Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 3:00:43 PM EDT
...I fired up the BBQ...have a Keg of World Class Hefeweizen in the Garage Fridge next to my Motorcyle (MMMm...more things that were forbidden when I was married)....enjoyed the solitude of my own home and company of my 2 dogs.....
...............and ....I just wanted you to know......

............................................. It Felt Good!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
WIN.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!

Shame about me being nowhere near your keg. Sounds tasty!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on Ya!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds enjoyable.

Be careful of too much solitude though, it can get awful lonely.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
You were not allowed to fire up the grill or have a beer when you were married?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm just going to say such nonsense would not go over well with me.

I don't see how anyone can live by having their life dictated to them.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's crazy talk!

I can go outside and grill beer if I want! CRAZY TALK!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You're on the road to recovery!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice, a big thumbs up!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Living well is the best revenge, or so some say.  While others say that would be "to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet –– to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women," I daresay living well is probably a bit more legal.

Live it up!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep....No Beer...No Motorcyle....Tried to say No to getting a Dog......

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Enjoy life
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Woo Hoo! Keg party!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

WOW!!!

You are way better off without her!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Living well is the best revenge, or so some say.  While others say that would be "to crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet –– to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women," I daresay living well is probably a bit more legal.

Live it up!

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!  Enjoy
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Cheers to freedom!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#19]
No pie....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No pie....

Sometimes pie isn't worth the hassle.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Just need a good stoogie to top it off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

wow, did you miss the signs or something?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No pie....

Pie is avalible without a wedding .
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I should add...that I dated more women in the first year of my divorce than in my entire life...I am on my 3rd year now....and its been the same every time with every woman I ever dated; their main thing was:

(a.) Aquiring Assets
(b.) Aquiring Control over those Assets.

They used many different methods...but the goals have always been the same.

I guess its just the way their brains are wired.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No pie....

Good for you
Pie... Cheaper to rent than to buy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I should add...that I dated more women in the first year of my divorce than in my entire life...I am on my 3rd year now....and its been the same every time with every woman I ever dated; their main thing was:

(a.) Aquiring Assets
(b.) Aquiring Control over those Assets.

They used many different methods...but the goals have always been the same.

I guess its just the way their brains are wired.

That's the sad realization that's been becoming clearer to me over the last 20 years.   Makes women seem alot colder than I used to see them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No pie....

There's always pie.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Enjoy your free agency. I am in a lifetime contract and I don't really want to be traded for a player to be named later.
I have a buddy who is divorced. Everytime he comes in talking about "this one might be the one" I point out how when he wanted to go buy a new Browning O/U he just went and got it. I point out how when he wants to take off for a weekend on his Harley, he just goes. I point out when he gets off work, if he wants to go hit the asian massage parlor then go have a steak and beer while watching the game...no problem. That usually clears his head!!!

Myself, I am happy in the 17th year "under contract".

ETA: of course, I married an Alabama farm girl. She loves to shoot, sports and go have a steak. We just came from the steakhouse, sat in the bar and had wings and burgers while watching the Texas––Wyoming game. She already told me she wants dessert later!!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, glad to hear you're doing all right!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I remember freedom.  I don't miss it too much...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#32]
I recently got divorced after 16 years.

The loneliness is fading as I again become accustomed to freedom.

Congrats on  getting back to normal.

Now if I could just figure out how to meet non-crazy women......
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok, dunno why u married such a cunt, but good thing you axed her ass!!  NEVER let them take control of you like that...ever!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#34]
As well it should have.

Well done.  2 days after my wife moved out, I woke up at 4 am, made steak and eggs, and drank beer.

Went back to bed and watched The Family Guy as loud as I fucking wanted to.

The next day I spent cleaning guns and shooting.

Fuckin loved it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

WTF did you say I Do for ?....................
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I seem to remember that day –– it was beyond compare.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#37]
life is so much better without some pita nagging!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

WIN.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#39]
One of the happiest days of my life was when my soon to be ex showed up at the door just in time to see a younger, hotter girl leaving after spending the night. (This was the day after I threw her ass out of the house, by the way). She bitched about it to anyone who would listen for the next year or so.

My only regret is not having that day happen about 5 years earlier than it did.

Marriage can be great but the good ones are very, very rare now. Thank the feminists movement, pop culture and Hollywood for that state of affairs. The supply of Domestic women is comparable to late seventies automobiles at this point in time. If you plan to buy, buy an import is all I can advise. Sadly these type of imbalances take generations to right themselves and the number of "prizes" for the guys who play the game by the rules and try to do the right thing are very few. Most American women have zero respect for a decent husband / good father. In fact, with a lot of them being that type of Man will drive them completely away...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I recently got divorced after 16 years.

The loneliness is fading as I again become accustomed to freedom.

Congrats on  getting back to normal.

Now if I could just figure out how to meet non-crazy women......

I've been divorced for 6 years now, after being married for 28.
Have gone thru, in one way or another, about 30 women. (One shot coffee dates, quick affairs, 3 long term affairs, etc...)
I have come to the conclusion that all women are crazy.
You just have to find the one who's crazy you can tolerate.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No pie....

Pie is avalible without a wedding .

Not for most of these stags...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I was doing armed crap work and walked in saw the place trashed and stripped out, walked out handed my duty belt to my cool as shit fireman neighbor, called the hottest chick I knew for a dinner and date and fun and did not look back.

Woke up around 6am and thought life was good and the pie was MUCH better, collected firearm then went shooting then more freedom pie.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#43]
It's the weirdest thing but these guys who practice the "pick up artist" methodology are actually onto something. It's basic game theory applied to women - using psychology and strategy to beat the "game".

Now, I'm not going to dress up like some anime fag but just about any guy can adapt the theory into his own tactics and come out with a much better hit rate. Think of it as using "unconventional warfare" in the war of the sexes if that helps. The basic tactics - creating a perception of higher value, finding the best look for your body type, overcoming built in resistance and defeatism - all true. I especially like the theories pertaining to alpha and beta males - that most women look for alpha males to have fun and beta males to tie down and ideally play daddy to the children they made with an alpha male. I've had a blessed life in terms of being able to land women far above and beyond my "looks" and social station, all I can say is a lot of that is having practiced a lot of those techniques before they were being taught.

A really funny blog on the subject is http://roissy.wordpress.com/

I don't care how old / fat / tired you are. If you want to bring strange women home on a nightly basis you can do it and you really don't even have to follow the pick up artist's games to do so. Most of it's pure self confidence and knowing when to be the "nice guy" and when not to.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Good for you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top