Nitecore EZ 123 with a swivel magnet I made
Nitecore EX10
Nitecore D10
Nitecore Defender Infinity
Nitecore Extreme Infinity
RA clicky executive
Surefire L1 Lumax (older)
Up front is a Zebra headlamp.

Sound off if you are a light addict. This is just my single cell lights. I don't have as many multiple battery lights, but its growing by the month!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I was nuts for having 3.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
So which is the best bang for the buck?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So which is the best bang for the buck?

Is it weird if that is a very hard question to answer. I would have to say the Fenix P2D (pd20 now), Fenix LD10, or the Quark AA regular.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Kind of a wierd fetish....but I guess if thats your thing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kind of a wierd fetish....but I guess if thats your thing.

I could spend it on alcohol and cigarettes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I like flashlights too. But you have me beat.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a D-Cell Kel-Light from the early 70s.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#9]
kindred spirit.........I am a junkie
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Surefire 6P with Combat Ring, Surefire G2, Surefire E2E (1st Gen), Surefire E1B Backup, Ra Clicky, Surefire E1E, Fenix P20D.  Not pictured, and my EDC a 4Sevens 123 Tactical (no clip).
Man, my wife and coworkers gives me shit about my flashlight "hobby", but compared to you, I'm a rank amateur!
I have a couple additions since this pic was taken, but my digital camera is at work this weekend.  This is the best I can do for now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

kindred spirit.........I am a junkie

+1

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a251/MikeSlisher/DSCN3819.jpg
Surefire 6P with Combat Ring, Surefire G2, Surefire E2E (1st Gen), Surefire E1B Backup, Ra Clicky, Surefire E1E, Fenix P20D.  Not pictured, and my EDC a 4Sevens 123 Tactical (no clip).
Man, my wife and coworkers gives me shit about my flashlight "hobby", but compared to you, I'm a rank amateur!
I have a couple additions since this pic was taken, but my digital camera is at work this weekend.  This is the best I can do for now.

You may have noticed this is my single cell collection. I have almost double that if you include all my multi-cell lights.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya know, not to be an enabler or encourage the disease but I got an email from LAPG today with what appeared to be some heavy closeouts on surefires.

I'm not a surefire guy so I don't know how the prices rate, just thought I'd mention it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
How many batteries do you keep in stock?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Place holder for a pic of my collection.  Need to take a pic tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The only single-cell light I have would be an Inova X1.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I for one, have a lot of high mAh rechargeables and good chargers.

This way I usually have a set in rotation. AA, AAA, CR123, etc.

I don't really bother with the D cell lights, as they seem to have a good shelf life.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The Maratac AAA is hands down my favorite single cell flashlight.

Probably my favorite light period. Just so handy, and easy one hand operation.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I have had the same 6P for 12 years
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Maratac AAA is hands down my favorite single cell flashlight.

Probably my favorite light period. Just so handy, and easy one hand operation.

You try the  Quark Preon Revo and that will change quickly. The threads are brass and smooth as silk. The head  to body thread mating is very, very close, so the head does not rock or wiggle. The machining is head and shoulders above the maratac or Itp.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Just think all that money stuffed into high end flaslings coulda bought some decent hight vision.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I keep a few dozen 123's in stock. I keep eneloops or duraloops for the AA lights. I have three 14500 lithium ions for my AA lights that can handle the voltage. Most of these lights will run for months of EDC on one battery.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Just think all that money stuffed into high end flaslings coulda bought some decent hight vision.

and maybe some spell check for you.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But I don't collect night vision....

I have around $1100 in this picture. The night vision I want is a PVS14. That costs about $4000.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a D-Cell Kel-Light from the early 70s.

i have a 5 C-cell kel-lite.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/batmanacw/gear/Picture118.jpg

left to right:
Jetbeam E3S
River Rock AA from target
Streamlight Microstream
Maratac
Muyshondt
Quark Mini CR2 titanium
Quark Revo
Quark AA Regular
Fenix E01
Fenix L0D
Fenix LD01
Fenix P2D
Fenix P1D
Fenix LD10
Nitecore EZ CR2
Nitecore EX10
Nitecore D10
RA clicky executive

Sound off if you are a light addict. This is just my single cell lights. I don't have as many multiple battery lights, but its growing by the month!

local dealer has the quark aa titanium. wants 150 for it. is the titanium case worth the price?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

left to right:
Jetbeam E3S
Streamlight Microstream
Maratac
Muyshondt
Quark Mini CR2 titanium
Quark Revo
Quark AA Regular
Fenix E01
Fenix L0D
Fenix LD01
Fenix P2D
Fenix P1D
Fenix LD10
Nitecore EZ CR2
Nitecore EX10
Nitecore D10
RA clicky executive

local dealer has the quark aa titanium. wants 150 for it. is the titanium case worth the price?

I don't consider it worth the money for the most part. I only have one titanium light and that was just for the hell of it. I actually like aluminum just fine and its a hell of a lot less money. I would buy 3 aluminum Quarks for the same money.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

and maybe some spell check for you.

Haha yeah didn't proofread that one.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Sweetness! I use threads like this to help me decide my next purchase. Between the surefires and a couple fenix lights I have 13 total and I am always looking. The EE and GD here sent me down this sick and wrong path.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

left to right:
Jetbeam E3S
Streamlight Microstream
Maratac
Muyshondt
Quark Mini CR2 titanium
Quark Revo
Quark AA Regular
Fenix E01
Fenix L0D
Fenix LD01
Fenix P2D
Fenix P1D
Fenix LD10
Nitecore EZ CR2
Nitecore EX10
Nitecore D10
RA clicky executive

I don't consider it worth the money for the most part. I only have one titanium light and that was just for the hell of it. I actually like aluminum just fine and its a hell of a lot less money. I would buy 3 aluminum Quarks for the same money.

the titanium certainly looked nice, but if it going to suffer the same magnitude of dents and scratches as an aluminum cased light, then i'll look at those instead.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I don't collect night vision....

