Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 7:17:19 AM EDT
We decided to spend the weekend in NYC....lots of hate for NYC, but from a history standpoint you can't beat it.  Also I had Delta Dollars and Hilton Honor points so the flight and hotel were free.  

View from the hotel room...the Empire State Building was just to the left of this view...could not get the camera out of the small opening in the window.

Walking into Time Square

Time Square Sights

Good from a far, far from Good

The Black Jesus Crusade.....

Empire State Building

Wooden Escalators at Macys

Coming to your city....and no he is not throwing up

New York's Bravest

Traffic everywhere...

Maximizing City Space

$40 Breakfast

Abe Lincoln

Across the Hudson looking at NJ

Slow progress on Ground Zero

Wall St

George

Staten Is Ferry

Looking back on the city....The WTC are missed

The Statue of Liberty

Original torch..

Ellis Island...amazing place...we could have spent hours here...

WWII Monuments

Empire State Building and Chrysler Building...Taken from the Brooklyn Bridge

Another $40 Brunch

Grand Central Station

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Great pics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Great pics.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Is that Gary Busey on the ad in the upper right?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
very nice pics.  I have never been, but planning to go soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to be a PIA. NYPD is the Finest. FDNY is the Bravest.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice pics.. why are all of your meals $40 ?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
great stuff!

but where the heck are you eating for $40 breakfast? you can find better in mom and pop joints for between $5 and $10. I grew up there and a person could eat great food the whole day on $40.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome pics. I was scared shitless the only time I was ever in lower Manhattan. Too busy for this bumpkin.

I also wish I had more time at Ellis Island, I loved visiting there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#9]
New York's Finest

FDNY is New York's Bravest

NYPD is New York's Finest

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Next time you come up, visit upstate during the fall!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Makes me miss NY a little bit...but then I think about it, and I am over it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that Gary Busey on the ad in the upper right?

http://luckiedog.smugmug.com/Other/NYC/IMG1660/1001312042_R2NLe-L.jpg

Thats Norman Tugwater
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

great stuff!

but where the heck are you eating for $40 breakfast? you can find better in mom and pop joints for between $5 and $10. I grew up there and a person could eat great food the whole day on $40.

Here are the names...After you order 2 meals at $13...add OJ at $6 and Coffee at $4.50 and then throw in a tip you have a $40 brunch.    

1st place...Friend of a Farmer 77 Irving St

2nd place...Sarabeths at 40 Central Park South

We waited one hour for some pizza at Grimaldis in Brookyln....I was so hungry I did not pull my camera out to take a pic...but it was worth the wait.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

New York's Finest

http://luckiedog.smugmug.com/Other/NYC/IMG1737/1001289816_UFXXe-L.jpg

FDNY is New York's Bravest

NYPD is New York's Finest

Thanks for the clarification

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Next time you come up, visit upstate during the fall!

Yes both my wife and I love the upstate...we both have spent a lot of time around the Lake Placid and Lake Saranac areas...love it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Great Pics OP. Everyone should visit NYC at least once in their lives. It's an awsome place.

To live there? Now that's another story.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#17]
When did The Naked Cowboy get the meth'd up hooker conversion?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool photos.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Man you get around.....
Great pics and glad you had a good time.

When I go to work there (NYC) I'm in all the shitty non-touristy places.  For instance I've inspected all the track from GCT/42nd all the way out the
ladders into Harlem. It was cool for a day, then you realize that your underground in tunnels all night. Same for the old Yankee stadium demo.
Cool for a day but it's just another dirty demo site.  Ground zero was horrible, as were all the buildings around it. I was "red badged" 2 days after 9/11 and spent far to much time there.  It really is a beautiful city but if I never had to set foot inside it again I would be a happy man.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Great pics. Went in May for the 5 boroughs ride. Wife and kids hit the new high line park (old elevated rail line that is now a park) and that was great according to them. It's in Chelsea I believe.

Coney Island is a good trip and other tours of Brooklyn are good also. I still haven't been to Prospect Park which was designed by the same guy who designed Central Park (Olmstead). Also, the museums are great in NYC.

Big Apple, too bad it's run by nanny staters.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Man you get around.....

Great pics and glad you had a good time.

When I go to work there (NYC) I'm in all the shitty non-touristy places.  For instance I've inspected all the track from GCT/42nd all the way out the

ladders into Harlem. It was cool for a day, then you realize that your underground in tunnels all night. Same for the old Yankee stadium demo.

Cool for a day but it's just another dirty demo site.  Ground zero was horrible, as were all the buildings around it. I was "red badged" 2 days after 9/11 and spent far to much time there.  It really is a beautiful city but if I never had to set foot inside it again I would be a happy man.

Yea we like to walk.....In 3 days we only used 1 bus...Laguardia to the city.   2 cabs....1 to Brooklyn and 1 back to the airport.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Cool pics, I just can't stand being around tons of people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top