Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:46:32 AM EDT

This made me laugh a bit....for several reasons.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Just like that liberal republicrat to poke fun at someone in his own party. Probably jealous that she was able to run her state better than he has.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just like that liberal republicrat to poke fun at someone in his own party. Probably jealous that she was able to run her state better than he has.

I am not a Palin fan, or an Arnold fan by any means...but to be fair..IIRC, the population of Alaska is about 700,000. The population of California is around 37,000,000.

We have mayors of small cities that have bigger budgets and more headaches than that of Alaska...FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You CAN see Russia from Alaska.  At least, you can see a Russian island from one of the Alaskan islands.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's a jab at the Tea Party movement and Palin's support of it. It has RINOs worried.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You CAN see Russia from Alaska.  At least, you can see a Russian island from one of the Alaskan islands.

Anchorage is only a few thousand miles away from the most western parts of Alaska... What a maroon.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
A second rate comedienne on a boring non funny tv show says that....and it gets attributed to Palin...We are a country of tards.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

First post, well played.

Fuck him.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This. If you're gonna make fun of someone check your facts first so you don't end up looking like an idiot.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea Arnie should shut his fucking mouth and fix his own damn problems
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

and there it is. The libturds have their false front "nonpartisan" fact checkers, (snopes, factcheck, politfact, SPLC) that reframe the debate to "nudge" the middle apolitical public opinion to them. I don't know how many apolitical people I've heard repeat their lie of what the libtards say Sarah Palin said. If freedom is going to survive, we need real fact checkers on the truth's side.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#11]
He is wrong.  You can see russia, albeit from the aforementioned island.    

Arnold can "see" fresno from LA when he takes his private plane paid for by the taxpayers to the capitol every day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not a Palin fan, or an Arnold fan by any means...but to be fair..IIRC, the population of Alaska is about 700,000. The population of California is around 37,000,000.

We have mayors of small cities that have bigger budgets and more headaches than that of Alaska...FWIW.

The principal is the same, and pretty fucking simple to understand.  Spend less than you bring in.  It's second grade stuff.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and there it is. The libturds have their false front "nonpartisan" fact checkers, (snopes, factcheck, politfact, SPLC) that reframe the debate to "nudge" the middle apolitical public opinion to them. I don't know how many apolitical people I've heard repeat their lie of what the libtards say Sarah Palin said. If freedom is going to survive, we need real fact checkers on the truth's side.

oh careful dude, you're not allowed to accuse snopes of being partisan, just cuz it's run by a bunch of libs. snips will be along to call you out on this in a minute
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]
THE fatal flaw of the Saul Alinski'ites "Rules for Radicals" system...

Once your enemy learns your system, they will know that you will ALWAYS tell them your greatest fears and then they will ACT on those fears.

At this point, the Rules for Radicals system completely implodes upon itself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I was in Vienna and could not see Poland.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I traveled to 40 states and still have another 17 to go.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arnie is still a horse's ass.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#20]
where did the whole "i can see russia from my house" thing come from?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#21]
"your clothes".."give them to me". "NOW!"
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I can see Mexico from Los Angles

wait wat
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A second rate comedienne on a boring non funny tv show says that....and it gets attributed to Palin...We are a country of tards.

This.  ...couldn't have said it better myself...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

IIRC, it was from Tina Fey mocking Palin in a Saturday Night Live skit.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

SNL. Palin just said there are parts of Alaska where you can see Russia from (Little Diomede is US, Big Diomede is Russian). It was in response to a question about foriegn policy experience. Offhand remark that she shouldn't have made, she should have talked about the Joint US-Canada commissions she was involved in.

But it's way better than Obama's answer that he went to grade school in Indonesia - yeah Palin has more Foriegn Policy experience that Obama.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, less population in a state means less revenue. Also consider that Alaska being more remote and harsh environment will have an impact on infrastructure more so than a warmer climate.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:31:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNL. Palin just said there are parts of Alaska where you can see Russia from (Little Diomede is US, Big Diomede is Russian). It was in response to a question about foriegn policy experience. Offhand remark that she shouldn't have made, she should have talked about the Joint US-Canada commissions she was involved in.

But it's way better than Obama's answer that he went to grade school in Indonesia - yeah Palin has more Foriegn Policy experience that Obama.

thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

It must be comforting for CA resident's to see that their governor has the spare time on his hands to bash folks regarding issues that have no bearing on ANYTHING....I see STUPID!  But then agian I live in NJ sooooo.........

