Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 2:33:55 PM EDT
I would like you all to know how hard it was.
I am part of a small group of people that get confused with the Fire Departments.
I was a Paramedic, now I am retired.
I traveled 12 hours, to help my brothers. We were not asked, we just did.
We helped other EMT's who droped everything to help. And ran out of money trying to get to NYC.
Many people don't know that EMT's and  'Medics are poorly under paid.  We will risk everything to help someone else.
We helped all our Brothers in Emergency Services.
A crying Firefighter, was cared for. We could see the hulks of the EMS units whose crew would never be back.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you and God Bless you.

-3D
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thank you and God Bless you.

-3D

+1000000000  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would like you all to know how hard it was.
I am part of a small group of people that get confused with the Fire Departments.
I was a Paramedic, now I am retired.
I traveled 12 hours, to help my brothers. We were not asked, we just did.
We helped other EMT's who droped everything to help. And ran out of money trying to get to NYC.
Many people don't know that EMT's and  'Medics are poorly under paid.  We will risk everything to help someone else.
We helped all our Brothers in Emergency Services.
A crying Firefighter, was cared for. We could see the hulks of the EMS units whose crew would never be back.

I'm a retired NYC firefighter.

What NYC EMTs and medics get paid is a fucking sin.

Sanitation workers make more.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Former Paramedic, current RN.

I will never forget where I came from.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top