BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:40:21 AM EDT
Libtards won't like this:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=166257

Hypocrisy On Display: Islam

Yes, here comes Mr. President:

Sept. 9 (Bloomberg) –– President Barack Obama urged the pastor of a Florida church not to burn copies of the Koran on the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

“I just want him to understand this stunt he’s talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform,” Obama said in an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America” program.

I wish to contrast this with a few other events.

Like, for instance "**** Christ", an alleged work of art, which featured a crucifix immersed in urine.

The total number of Christian whackos who went on a murderous rampage worldwide as a consequence of this exercise of "Free Speech"?  Zero.

This isn't the only example, of course.  Denigrating Christian symbolism is somewhat of an art form.  New York's Cooper Union exhibited an "artistic piece" that consisted of a man with his pants down and a cross extending from his *******.  The caption?  "The day I became a Catholic"

Number of violent murderous rampages as a consequence of this exercise in Free Speech?  Zero.

But when a cartoonist, Mr. Westergaard, decided to draw a man oddly reminiscent of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban, he was threatened with death in official "fatwas" of the Muslim religion.

I think it's time for those of us in the civilized world to ask a relatively simple question:

Do you have a legitimate religion - that is, the worship of divinity and prayer for personal peace and enlightenment - when practitioners and priests of that religion threaten people with death for mere speech that they find "unbecoming" (or "blasphemous") toward their particular religious practice?

Or is the truth that you have, in point of fact, a war-based political movement that has co-opted the trappings and claims of religion as a shield from laws that, in the civilized world, would otherwise lead to immediate criminal sanction for the publication and dissemination of these threats?

This is a key question, and one that we, as Americans, had better take notice of.

Christianity and Judaism both can point to passages in The Bible that proscribe certain behavior and call for death by stoning for violations.

But somewhere in the last 2,000 years, both Christianity and Judaism have come to recognize that this sort of barbarism - that is, attacking someone physically simply because they refuse to believe as you do - is indefensible under both the laws of God and Man, and thus have (with the notable exception of a few nuts) cast that position and approach to "enforcement" of "divine command" aside.

If Islam will not do so, then the rest of the world will have to decide whether it truly values religious freedom, and if it does, it will have to unfortunately commit to the eradication of Islam from the face of the earth.

I'm aware that this is an incendiary statement, incidentally.

It is nonetheless true.

A religious path - any religious path - that refuses to allow those who do not believe as the adherents to that path do to live in peace without interference and violence is a religion that has declared that one must either submit or die.

In a nation that values religious freedom and in fact has such written into its Constitution, America has no choice in this regard.  A religion that makes such a declaration either by act or word has in fact by doing so declared war on The United States and her citizens worldwide.

For more than 20 years we have allowed this declaration of war - and that's exactly what it is folks - to go unanswered.  The USS Cole, Khobar Towers, 9/11 and more all were military attacks launched by a group that had declared war on America.

We have, thus far, refused to respond in kind, and this is, in my opinion, a critical error.

We must make clear to the Muslims that we have no quarrel with any legitimate religious practice, but that we will not tolerate any claimed "religion" that is in fact a military movement cloaked in a false claim of piety.

We must further draw the line where any religious path declares a right to put a price on the head of "unbelievers" or those who "insult" their religion, or who offer and incite violence upon those who fail to honor and believe in their particular religious path.  We must with official and national resolve inform the Muslims of the world that they must choose between immediate and permanent cessation of all such activity or we both can and will meet their declaration of war with one of our own.

I fully respect your right to pray toward Mecca any time you'd like.

However, I demand that you respect my right to not pray as you direct, choosing to instead honor divinity on my own terms, or, if I should so choose, to not pray at all.

America must put her foot down here and now and say ENOUGH!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
If he had an account here, he would be sooooo banned!

Quoted:

"But somewhere in the last 2,000 years, both Christianity and Judaism have come to recognize that this sort of barbarism - that is, attacking someone physically simply because they refuse to believe as you do - is indefensible under both the laws of God and Man, and thus have (with the notable exception of a few nuts) cast that position and approach to "enforcement" of "divine command" aside.

If Islam will not do so, then the rest of the world will have to decide whether it truly values religious freedom, and if it does, it will have to unfortunately commit to the eradication of Islam from the face of the earth."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top