Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 7:34:05 PM EDT
My 65+y/o neighbor keeps making this disgusting horking gagging barfing noises, sounds like he's trying to hawk up a 5 pound loogie.

He's been doing it real loud for the past 5-10 minutes, I'm about to knock on his door to see if he's OK......

He's a real good alchoholic apartment neighbor to have otherwise, he drinks all day at the local lounge, I need to go visit him there sometime, he says he'll buy me a beer.

I've talked to him a few times, good guy, he's a Vietnam war Navy vet with PTSD.

But this is almost as bad as the time I thought he was having sex with a hooker, it turns out he was just sneezing real loud, a lot, but it sure sounded sexual.

I actually like this apt. building.

UPDATE: I actually saw him coming out of his apt. and he COUGHED UP HIS HEART IN FRONT OF ME!!! OMG!!! WHY DIDN'T I CHECK ON HIM SOONER?!?!?

NOT! He just sobered up and is heading out to the tavern. He says he has pneumonia, went to see the doctor this morning apperently. I'd guess he got antibiotics, but being the heartless ass I am, I didn't ask......

I'm sure he'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Turn the music up.

lol, J/K
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

My 65+y/o neighbor keeps making this disgusting horking gagging barfing noises, sounds like he's trying to hawk up a 5 pound loogie.

He's been doing it real loud for the past 5-10 minutes, I'm about to knock on his door to see if he's OK......

He's a real good alchoholic apartment neighbor to have otherwise, he drinks all day at the local lounge, I need to go visit him there sometime, he says he'll buy me a beer.

I've talked to him a few times, good guy, he's a Vietnam war Navy vet with PTSD.

But this is almost as bad as the time I thought he was having sex with a hooker, it turns out he was just sneezing real loud, a lot, but it sure sounded sexual.

You could always go see if he is alright instead of posting here.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But......But......that would make sense.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Already said I was about to.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a trap.   He is trying to get you to come to his aid, then BAM!!!!!!, human skin lamp shade.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask if you can borrow some butter and see what he offers up......
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
see if he has any milsurps and ask him if he would like to give them to a guy named surplusnut!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Already said I was about to.

Yes, you did, but look at it from our perspective, just reading it:

"Hey guys, my neighbor is making all this noise.  Sounds like he might be dying.  I thought I'd post about it then go over to check on him to see what was up."

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank God that I live in the country. I can't see my neighbors house from mine and I don't hear a peep out of them. I do hear their chickens crowing and their dog barking from time to time. I even shoot in my backyard, like today when I sighted in my MKII.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But......But......that would make sense.....

Ya, I guess I come from a different part of the country. I would be banging on the door asking if he needed help and if I didn't get an answer it would come down. THE MAN IS A WAR VET GET OFF YOUR ASS AND CHECK ON HIM.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Dry heaves
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope he doesn't die but that sounds nasty
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Those loud gagging/choking/barfing noises?  Don't sweat it -  he's just earning his beer money...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dry heaves

I hate those.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]

you must have some thin walls there in your Apt... I never can hear my neighbors.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Get your fucking ear off the wall.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Those loud gagging/choking/barfing noises?  Don't sweat it -  he's just earning his beer money...
That's nice to say about a vietnam vet. Wanna go to the pit bud? Have some fucking respect.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]
nvm
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
GO CHECK ON YOUR FUCKING NEIGHBOR.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
UPDATE: I actually saw him coming out of his apt. and he COUGHED UP HIS HEART IN FRONT OF ME!!! OMG!!! WHY DIDN'T I CHECK ON HIM SOONER?!?!?

NOT! He just sobered up and is heading out to the tavern. He says he has pneumonia, went to see the doctor this morning apperently. I'd guess he got antibiotics, but being the heartless ass I am, I didn't ask......

I swear, I wish I could show him this thread!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hopefully the SD dude sees this

Hell I think he was spooling up the turbine for an emergency midnight run to WA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't think he wants that especially if he's fucking.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#23]
It's hard to figure out who some of you are with no avatar. So I fixed that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#24]
COUGH...COUGH...COUGH...

BLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

Wait, what did you say?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If there is one thing i've learned from this site it is MYOB

contradictions
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dude, you rock! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell I think he was spooling up the turbine for an emergency midnight run to WA.
I see it sparky. Spend a day in the VA and ya might have a different opinion on the matter. I say again. have some fucking respect!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there is one thing i've learned from this site it is MYOB

contradictions

Checking on one's health, when he's making unnatural noises, and poking your nose into someone's shed are different matters entirely.

Fuck it, that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you rock! Thanks!

You're welcome.

You've always been good for a laugh.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I see it sparky. Spend a day in the VA and ya might have a different opinion on the matter. I say again. have some fucking respect!

It was just a joke, man.  I hear that even Vietnam vets tell them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Just spent 2 days with my FIL at the VA in Memphis sparky

Probably going to spend several more.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn, I just wanted to make people laugh........Chill out guys! You're making me feel down about the VA. Anytime I've been there, older vets were pretty talkative and uplifting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You work at the VA?  Or am I misinterpreting something.

Also I read in the thread about how your in a different part of the country and how you'd go check,  same here, I like my neighbors alive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Damn, I just wanted to make people laugh........Chill out guys! You're making me feel down about the VA. Anytime I've been there, older vets were pretty talkative and uplifting.

I aplologize for my part of the hijack (I did see the humor in your post)

I'm out of it now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I aplologize for my part of the hijack (I did see the humor in your post)

I'm out of it now.

It happens. No worries.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You work at the VA?  Or am I misinterpreting something.

Also I read in the thread about how your in a different part of the country and how you'd go check,  same here, I like my neighbors alive.
Nope I don't work there. I have been going there off and on on for 20 years for the old man who is a vietnam vet. I've met a lot of interesting and good people over those years there. If you start to understand those old boys you'll understand why a lot of them drink themselves to death and why I defend them fiercely. If the ones here cracking jokes were forced to go to a far off land and kill in the name of freedom and then be tossed back into society while being spat upon and shunned by their peers they may have a different prespective about their vietnam vets.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Maybe somebody sent him a link to the thread about that thing on your tongue, and he just got to the page with the pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top