Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 5:25:58 PM EDT
After years spent living in town I finally got the fuck out.

I was tired of the traffic, the noise, the people, the tourists...

Now I'm up in the hills, at the end of a private gated road, from which I can't even see my neighbors. The only sounds are the birds and squirrels fighting each other and the occasional chain saw off in the distance.

The dirt road that leads here is full of tree roots and ruts and would be a challenge to negotiate without a 4x4. Just the way I like it.

Here's the view from the back deck-

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I love your view...but I also love living in my small town...I lived in the country for years...Its fun to live near the post office and the chinese place.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I love your view...but I also love living in my small town...I lived in the country for years...Its fun to live near the post office and the chinese place.

I'm not that far out of town, only about 15 minutes from the best chinese food in the county.

But the difference between here and 10 miles away is night and day. The zombies may still find the place, but at least I could set up some trip flares and punji pits without the neighbors noticing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]

sweet

you might want to put up a fence up along the ridge line though, wouldn't want to take a tumble over while intoxicated.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

sweet

you might want to put up a fence up along the ridge line though, wouldn't want to take a tumble over while intoxicated.  

I won't be going out there on accident, it's damn steep.

Also, not sure if the picture shows it, but about 15' in from that tree line it's pitch black. Those woods are thick and even during daylight the canopy blocks out almost all the sunlight.

It will make for a nice mini-expedition one of these weekends- exploring the back 40. It's deer, boar and mountain lion country.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top