Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 9:40:42 AM EDT
Like others here I am just astounded at how away from a teleprompter and prepared remarks that his thinking just locks up. The written MSM is reportingt his statement from his news conference re: the tanking economy:

"For all the progress we've made, we're not there yet. And that means the people are frustrated and that means people are angry."

IF they had quoted it accurately it was actually:

"For. all. the. progress. we've. made., we're. not. there. yet. And. that. means. the. people. are. frustrated. and. that. means. people. are. angry."

When I heard him all I could think of was Shatner as Kirk "But. Spock. we. must. set. the. self. destruct."

Mr Eloquence he is not.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone set the teleprompter to "kenyan" speed

(reading speed, not running speed)

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should say that, because that is EXACTLY how he is quoted on Drudge! It's right on the front page... too funny!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Funny you should say that, because that is EXACTLY how he is quoted on Drudge! It's right on the front page... too funny!

LOL- well off the teleprompter his whole Q&A session was like that
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link to speech anyone?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Notice how he's wearing his gray hair/haggard look today?

A week from now when he addresses the school kids, he will be all young and hip looking!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link to speech anyone?

"hello, crapcrapcrapbushbushbushlielieliemememecrapcrapcrap, thank you"

Summarized...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't like to speak in public.  It's rare that I have to.    But in the few times I've done it,  I have found that if I'm reading from prepared

remarks, it goes OK.  But if I only work off a few notes to guide me and simply compose the rest "on the fly",  I can really lay it down and

make my point in a big way.    Inevitably I pick up more points to hit while I'm improvising than I would ever remember to cover while writing

down a few notes before hand.   This kind of makes it difficult for me in a way because I want to explore every diversion my mind comes up

with,  which can lead to a rambling speech.    I have to control my impulses to chase those branches and stay close to the topic.

I'm kind of the reverse of the Empty Suit in that respect.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't like to speak in public.  It's rare that I have to.    But in the few times I've done it,  I have found that if I'm reading from prepared

remarks, it goes OK.  But if I only work off a few notes to guide me and simply compose the rest "on the fly",  I can really lay it down and

make my point in a big way.    Inevitably I pick up more points to hit while I'm improvising than I would ever remember to cover while writing

down a few notes before hand.   This kind of makes it difficult for me in a way because I want to explore every diversion my mind comes up

with,  which can lead to a rambling speech.    I have to control my impulses to chase those branches and stay close to the topic.

Also he publicly speaks all the time, so he should be good at it, not retarded.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
that's 'cause both of them learned to get their lines from a gigantic cue card!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Link to speech anyone?

+1. Some one said this shitstain cross of karl marx and muhamadub the black liberation camel herder said he is going to "celebrate" 9/11 tomorrow. I think I heard it too but it would be nice to watch him step on his dick again.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
What a horrible thing to say.

Shatner isn't that bad.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Teleprompter fail –– I think this guy has to use a teleprompter when he's on the can so he'll know when to wipe....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm the same way. Speaking on the fly is not an issue at all but I can get too into it and may end up on seque after segue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Goodness, I saw that tool drone and I mean drone on and on this morning. Sadly I was in a waiting room at the Dr's office wanting on Mom and had to endure it. I sort of blanked him out after about 15 min. as I had brought a good book with me. About all I could get out of it when I was paying attention was it was W's fault.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Goodness, I saw that tool drone and I mean drone on and on this morning. Sadly I was in a waiting room at the Dr's office wanting on Mom and had to endure it. I sort of blanked him out after about 15 min. as I had brought a good book with me. About all I could get out of it when I was paying attention was it was W's fault.

This is why i sometimes carry my tiny little auto-scanning universal remote with me, in case some crap is on TV in a restaurant, office, whatever.

Just hold the mute button and it starts scanning, let off when it mutes the TV (found the right code)

Then you can turn it up/down/off or change channel (doesn't work so well with a satellite/cable box)

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
"My....wifes at.............the bottom of the pool! I cant...........get to herrrr."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top