Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 8:54:07 AM EDT
I worked the swing shift at the time.  I got off work at 1am and went to bed.  I woke up to a call from my wife who was working as a nanny at the time.  I couldn't believe what I was being told on the phone.  Between me being woke up and the description that was coming across the phone my head was spinning.  I quickly came around the threw on some clothing and turned on the TV. I grab some firearms and tossed them in the car.  I drove over to my wife while listening on the radio.  When I arrived the second tower had been hit.  I remember holding my wife and trying to take in what was happening.  The day went very quickly as the rest of the events unfolded.  

That night we drove 55 miles South to a gun shop and bought an AR.  The gun counter was full of people buying guns and ammo and discussing the day.  People were angry, confused and frustrated by their inability to do anything.  After buying the gun we set out to find a place to eat and started seeing the long lines at the gas pump.  It was a surreal feeling that I will never forget.

God bless those who lost their lives on that day and their families who grieve for them.  God bless our troops and their families who have since made sacrifices unfathomable by some.  Finally God bless our great Country.  Bless us with leaders who understand those sacrifices made through out time for the freedom of America's citizens.  God, bring us back to thee.  Bring us back under thy hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top