Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 2:34:33 PM EDT
Original one that was busted:

New one, of course after I've already moved all the stuff over to it.

WTF are the brass things that don't go to anything I can find?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no mechanic, but my guess would be they would connect to the cooling lines of the engine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
those look like fittings for the tranny cooler. is your a stick or auto
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

those look like fittings for the tranny cooler. is your a stick or auto

Usually aftermarket and even some factory replacements are all configured for an auto, probably cheaper then making some with and without.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Manual. I bet you that's what they did. I'm just putting this in for my mom, so ill have to ask her if she made sure they ordered the right one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I would guess transmission or heater core.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
if everything else fits,I would just see if there are any fittings at HD and then plug them up and you should be GTG
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Were there any additional "plugs" with the rad?  If yes, and you don't need 'em...just unscrew the brass fittings and replace with the plugs.  Also, can't tell from the pic, but is the replacement rad a plastic one too?  Also don't forget to remove the covers on the bottom so the nipples will fit into the holes when replacing it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are for an auto tranny.

It's a different chamber in the the rad, you'll be fine if you dont use it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, those are for an auto trans,that's the  cooler built in, just leave them unhooked.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, those are for an auto trans,that's the  cooler built in, just leave them unhooked.

Ok, I've been searching online and couldn't find any info on that. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Those are hookups for the keg that's tapped in the trunk. Warm beer in, cold refreshness out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

If you don't hook anything up to them, they're just empty chambers.  Antifreeze won't come out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

if everything else fits,I would just see if there are any fittings at HD and then plug them up and you should be GTG
Yes, you have a radiator that will work.

It may not be "Factory Correct", but it is the right one for your car from an aftermarket aspect.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess the only stupid question is the one not asked! Time to go back and put the thing back together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top