Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:33:16 PM EDT
So I took my kid brother to see Avenged Sevenfold tonight. They were actually really good. I didn't care much for the prior to this, but they played a pretty heavy set and I had a good time. Their stage was awesome! They had a background that rotated between a haunted castle with back lighting, the cover of Nightmare and a picture of Rev (their deceased drummer). The stage itself was a cemetery gate type setup with "brick" pillars and "brick" steps of the drum riser. There were flames shooting out of the drum riser and the pillars for the gates.

The smell of pot was thick, and the DPD didn't even bother trying to stop it. I guess they were just making sure there weren't any fights. There were a ton of freaks and only a handful of good looking women. But it was still a good time.

Mike Portnoy was awesome. I guess Dream Theater's tour with Iron Maiden must be over. We didn't stick around for Disturbed because I'm on call tonight and only had coverage until 11:00 and I had to take my brother all the way back to his place.

Good show though. If you like these guys then it'd be a good one to catch.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So I took my kid brother to see Avenged Sevenfold tonight. They were actually really good. I didn't care much for the prior to this, but they played a pretty heavy set and I had a good time. Their stage was awesome! They had a background that rotated between a haunted castle with back lighting, the cover of Nightmare and a picture of Rev (their deceased drummer). The stage itself was a cemetery gate type setup with "brick" pillars and "brick" steps of the drum riser. There were flames shooting out of the drum riser and the pillars for the gates.

The smell of pot was thick, and the DPD didn't even bother trying to stop it. I guess they were just making sure there weren't any fights. There were a ton of freaks and only a handful of good looking women. But it was still a good time.

Mike Portnoy was awesome. I guess Dream Theater's tour with Iron Maiden must be over. We didn't stick around for Disturbed because I'm on call tonight and only had coverage until 11:00 and I had to take my brother all the way back to his place.

Good show though. If you like these guys then it'd be a good one to catch.

sevenfold puts on a great show

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still fuckin' pissed at Portnoy.

Old A7X was good stuff.  The very first album and possibly the one after that.  I've hated everything since then.

They're apparently pretty conservative dudes though and they support the troops like none other.

How was Uproar?  Wife and I didn't get to go.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Old A7X was good stuff.  The very first album and possibly the one after that.  I've hated everything since then.

They're apparently pretty conservative dudes though and they support the troops like none other.

I had to work today, so we missed the crappy bands that played earlier in the day. We got there just in time for Stone Sour. They were decent, but I didn't run over and buy a T shirt. A7X was next, they rocked, and then Disturbed was up after them.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to work today, so we missed the crappy bands that played earlier in the day. We got there just in time for Stone Sour. They were decent, but I didn't run over and buy a T shirt. A7X was next, they rocked, and then Disturbed was up after them.

I would have loved to see Halestorm again but the rest of the openers are kinda

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you know that the lead guitarists dad is "Guitar Guy" that performs with Jeff (fuhfuh) Dunham?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top