Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 11:21:26 PM EDT
I seem to be running into good deals lately on firearms and I cant seem to stop buying them either. They just seem to jump at me, its so hard to pass up good deals.
So how am I doing so far?
-NIB Rem 700 ADL synthetic .243 $270 out the door
-Remington 870 18" Express, $150. Guy at work sole it to me. only shot it once. It had no marks at all
-NIB Marlin 882SS 22 mag with 4000 rounds. $250

and now I just am getting a NIB Marlin 1895G/45-70. $360 out the door.
All these prices ar in Cali no less with these damn taxes the DROS fee. I love it. I cant stop
Should I relax on buying, coz theres other things I could do with that money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, as long as the cash holds out, why would you want to stop?  Looks like you're doing pretty good so far.  If it's a money prob, pick them up and pass the savings on to your friends.  Maybe even make a buck or two on some of them.  Wish I could find deals like that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant stop buying! its horrible, Ive even got one of my credit cards maxed out! there is this pawn shop I go to that has great deals, this guy has no idea what guns are worth, I picked up a preban cobray m12 with lots of accessories for $200, I also bought a intratec ab-10 for $100 NIB, Im just waiting to find a preban AR for $500 from him.  Ive found that pawn shops are the best places to find good deals on guns (usually everything is overpriced) but preban stuff is usually fairly cheap, these guys are just uneducated about preban value. anyway ive rambled too much,  KEEP BUYING!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Should I relax on buying, coz theres other things I could do with that money.
View Quote

I know what you mean.  I really need to upgrade this computer that I use all day every day, but in the past two months I bought pistols that I'll pull out of the safe maybe three of four times this year.  Ugh.  Sportsmen Supply in San Jose had M1As for 1500 bucks and it was all I could do to keep myself from getting one.  Just got to take deep breaths and say, "I won't buy one today."  Oh well, at least my pistol buying days are coming to an end after this year due to the new licensing scheme.  

Any thing under three hundred bucks is a gimme though.  Hope the good luck keeps coming. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm jealious of your 45/70 deal!!I just bought a ruger #1 stainless with laminated stock 45/70 and was 668.00 before taxes!   Lucky you!   And with that one i am now checking into gunnaholics .com   No more for me.  Untill the next one!!!  help..   bob cole
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep on buying.  It makes it easier to justify MY purchases [;)].

Dad: Ikari, why did you have to buy another gun?
Me: Oh come on, Dad.  S_B bought FOUR in the time that I bought just ONE.

(BTW: S_B is dating my sister)

Keep up the good work, man!

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep on buying. Apparently your not married, Or you have a NICE wifey like mine. I would consider those buys investments.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Ikari: Dont go blameing your purchases on me, thats all I need is toget deeper into trouble from your parents. I had nothing to do with anything of yours.
They already dont like me for buying your sister a rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top