Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 8:42:29 AM EDT
We say we will never forget and we will never let that happen again.  Yet when it comes down to it we go right back to the 9/10/01 mentality over and over again.  I will never forget and I will never forgive but I see way to many of my fellow countrymen, and I hesitate to use countrymen because most are not men or women at all they are useful idiots, turn on their backs and willingly submit to the ones that they should be standing and fighting.

We eagerly handed off our government to, what we all knew then, the most inexperienced, incompetent and irresponsible people in history. Now the president is kissing the ass of every dictator and Imam telling them how much we love and respect them.  He does not speak for me.

We are fighting in Afghanistan nearly a decade later with less to show for it than we got out of Iraq.  Now with the idiot in chief running the show it will surely be another failed democrat war.

We are watching our country being flushed down the drain and we are putting all of our hopes on a mid term election to shift the power in D.C. to our way of thinking.  This has never worked well in our favor and I don't think it will work this time either.  I have heard lots of tough talk about reform and restoration but I have hear nearly nothing on REPEAL.

We see things that make us think we are secure and we have given up liberties to feel better but we are no safer, we are actually less safe now. We have seen lots of progress in 2A rights in the last few years but that is only because those in charge are worried about the citizens rising up against them anymore.  They have their own private army ready and willing to rise up and crush everything you have.  All they have to do to raise this army is to blame you for the checks not coming this month.

We can't say anything against Islam because it is a peaceful religion yet the devout believers are the ones that have made this day a tragedy and you will be hard pressed to find a Muslim that thinks or will say that the acts of 9/11 were unjustified. We are in a war of ideologies and until we as a nation come to that conclusion we are doomed to failure.

We are headed down the road of destruction and every opportunity we have to stop and change directions we go the other way.  Should I have the right to burn a Quran? Damn right I should and I should not have to worry about the FBI showing up and sticking their nose in my business either.  Would I burn one? No, I don't see what purpose it would serve.  The book I read says to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek but for some reason that has become one of the most hated and discriminated religions in America.

I don't see a bright future for this country anymore, I don't think the next generation will have a better standard of living than the last and I don't think there is any real interest in fixing this country anymore.  As long as the strong can prey on the weak and the weak do not seek to be strong we will continue to circle the drain until we finally go down it.

Flame away but that is how I see it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree with you completely
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That does not make me feel better.

I would like for someone to point out where I am wrong.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny!

The scary thing is that we're worse off than the picture you paint above.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The scary thing is that we're worse off than the picture you paint above.

This
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]
who's gonna point out where you went wrong with this?????-not me––
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
who's gonna point out where you went wrong with this?????-not me––

Wow, I would have never thought I would have been the "Optimistic" one in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#7]
you are exactly right.......sadly

lock and load.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with you completely.

It makes me sick to my stomach that these hypocrite animals managed to make THEMSELVES seem like the victims this 9/11.  It is an absolute outrage and a sign of the United States' impending conquest.

Jesus help me, I'm so sick of this...    We are giving way before evil and lies.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree.  And "our" memory is getting shorter.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I agree. And "our" memory is getting shorter.

unfortunately, you are correct.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Just wait until they all have nukes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately you are not wrong, but most of our population does not want to admit this truth.

I am sure someone will be along shortly to tell you how peaceful Islam is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
The vast majority of Americans have not had to sacrifice for this war except for the heightened security. They have sacrificed and suffered for the economic fiasco.  Financial survival is #1, especially with the fighting being on the other side of the world.  Hard for folks to focus
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]

I don't think they can pull off the same type of attack on that scale again (aircraft that big), but I would not be surprised if they tried it again.

Next year will be the 10th Anniversary of the attacks. Perhaps they may attempt a number of far smaller, but numerous attacks. A few gunmen in several cities, a few bombs. They may be relatively pathetic attempts, but they would have a psychological effect at the least.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#15]
most people forgot after a couple years. Who cares about radical Islam when you have the jersey shore and shitty pop music.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:34:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Christianity is not the most hated religion in America.  

That is a perception of persecution, which is not a good trait.

Before you get upset, you did ask for criticism.

ETA:  I agree with what you said.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

We say we will never forget and we will never let that happen again.  Yet when it comes down to it we go right back to the 9/10/01 mentality over and over again.  I will never forget and I will never forgive but I see way to many of my fellow countrymen, and I hesitate to use countrymen because most are not men or women at all they are useful idiots, turn on their backs and willingly submit to the ones that they should be standing and fighting.

We eagerly handed off our government to, what we all knew then, the most inexperienced, incompetent and irresponsible people in history. Now the president is kissing the ass of every dictator and Imam telling them how much we love and respect them.  He does not speak for me.

We are fighting in Afghanistan nearly a decade later with less to show for it than we got out of Iraq.  Now with the idiot in chief running the show it will surely be another failed democrat war.

We are watching our country being flushed down the drain and we are putting all of our hopes on a mid term election to shift the power in D.C. to our way of thinking.  This has never worked well in our favor and I don't think it will work this time either.  I have heard lots of tough talk about reform and restoration but I have hear nearly nothing on REPEAL.

We see things that make us think we are secure and we have given up liberties to feel better but we are no safer, we are actually less safe now. We have seen lots of progress in 2A rights in the last few years but that is only because those in charge are worried about the citizens rising up against them anymore.  They have their own private army ready and willing to rise up and crush everything you have.  All they have to do to raise this army is to blame you for the checks not coming this month.

We can't say anything against Islam because it is a peaceful religion yet the devout believers are the ones that have made this day a tragedy and you will be hard pressed to find a Muslim that thinks or will say that the acts of 9/11 were unjustified. We are in a war of ideologies and until we as a nation come to that conclusion we are doomed to failure.

