Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 12:50:39 PM EDT
Honest question.
Team Obama has been, at the LEAST, "brow beating" his opponents and making public remarks against the uprising of an intelligent America.
Who was the last president to actually do this kind of thing?
I would think that FDR, Teddy and Woodrow PROBABLY did this as well, but who in OUR lifetime has done this?

TYRANNY

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
In my 62 years I don't remember any.

However, I do remember at least one Democrat president from my lifetime that does deserve an honorable mention.

When LBJ realized he no longer had the support of the Congress and the people he declined to run again.

Our current president should bow out like that when 2012 rolls around.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
No opinion, but kudos for the correct spelling of populace.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to agree that in 60 years I know of NO POTUS that used guilt, bullying, or Victimhood  or beat their chest with Collective Salvation to get the American people
to do as they wished,,

there have been a few that may have made people disappear...but NOT From the Bully pulpit of the WHITE HOUSE...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Honest question.

Team Obama has been, at the LEAST, "brow beating" his opponents and making public remarks against the uprising of an intelligent America.

Who was the last president to actually do this kind of thing?

I would think that FDR, Teddy and Woodrow PROBABLY did this as well, but who in OUR lifetime has done this?

BJ Billy & Crew.... 'Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy', et-al...

And I highly doubt that Teddy Roosevelt or Wilson had any need to 'bully' anyone.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Bush.  They all do it.  Just becuase you like it when your guy does it doesnt mean it doesnt happen...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In my 62 years I don't remember any.

However, I do remember at least one Democrat president from my lifetime that does deserve an honorable mention.

When LBJ realized he no longer had the support of the Congress and the people he declined to run again.

Our current president should bow out like that when 2012 rolls around.

Why, so all the assholes vote for Hillary instead and make it a race?

I want Barry Hussain to run again & get blown out like Carter did.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Pol Pot comes to mind
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I like your subliminal message
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bush.  They all do it.  Just becuase you like it when your guy does it doesnt mean it doesnt happen...

How did Bush bully the populace?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Klinton, for sure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did Bush bully the populace?

He didn't.

However, according to liberals and some libertarians, his supporters did...

And they blame W himself, for the fact that many of us considered it unpatriotic to be anti-war, compared them to Jane Fonda, questioned their manhood, et-al...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Lincoln was in for the beat-down.  He threw all kinds of important people in prison.  Surely Lincoln was the most unconstitutional president, followed closely by FDR and The First Fuck Stain.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

When did Bush brow-beat more than half of America for anything?
Quoted:

Thank you!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Lincoln was in for the beat-down.  He threw all kinds of important people in prison.  Surely Lincoln was the most unconstitutional president

What Lincoln did was entirely Constitutional.
Habeus Corpus was suspended by Congress the next time they were in session, as is allowed during time of insurrection.
There is some debate as to weather the 1861 actions in response to the Maryland riot were legitimate, however everyone involved was released shortly afterward, and nothing ever became of it due to this...

The South had already shat all over the Constitution by responding to electoral defeat with secession & treason... The only reason the document survived as the basis for this nation, is what Lincoln did.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When did Bush brow-beat more than half of America for anything?

Quoted:

Thank you!

He didn't. He was a bigger man than that...and no, I'm not A Bush cheerleader.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm 64. No others in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top