I have around $1100 in this picture. The night vision I want is a PVS14. That costs about $4000.

Well shit,  just imagine how cool your NV collections going to be when you start that.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I definitely need a good quality light.

There are so many, I'm intimidated by all the research I'm gonna have to go through to select one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ya know, not to be an enabler or encourage the disease but I got an email from LAPG today with what appeared to be some heavy closeouts on surefires.

I'm not a surefire guy so I don't know how the prices rate, just thought I'd mention it.

Jerk.  I just cannot quite spend $250 right now on crap from LAPG.  Dangit . . . wanted that flashlight for a long time now . . .
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

left to right:
Jetbeam E3S
Streamlight Microstream
Maratac
Muyshondt
Quark Mini CR2 titanium
Quark Revo
Quark AA Regular
Fenix E01
Fenix L0D
Fenix LD01
Fenix P2D
Fenix P1D
Fenix LD10
Nitecore EZ CR2
Nitecore EX10
Nitecore D10
RA clicky executive

the titanium certainly looked nice, but if it going to suffer the same magnitude of dents and scratches as an aluminum cased light, then i'll look at those instead.

The anodizing of the aluminum is actually much harder than the surface of the raw titanium. A polished titanium scratches up easily with keys. You will chip up and wear on anodizing as well. The anodizing is a layer of aluminum oxide that is very hard, but thin. I think the anodized aluminum lights look nicer longer. The titanium is much tougher to bend or dent significantly.

The Fenix L0D and LD01 in the picture have the most pocket wear of any of them because they rattle against my keys.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I picked up this little Nebo CSI Edge 35 today for less than $7.00 complete with a Duracell AA battery. It's actually pretty impressive for the price.

From their website:

Specifications

Output – 35 lumens

Length – 3.75”

Diameter – .75”

Weight – 0.179 lbs.

Batteries – 1 AA battery (included)

Description

The CSI EDGE 35 is a compact high-intensity tactical flashlight. Constructed of anodized aircraft grade aluminum, The EDGE outputs 35 lumens with 1 powerful LED. The water-resistant body design also features a steel clip to keep this flashlight handy, or gives you the ability to use as a cap-light for convenient hands-free lighting. The glow-in-the-dark button is positioned in the back so that you can keep constant control of the flashlight while activating the button. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, The EDGE shows off its touch side with the aggressive self-defense face. CSI EDGE…Small never looked so mean!

Features

• One high power LED bulb outputs 35 lumens of light (bulbs rated for 110,000+ hours of life)

• Anodized aircraft grade aluminum water-resistant compact body design

• Aggressive self-defense face

• Steel clip

• Rear glow-in-the-dark button

• Rubber grip for non-slip grip and comfort

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Sell 2 or 3 and get yourself and monitor made in the last 10 years.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may have noticed this is my single cell collection. I have almost double that if you include all my multi-cell lights.

Yeah, I noticed that.  I don't have the time / inclination / money (the real cause) to pick up that number of lights.  Hell, my wife would kill me if she knew what I've actually spent on flashlights as it is!  I'd LOVE to have as many as you do!  Nice collection.  Some time you need to show a pic of your ENTIRE collection so we can all be jealous!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sell 2 or 3 and get yourself and monitor made in the last 10 years.

For a 10 year old desktop that I keep around so my mom can get on the internet? I am just waiting for it to die.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I noticed that.  I don't have the time / inclination / money (the real cause) to pick up that number of lights.  Hell, my wife would kill me if she knew what I've actually spent on flashlights as it is!  I'd LOVE to have as many as you do!  Nice collection.  Some time you need to show a pic of your ENTIRE collection so we can all be jealous!

Hell, it took 4 sets of pictures before I had all my lights together. I kept taking pictures, then realizing I forgot a couple, then taking more before I finally got them all......I think. I don't keep them in one place. They are scattered throughout my luggage, packs, and vehicles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#40]
My personal choice is a Novatac T120.  Single cell CR123 and 120 lumen output in a very small package.  Works for me

120T Novatac

Indy
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm diggin the nightcore ones the most I think, whats one of those go for??

Dads birthday is real soon and hes constantly bitching about not having enough light.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm diggin the nightcore ones the most I think, whats one of those go for??

Dads birthday is real soon and hes constantly bitching about not having enough light.

I just bought the Jetbeam from Light Junction. I have never dealt with them before and no complaints. The prices vary greatly for the different operating systems. Between $40 and $100.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#43]
The produers of "Hoarders" will be knocking on your door soon.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:37:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Did you make yourself a little vest with loop holders so you can carry all of them at once, just in case?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did you make yourself a little vest with loop holders so you can carry all of them at once, just in case?  

If I turned them on all at the same time I might get some lift!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I have a Surefire E2E on my rifle and a Surefire E1B as my EDC light.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm showing this to the wife to prove that I am not the only one with the disorder.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Tag for later !
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#49]
I have been looking at the Fenix LD10.  How do you like it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Shit-somebody that has more flashlights than me.  

And I thought I was bad........

Most all of mine are mini Maglites (single AAA cell and 2-AA cell)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top