badasses now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So again, why did you do it?

Apparently to make some kind of a "point", whatever that means
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#28]
They filmed in my precinct when they did their short stint with NYPD. They showed the old Street Crime Unit take a .357 of some guy on a bike.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#29]
My voice is on at least one apisode, where I was dispatching and one of my guys got into a foot pursuit from a stolen vehicle. Never seen it, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#30]
this wasnt on cops, but it was on one of those 'dumb criminal' shows.

it was the PT Cruiser riding around the inside of a mall, and the dude fights with the security guard and cop after it.

the guy driving the car was a good buddy of mines dad. he drove through the doors and into the mall because he said his wife waas being held captive in there, and he was trying to rescue her.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:52:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:52:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I was on once.  I beat the hell out of my ex-wife.  B*t*h called the cops.  I barricaded myself in the house for like 8 hrs.  At about 5 hrs in, they pumpED tear gas in the house, but I had my head in a plastic bag  (I couldn’t finish my beer after that).

They finally assaulted the house around 1 a.m..  I was ready for them, but my Hesse SF AR15 wouldn’t fire.   They still shot me about 10 times. I was in a coma for 3 weeks then I died.

Given how shallow the bullets were penetrating my body, I assume they were using 40 gr. VMAX.  However, I didn’t see the finally report (had to go to a funeral).

Oh, they shoot my dog too & he wasn’t even there. He was across town at my girlfriend’s (step-sister) house.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What point are you trying to make?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I was on once.  I beat the hell out of my ex-wife.  B*t*h called the cops.  I barricaded myself in the house for like 8 hrs.  At about 5 hrs in, they pumpED tear gas in the house, but I had my head in a plastic bag  (I couldn’t finish my beer after that).

They finally assaulted the house around 1 a.m..  I was ready for them, but my Hesse SF AR15 wouldn’t fire.   They still shot me about 10 times. I was in a coma for 3 weeks then I died.

Given how shallow the bullets were penetrating my body, I assume they were using 40 gr. VMAX.  However, I didn’t see the finally report (had to go to a funeral).

Oh, they shoot my dog too & he wasn’t even there. He was across town at my girlfriend’s (step-sister) house.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#35]
My dad (State Trooper) was on the opening credits for a couple of years in the early 90's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I would have never started this conversation, but this show gives cops a JBT image and does them a disservice.  I can't watch it because my blood begins to boil.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What point are you trying to make?

I would be the first to say that it was a douchebag move and call sailsail out for it.  However, I wouldn't have posted if the issue wasn't resolved.  

A good friends father was the former States Attorney.  He pulled security video of the incident and showed the injured party was participating in numerous illegal acts.  If he felt his injuries were serious enough to press charges, the local prosecutor might be interested in his "extra-curricular" activities.

I never heard another word about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I would have never started this conversation, but this show gives cops a JBT image and does them a disservice.  I can't watch it because my blood begins to boil.

Bullshit.  COPS makes cops look like the most patient and understanding people on the planet, as they wade through the human waste of our society, beating their heads against the wall of a broken justice system.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

failfail sailsail

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes.....I was the guy with no shirt in the trailer park in that one episode
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:53:09 AM EDT
[#41]
They film with my agency all of the time.  I've never been on it and don't care to be.

From what I've heard / seen, COPS doesn't seem to be interested in filming anything involving actual law enforcement anymore.  They seem to be mostly interested in filming Jerry Springer-esque trailer-trash shenanigans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Several years ago I was on a ride along with a local agency and whenever someone would ask who I was (during contacts) the officer told them I was a producer with COPS and I was scouting locations.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that show is filmed in Dallas, I know some of them through hockey here in Dallas. A lot of them play on a team together in the area here.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Was in Nashville once and saw them filming on Nolensville Rd.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm the guy watching TV on the front deck of my trailer, wearing a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, tidy whities and throwing a garbage can around the driveway.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I saw my buddies carport and backyard on one episode.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Closest thing to any of those things you mentioned is my parents' house/street has been on with one chase, but I've seen it on about 5 different Cops-type shows with chases and things.  Some schizo bitch acted like she had a gun and pointed her purse at officers, then stole a cruiser and went for a joyride.  It's always fun seeing her drive past the folks' house if they play the whole clip.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:39:12 AM EDT
[#48]
nope
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes - Law Enforcement officer in Broward County when it started..
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#50]
 Been on it, they've profiled my agency a couple of times.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top