Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:49:06 AM EDT
i've noticed alot of droid threads here lately, my contract is up with sprint (thank god) and my days of no service are over, i'm goin tomorrow to get a Droid and figured i'd see what you guys thought, i've got it narrowed down to either the Droid Incredible or the Droid 2, not sure if i want the keyboard or not, and the Droid X is way to big i'm not even considering it, what say you ARFcom? keyboard or no keyboard?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I went with the LG Ally.  Smaller and has the same features otherwise.

I like it a lot better than my roommate's Droid 1.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
droid 2.

the incredible is like 9 months old at this point.  the 2 just came out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm still happy with my release droid.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Recently got the Verison Droidx. Much better than the Storm
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]
i didn't realize the incredible was so old, i thought it was fairly new, looks like the droid2 has alot longer useage and standby time....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Surfing from my droid 2 now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

can you use it as a wifi hotspot? i'm kinda unclear on this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my Droid 1.

Therefore, I vote for you to get a Droid 2.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Recently got the Verison Droidx. Much better than the Storm

You too, huh?  Another Storm convert here.  

Love my Droid X.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

can you use it as a wifi hotspot? i'm kinda unclear on this?

You can use as a hot spot,  never tried and not sure if you get charged. Pda net works.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i didn't realize the incredible was so old, i thought it was fairly new, looks like the droid2 has alot longer useage and standby time....

Supply issues.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got a Droid X a couple weeks ago.

Before I made a decision, I tried three Droid 2s, three Droid Xs, and my friend's original Droid. All three Droid Xs seemed great, my friend's original Droid seemed great, and all three Droid 2s that I tried sucked. They didn't seem to be running smooth, and the screen seemed to be waaayyyy too touchy or something. When navigating maps with them, it was just about impossible to make it do what I wanted them to do.

I know some Droid 2 owners will dispute this. I'm just telling you my experience.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Funny how you said you're glad Sprint contact is up.  I'm a Sprint customer of ~1.5 years and recently went from a Katana 2 flip phone to an EVO 4G $99.99/Everything plan and I couldn't be happier.  I just added an extra line + Samsung EPIC for my fiancee.

Sprint's plans blow everything else away.

Verizon has the best line of phones, but Sprint has the best pricing and value for the features available on their 4G platform.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Funny how you said you're glad Sprint contact is up.  I'm a Sprint customer of ~1.5 years and recently went from a Katana 2 flip phone to an EVO 4G $99.99/Everything plan and I couldn't be happier.  I just added an extra line + Samsung EPIC for my fiancee.

Verizon has the best line of phones, but Sprint has the best pricing and value for the features available on their 4G platform.

And their coverage is a damn joke.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And their coverage is a damn joke.

^this i can literally sit in my apt. have service 2ft to my right and zero service where i sit, phone has no service where i work weather it be inside or even in the parking lot so it's pretty much useless to me considering these are the 2 places i spend the most time, my buddy has a evo 4g and he really likes it but that's just too big for me which is why the droid X is also out of the picture
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#16]
researching now also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yexYJDzUKng&p=B6B654234A2EB8B2&playnext=1&index=6 I noticed that on paper they same great. While watching a few videos, the droid screen seems a bit choppy, a bit less responsive, and the camera on the x doesn't look as good. Needs more pixels.

Still researching but considering the iphone 4 as a viable option now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
any other last min. opinions?!?!?!? headed to the store tomorrow mourning
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
any other last min. opinions?!?!?!? headed to the store tomorrow mourning

Droid X. Droid 2 if you need a hardware keyboard.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm still happy with my release droid.

I'm getting my 3rd one Tuesday
this new one  fucks up at ALL I am getting a X or a 2 Im tired of these non functional , buggy, locking up piece of shit

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top