Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 11:09:08 PM EDT
She is going to school for cosmetology and parking downtown in the zones are fucked all to hell.. She parked her car right in a loading zone and less than six hours later had a ticket and her car towed shortly after.. I get a message saying she can't find her car where she parked it an hour after I got off of work and some transients are harassing her. I haul ass downtown and pick her up. Drive her to the lot where her car is and pay $327 to get it out plus the $60 parking ticket she got while there.

Fuck my life. Worked my ass off today just to go home and relax but instead had to drive 30 miles out of my way to help her.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
and then have her make you a sammich.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You're right.  Better eject now before there's a pool party
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My girlfriend, probably soon ex, went to school for cosmetology and that sounds like something that would happen to her. She gets in trouble, does something stupid, and it's up to me to get her ass out of it. It must be some sort of class they teach.....how to fuck things up by not thinking, then get others to unfuck your fuck up. We just got into a fight so I'm feeling especially ornery.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It's what they do.  Learn to masturbate better.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My girlfriend, probably soon ex, went to school for cosmetology and that sounds like something that would happen to her. She gets in trouble, does something stupid, and it's up to me to get her ass out of it. It must be some sort of class they teach.....how to fuck things up by not thinking, then get others to unfuck your fuck up. We just got into a fight so I'm feeling especially ornery.

Ditto.. At least I have a futon in my computer room. I'm sleeping on that tonight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

$387 plus a 30 mile drive is worth a lot more than a sammich.

Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'.

yeah.. I just got a thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a lot of money, but it was a loading zone.

However commercial plates for your car are around $60/year depending on where you live, and you can park in a loading zone with those.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'.

How was her problem your financial responsibility?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]

wow, $327 for what?  a tow and storage fees?

oh yeah, got any pics of gf?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#11]
A real woman handles the situation herself and forks over her own cash to correct her issues....

Just sayin...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]

"How was her problem your financial responsibility?"

The award goes to this response.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I would expect a massive pie influx after that one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#14]

What –––––––––––––– No pic's...?!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:07:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'.

Eject.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't ask, just put it in her ass.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#17]
stupidity is expensive
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Thats why you park your "Car" in her "Loading zone"
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.. At least I have a futon in my computer room. I'm sleeping on that tonight.

And why are you sleeping on the futon in your place?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'.

THIS!!!

When we pulled up to the tow service lot, I wouldn't have gotten out of the car.

Stupid hurts
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't get the futon thing? Shouldn't she be extra nice right now? If she's not being extra nice, she gets the futon and a bill for what you spent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:33:41 AM EDT
[#23]
And you paid for her mistake why?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#24]
One of the reasons I am currently single and not seriously dating anyone is because my mouth would have had me in major trouble with this situation.

Step one is I want to date an adult who can either recognize the consequences of parking their vehicle in a loading zone or figure out how to get their car back on their own after parking it in a loading zone.

The next concept is why would I want to date someone who is not grown up enough to park where they should park when the main reason I want to date someone is to find someone to have kids with?  Kind of like trying to have a kid raise kids or something.

As far as paying the money out of my wallet goes, only if it was my vehicle and I wanted the vehicle back.

And I won't loan a spare vehicle out to someone who does such things with my vehicles.  Don't care how good she looks.  If she is that valuable I would drive her around.

And when it comes to the excuse of no other parking, give her the bill for her parking concept.  When it comes to not reading signs, ask how she knows what speedlimit might be on a given road.

Overall this comes back to why I am single and not dating right now.  I have a serious lack of sleep and it is causing me to look at people doing stupid things and I just tell them to handle it themselves with their bank account.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'.

And a lot more than once...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Pay back....... Rodeo followed up w/ a Spiderman and her sleeping on the Futon!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Girlfriends are so 1950's dude. Save the money and tell her to start walking next time. Bet you she doesn't get into the same jam again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You guys don't realize it's not your problem. Would I pick her up? Yes. Shell out $387? NO.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'.

And a lot more than once...

Her farts should sound like someone coughing, if they don't she hasn't paid you back in full.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Male announcer:
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Female announcer:
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

Male announcer:
[later] The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.

Female announcer:
No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.

Male announcer:
The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer:
Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!

Male announcer:
Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again.

[Later]

Male announcer:
There's just no stopping in a white zone.

Female announcer:
Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

Male announcer:
It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"How was her problem your financial responsibility?"

The award goes to this response.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#34]
a course in reading comprehension couldn't hurt
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#35]
why didnt she pay for it?

PICS?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#36]
A whole lot of whipped here, paying for her fuck up, sleeping on a futon at your own place
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top