Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 5:23:37 AM EDT
I've got this crazy idea lately, a 14.5" FAL with a perm attached blackout, folding stock, rails and an aimpoint. Has anyone here ever owned something like this? Any thoughts/comments/ideas? I think that it'd be a great noise maker/flame thrower and still be good for minute of man 400 - 500yds out.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
oh god you are going to go deaf
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Will a .308 really get going in a barrel that short?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A lot of ppl are saying that the 308 needs 17" of barrel for a complete powder burn so I'm not 100% sure. I've asked in the FAL section here but haven't got a lot on replies.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Like this one from DSA. It's a brake but a flash hider would work as well.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of ppl are saying that the 308 needs 17" of barrel for a complete powder burn so I'm not 100% sure. I've asked in the FAL section here but haven't got a lot on replies.

you need to go to

FAL Files
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
An FAL is next on my list. I was going to get a MSAR but after seeing all the problems people are having I'm just going to stick to my AR's and get an FAL to fill the gap in my collection.  I sold off my first FAL before I joined the CG.  I miss it and want another one.  I'm sure that it can be done. Send DSA an E-mail and see if they can hook you up. They do offer in house work through their website. I don't see why it can't be done.

Oh, I've read around that suppressing an FAL isn't all that great. Suppression isn't good and the increased back pressure kind of beat the gun up.  I'm not sure about it but that's just what I've read.

I hope it turns out well for you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like this one from DSA. It's a brake but a flash hider would work as well.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/cowbow_2006/FN%20FALs/DSCN0428.jpg

Slap an aimpoint on it and that's EXACTLY what I'm wanting
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been thinking about putting an optic on it. My eyes are not what they used to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top