We are headed down the road of destruction and every opportunity we have to stop and change directions we go the other way.  Should I have the right to burn a Quran? Damn right I should and I should not have to worry about the FBI showing up and sticking their nose in my business either.  Would I burn one? No, I don't see what purpose it would serve.  The book I read says to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek but for some reason that has become one of the most hated and discriminated religions in America.

I don't see a bright future for this country anymore, I don't think the next generation will have a better standard of living than the last and I don't think there is any real interest in fixing this country anymore.  As long as the strong can prey on the weak and the weak do not seek to be strong we will continue to circle the drain until we finally go down it.

Flame away but that is how I see it.
I will wait till tomorrow

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#18]
"We" started to forget within a couple of weeks or so.

The libs started up their shit again within a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the things that my 58 years old whisky drinking bacon eating sorry ass is happy about is that I come from a short lived Irish family and I will not be here long enough to see everything get truly bad.

I just wish that I could have seen what COULD have been the Greatest Generation succeed.

I guess not.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Christianity is not the most hated religion in America.  

That is a perception of persecution, which is not a good trait.

Before you get upset, you did ask for criticism.

ETA:  I agree with what you said.

Would you care to share what you think the most hated religion is?

I don't necessarily mean by the populace when I say hated, but the perception projected by the media.  Christianity is portrayed as stodgy tea tottlers trying to ruin everyone's good time, that even how most of the anti-christian/anti-religious people on ARFCOM see it too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone want to give it a try?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I agree.  And "our" memory is getting shorter.

Unfortunately, "your" memory is getting shorter.  There are a few of us young ones that will never forget and will pass the memory on to our little ones.

OP, sadly, there is no where to disagree with your outlook on this country.  The other part that really bothers me, I no longer fear the day it collapses, but look forward to it....
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#23]

If you had said this in 2002, I would have never believed it...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#24]
you will be hard pressed to find a Muslim that thinks or will say that the acts of 9/11 were unjustified

How many have you asked?  I could probably go a across town to the islamic worship place in my town and find a whole bunch who think that way.  I live in a small town, they're members of my community, one is a relative''s doctor, I grew up with their children.  The actions of some extreme terrorists no more reflect their desires than fred phelps represents the typical christian.

When you say never forgive/forget, what are you hoping for as a realistic outcome?  Is there a conflict here that can truly be fought or even won? Be vigiliant and learn, sure.  But also be realistic.  Terrorism will always be possible.  Religious conviction is one of the most powerful motivators there is and its virtually impossible to crush.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Your on the right path, we will need "not want" another 9/11 to strike the nerve into the Americans who forgot. I really just hope I'm not alive to witness it
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#26]
NoHarmNoFAL, you're right, and I'd like to add.....

This is a struggle that goes back to when the Muslims first moved against the Byzantine Empire & later ended up taking over what is modern Spain, Portugal & a small sliver of France. And it was because of these encroachments that the Crusades happened.

And well, I think most people know the history that unfolded afterwords.

This is an old fight, and so long as Radical Muslims walk the earth, they will seek to kill all the infidels.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm only going to add to this thread that morale can always be expected to decline as fast as it has when a nation's military is performing a tough occupation in a distant land.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#28]
It won't hit home until people have to go without.

Period.

These calamities only effect a small percent of the population and in the case of 9/11 it killed quickly.

People typically need to struggle and suffer for awhile before a message really sets in.

Like having to pay for something the hard way and having it effect everything.  

Like a divourse, people who go through a divourse really have their world shaken.

Or a disease, after they go through something like that, they make changes.

9/11 was bad, traumatic but the message hasn't truly set in for most people.

They want to go back to pre-9/11, just like they want to go back to pre-2008 when the housing market was booming.

For the most part America is doing well, which is a good thing in a way, but the cancer is still there, and it is growing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#29]
The cycle of "Never Again"

Something happens and one day people say "never again" and then it happens again and again and one day again people say "never again"

Mass murder, terrorism, war, etc... it has always been happening and it will always continue to happen.

The best you or a people can do is do their best to make sure they are not on the receiving end of it again.

and what you said is right on, we are fucked.

People hear are appeasers, people here are suckers, people here settle for talk, popular do little or nothing candidates IF they pay attention at all.
and even though voting has helped us get to the place where we are, people think voting is going to fix it..
Repeal is mandatory, we need to repeal decades of backsliding and its unlikely because we are counting on politicians for that...

It is either politics that will actually get stuff done and repealed or its the end. or some other miraculous turn of events...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#30]
All civilizations reliably go through a cycle, always have.

Apathy, complacency and bondage are stages in the cycle.

Forgetting is human nature, and the consequences are predictable and inevitable.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you're right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:38:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
you will be hard pressed to find a Muslim that thinks or will say that the acts of 9/11 were unjustified

How many have you asked?  I could probably go a across town to the islamic worship place in my town and find a whole bunch who think that way.  I live in a small town, they're members of my community, one is a relative''s doctor, I grew up with their children.  The actions of some extreme terrorists no more reflect their desires than fred phelps represents the typical christian.

When you say never forgive/forget, what are you hoping for as a realistic outcome?  Is there a conflict here that can truly be fought or even won? Be vigiliant and learn, sure.  But also be realistic.  Terrorism will always be possible.  Religious conviction is one of the most powerful motivators there is and its virtually impossible to crush.

Quite a few unfortunately and as soon as the the conversation turns to "Well, American has done lots of bad things......"  I walk away and write them off to being terrorist sympathizers.  And there are A LOT more than you would think.  Also, many of them will tell you one thing and then go worship under an Imam who preaches Death to the USA.  So really, where to their loyalties lay?  Ohio, just short of Michigan has the second highest Muslim population in the US if IIRC so there are quite a few of them around here and in Columbus and Toledo in particular.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top