Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 8:18:45 PM EDT
Watched it earlier, and the AK episode is the first time I've ever seen any of these survival type show people have to call in a rescue.  But I do understand it, AK is no joke!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Watched it earlier, and the AK episode is the first time I've ever seen any of these survival type show people have to call in a rescue.  But I do understand it, AK is not joke!  

I've seen Les call in a rescue as well.  

So far I like Man Woman Wild as well, since they aren't taking stupid risks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watched it earlier, and the AK episode is the first time I've ever seen any of these survival type show people have to call in a rescue.  But I do understand it, AK is no joke!  

Agreed, it was the smart/right thing to do...It just shows that if it was a real situation, they would have died.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watched it earlier, and the AK episode is the first time I've ever seen any of these survival type show people have to call in a rescue.  But I do understand it, AK is not joke!  

I am hoping for wardrobe malfunctions.

And I like the show, lets you know some of the inner workings of a family/relationship under stressful conditions.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#4]
saw one episode where they were in some desert, and the woman had heat exhaustion the the camera crew gave her a bottle of water
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
saw one episode where they were in some desert, and the woman had heat exhaustion the the camera crew gave her a bottle of water

Missed that one, I've only seen a few episodes.  I think it's a pretty good show, and realize they have to take precautions to protect the two.  She seems pretty damn tough from the episodes I've seen.  Plus...she's not hard on the eyes either!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the show and he was definately born to say the word "Hooch".
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While I appreciate your creative use of an emoticon...what is it referring to?  The show, a post about the show, you don't like girls?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the show thus far.  I don't watch Man vs Wild, because Fur Bear is too damn pretentious.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#10]
they need to show more titties on that show
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the show, but she shrieks at everything and won't STFU.

Good looking though. I'd hit it.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am hoping for wardrobe malfunctions.

And I like the show, lets you know some of the inner workings of a family/relationship under stressful conditions.

yes just the man and his woman.

and the sound guy.

.. and 3 camera men.

...and the director.

...and the catering crew.
its like man vs wild with a chubby english chick thrown in
and as for not taking stupid risks, every episode ive seen has her climbing saplings or doing other shit that should result in broken limbs which results in little more than her getting bitched at for taking stupid risks

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Les called it early in the desert

He also got picked up early in Labrador(?)
Ice condition went south and his crew called it for safety

So we have two Snow and Ice, boy its bad shows
Take food when you go north is what I see
And something to melt snow

Les was OK but weather condition where melting ice too fast and his back up crew was losing the ability to get to him

Man Woman Wild
Since one of the two is not an Expert
Just someone that might get stranded with you

Dual Survival is OK and they present alot of things that are useful
Has anyone else notice that when one shows something it shows up on the others
Steel wool and 9 V battery come to mind

I liked the one bit from MWW where he uses a piece of string with his hand drill

Bear makes me want to puke most of the time
I loved how he climbed up inside a building to eat pidgeon eggs
1 slip and splat but off he went
He is a good thing to watch so you can see that when surviving
Watch the others

Cool that guy watched bear
I'll have food soon

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Les called it early in the desert

He also got picked up early in Labrador(?)
Ice condition went south and his crew called it for safety

So we have two Snow and Ice, boy its bad shows
Take food when you go north is what I see
And something to melt snow

Les was OK but weather condition where melting ice too fast and his back up crew was losing the ability to get to him

Man Woman Wild
Since one of the two is not an Expert
Just someone that might get stranded with you

Dual Survival is OK and they present alot of things that are useful
Has anyone else notice that when one shows something it shows up on the others
Steel wool and 9 V battery come to mind

I liked the one bit from MWW where he uses a piece of string with his hand drill

Bear makes me want to puke most of the time
I loved how he climbed up inside a building to eat pidgeon eggs
1 slip and splat but off he went
He is a good thing to watch so you can see that when surviving
Watch the others

Cool that guy watched bear
I'll have food soon

Dual survival is good too, although I don't get why the hippy won't wear shoes.  It's proven more than once to be a hindrance...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dual survival is good too, although I don't get why the hippy won't wear shoes.  It's proven more than once to be a hindrance...

When they were in the swamp in Louisiana surrounded by water mocassins I'll bet he was wishing for boots.  He was scared that time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they were in the swamp in Louisiana surrounded by water mocassins I'll bet he was wishing for boots.  He was scared that time.

He's wished for boots on more than one occasion.  I don't get what he's trying to prove...even the indians wore moccasins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top