Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:18 AM EDT

There is an annual contest at the University of Arkansas calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary  term.

This year's term was:

"Political Correctness."

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream  media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end. "

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a member's sig line... and has been for a long time, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it, and I stole it to be my sig on emails.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That is pretty good.

I was going to say that political correctness was the application of diplomatic behaviors long after diplomacy has failed.

I like the quote you posted even more.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If they say it is Politically Correct, it is Factually Incorrect.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Years ago it was much shorter I think.

Something like: "Political correctness is the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's a member's sig line... and has been for a long time, IIRC.

Meh...just for a few years.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top