Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 3:59:25 PM EDT
The scientific name is, Hypertrichosis, which is hair growth on the body in an amount considered abnormal.

I was just watching a show on this. The story took place in India {I'm guessing} and focused on children with this disease.

The father of one child, a boy, was shaving his son with a straight razor for a laser treatment later that day. The father was saying how if he shaved his son every day that it would damage his son's skin so they would rather just keep the hair.

There was also a family with six girls of which three had the disease. It was keeping the affected girls from getting married, and according to the program, placing a financial burden on the family.

I know the answer can't be as simple as just using an electric shaver, and shaving everyday,  but can someone please tell me why it wouldn't work?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the "The more you shave, the faster it grows" bullshit
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]

shaving every day is a pain in the ass enough when it's just your face...

a whole body shave every day would suck. I'd probably just let it grow out.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The scientific name is, Hypertrichosis, which is hair growth on the body in an amount considered abnormal.

I was just watching a show on this. The story took place in India {I'm guessing} and focused on children with this disease.

The father of one child, a boy, was shaving his son with a straight razor for a laser treatment later that day. The father was saying how if he shaved his son every day that it would damage his son's skin so they would rather just keep the hair.

There was also a family with six girls of which three had the disease. It was keeping the affected girls from getting married, and according to the program, placing a financial burden on the family.

I know the answer can't be as simple as just using an electric shaver, and shaving everyday,  but can someone please tell me why it wouldn't work?

There are furries out there who would pay serious coin to get some of that.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell there are furries here!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I know one of these guys...but he is of Mexican descent
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't mean a whole body shave, just the face.

However, it would be strange to feel up a hairy boob.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
One of the stranger threads I have ever clicked on,,,
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Unclicking now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Rule 34 and 35
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rule 34 and 35

There are rules to feeling a hairy boob?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Have you ever seen a hairless dog?

That's why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top