Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:06:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
So, what? You're supposed to hand your firearm over to the guy standing in line behind you before you go in and get it back when you leave?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I see ND's in the future....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Just let fly against the nearest tree, instead.  See how they like that.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a real lack of common sense going on over there. THey are going to force people to handle , clear and reload their firearms over an over at a public venue? Just to take a piss?  Somone is gonna wind up getting shot by an ND
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Can they not have Porta-John's there?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sounds like a real lack of common sense going on over there. THey are going to force people to handle , clear and reload their firearms over an over at a public venue? Just to take a piss? Somone is gonna wind up getting shot by an ND

If this is in Wisconsin, they lack a whole lot of common sense. They are 1 of only 2 states that deny CCW.

There will either be a lot of NDs, draw downs by police because someone unholstered their weapon, or a lot of pissing in public.
Quoted:

They don't want them because of possible vandalism or because they might get tipped over during the night.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Not a problem........I bet they would rethink the ordinance if everyone was "issued" one of these.......

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Ohio had the same sort of problem at one time, where a similarly worded law regarding buildings owned by state, inadvertently ended up making it illegal to carry inside at a rest area - one of THE places you'd really like to carry.

The law was eventually amended to correct this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like a real lack of common sense going on over there. THey are going to force people to handle , clear and reload their firearms over an over at a public venue? Just to take a piss? Somone is gonna wind up getting shot by an ND

If this is in Wisconsin, they lack a whole lot of common sense. They are 1 of only 2 states that deny CCW.

There will either be a lot of NDs, draw downs by police because someone unholstered their weapon, or a lot of pissing in public.

Quoted:

They don't want them because of possible vandalism or because they might get tipped over during the night.

There have been other OC events with similar restrictions and not one ND yet.

That said , it is an amazingly stupid restriction
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:29:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Hang a peg board with hooks next to bathrooms, that should change their minds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Id take a dump on the slide.

seemed to work as a kid
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Yay, open carry.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#13]

that's so fucking gay, and a perfect example of why you don't want government restricting carry in "public places".

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yay, open carry.

So you are going to come up here and get arrested for CCW then right? As another test case?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay, open carry.

So you are going to come up here and get arrested for CCW then right? As another test case?

Sure, hold your breath while you wait.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#16]
This needs to change.  Nov 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This needs to change.  Nov 2nd.

it will , we have been waiting a loooooong time for that douchneozzle doyle to leave orafice
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Simplest solution to this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Anti-Gunners are much like a scorned wife during a divorce.

Absolutely anything they can do to get under your skin and score a hit.

(I learned everything I know about women and divorce from Arfcom GD)  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, they don't have to use the bathrooms in the park.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#21]
If you can't unholster, unload, reload, and reholster your gun without a bang you shouldn't be carrying the gun in the first place.

Still a stupid law.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simplest solution to this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I will send you both IM's I will watch for your checks .....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, they don't have to use the bathrooms in the park.

Have to unload and encase to get in your car too
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#24]
So, are they going to post a cop at the door to monitor who goes in and out?
Are they going to search people? Set up metal detectors?
Stupid.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Village Public Works Director Bob DeMars said picnic organizers spoke with him about installing temporary portable toilets at the park. However, DeMars said he is opposed to them because of problems with vandalism.

"In that case they are left overnight, they get tipped over, they get dumped into the river," he said.

Well just declare it a "tipping over the port-a-john" free zone. Put signs up and everything. Duh.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#26]
The logic in this escapes me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The logic in this escapes me.

there is no logic in wisconsin gun laws
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There have been other OC events with similar restrictions and not one ND yet.

That said , it is an amazingly stupid restriction

Yup. The Law is an Ass. We fight for freedom, them make laws to destroy it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sounds like a real lack of common sense going on over there. THey are going to force people to handle , clear and reload their firearms over an over at a public venue? Just to take a piss?  Somone is gonna wind up getting shot by an ND

maybe thats the point. Oh look at how unsafe it is
It does not seem to make any other sense to me.. They are just trying to make it difficult and if that results in accidents that can be exploited....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Ban gloryholes, not guns.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Since the National Park firearms laws now mirror state laws, I was talking about this with a NP Ranger recently.

The visitor centers at National Parks are considered "federal buildings" and firearms are not allowed in the buildings (signs are posted on entrance doors explaining this).

I asked the ranger half jokingly if they considered a pit toilet located at a trailhead parking lot a "federal building" and could someone be arrested for carrying into the toilet.

She laughed at the idea and said no one is too worried about the toilets but that they did take the visitor centers seriously.  At the same time, she did not say that the toilets were absolutely fine to carry in, just that they were not worried about enforcing carry into pit toilets.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Gun-toting

Typical pejorative expression of the hoplophobes. If I drove a blade into his liver and both kidneys then pissed into his mouth while he bled out and gasped for breath would I be called "knife toting"?
Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#33]
What's the penalty for carrying in a .gov building in WI?  I can live with a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I guess they can pee in public
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ohio had the same sort of problem at one time, where a similarly worded law regarding buildings owned by state, inadvertently ended up making it illegal to carry inside at a rest area - one of THE places you'd really like to carry.

The law was eventually amended to correct this.

We're still working on that here in Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#36]
One is reminded of Leonidas' reply to the threat of arrows darkening the sky: "Then we shall fight in the shade".

Perhaps a similar laconic witticism would be warranted? "Then we shall powder our noses in the open?"
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yay, open carry.

As a fellow Virginian who supports OC AND CC,

This isn't an issue of OC vs CC, it's about a state that has crappy gun laws.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#38]
If I'm carrying, who's going to stop me from going to the bathroom?

Public building... I am the public... I own it.  My tax dollars paid for it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
One is reminded of Leonidas' reply to the threat of arrows darkening the sky: "Then we shall fight in the shade".

Perhaps a similar laconic witticism would be warranted? "Then we shall powder our noses in the open?"

Touché  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top