RG

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#29]
You can see Russia from Shemya Alaska.  It's an island about 1500 miles from Anchorage at the end of the Aleutian chain.  Desolate place that I spent 365 days on 1963-1964.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And your point is what exactly, commiefornia is run amuck and in debt up to its eye balls from the liberal pukes running the shithole. Your biggest headache is one that alot of the southern states have, illegal immigration, that and the liberal puke agenda that makes places like oakland look like the village our president came from.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Probably because the inside of his ass is blocking the view.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And your point is what exactly, commiefornia is run amuck and in debt up to its eye balls from the liberal pukes running the shithole. Your biggest headache is one that alot of the southern states have, illegal immigration, that and the liberal puke agenda that makes places like oakland look like the village our president came from.

Yep. I real tired of our betters telling us we must not vote for somebody they think is stupid, when all the smart, highly educated folks are the ones that have put us inside a shit sandwich. It doesn't take a genius to keep govt small and out of our lives and let the problems that do occur get solved locally.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Keep laughing, asshole. She'll go farther in politics than you ever will.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Once your enemy learns your system, they will know that you will ALWAYS tell them your greatest fears and then they will ACT on those fears.

Aw crap... the secret's out. Sort of.

There is no candidate that scares them more than her.

Yet our party trips over itself to criticize her for things like speech patterns, children that make mistakes, etc...

When, in her personal life she's made pretty good decisions, seemingly.

I'm still not sure how to take the decision to step down as governor.

I see both sides of the issue.

Quitting is a poor choice, often.

Legal bills were insurmountable while still governor.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anchorage is only a few thousand miles away from the most western parts of Alaska... What a maroon.  

(unless you meant the Aleutian Islands)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

California is bankrupt.  Alaska is not.  Alaska is free, California is not.  Population has nothing to do with it.  It's an ideology issue, and we all know which one works better.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Didn't Tina Fey say that?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm in Alaska. I can see what a great country we USED to have.
Before Ahhnold, Soros, Albright, Barry O., millions of illegal border crossers et. al. subverted the constitution with their socio-communist ideas.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

California helps subsidize Alaska with federal welfare.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/fedspend_per_taxesbystate-20071009.pdf

Alaska gets $1.84 back for every $1 it pays.
Californian gets $0.79 back for every $1 it pays.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  ...couldn't have said it better myself...

+1

That's fucking Tina Fey that said that.

Palin said: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Which is true. You can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Maybe you can see your approval rating going from 23 percent to 19 percent you fuck up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do those numbers include ALL federal spending?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aw crap... the secret's out. Sort of.

There is no candidate that scares them more than her.
Yet our party trips over itself to criticize her for things like speech patterns, children that make mistakes, etc...
When, in her personal life she's made pretty good decisions, seemingly.
I'm still not sure how to take the decision to step down as governor.
I see both sides of the issue.
Quitting is a poor choice, often.
Legal bills were insurmountable while still governor.

She made the decision to step down because the commies were not going to let her do her job plain and simple.
Palin's day was, from dawn to dusk, defending something she, or one of her family said.
Terribly unfair, but reality.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Population has nothing to do with it.

Really? Population has everything to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#45]
MOST federal spending in AK is .mil. It bends the truth a lot to say CA subsidizes AK welfare. Plus AK population is less than a million. Most states have more populous CITIES!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Californians got $6,709 per capita of 2005 federal spending.
Alaskans got $13,950.

Twice as much.

Alaska is latched on to that big gov titty nice and tight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
MOST federal spending in AK is .mil. It bends the truth a lot to say CA subsidizes AK welfare. Plus AK population is less than a million. Most states have more populous CITIES!

You understand the dirty secret of the Tax Foundation chart
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Alaskans got $13,950.

Twice as much.

Hoping you're not an accountant.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Alaskans got $13,950.

Twice as much.

So that would also include military (including Coast Guard), federal law enforcement, weather stations, a multitude of federal offices scattered around over 1/2 million square miles, plus federal highways?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Total military payroll outlays 2009

Alaska: $2,659,561,000
California: $14,568,458,000

http://siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil/personnel/L03/fy09/atlas-2009-summary.pdf
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top