Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 10:50:46 PM EDT
I know its about a month away but at UFC 121 Brock Lesnar defends his title against Cain Velazquez.

Any of you guys think Velazquez will be the one to finally take Lesnar’s belt from him?  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Lesnar is going dominate this one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Fedor Emelianenko?

I don't know. I haven't seen a UFC bout since Rampage Jackson v. Forest Griffin.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Fedor Emelianenko?

I don't know. I haven't seen a UFC bout since Rampage Jackson v. Forest Griffin.

I think he would have a very good chance.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Lesnar is going to tear Velsquez a new ass. Lesnar is a beast who dominates the octagon just like I dominate and make all comers tap out in the pit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lesnar is going to tear Velsquez a new ass. Lesnar is a beast who dominates the octagon just like I dominate and make all comers tap out in the pit.

Sounds like you have your tongue in Lesnar's ass and your own fat ass spreads your cow shit all over the pit and chokes the air out of anyone so they leave instead of lighting a match and burning your crap once and for all.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lesnar is going dominate this one.

Correct.  Brown Pride will tap or go out unconscious.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]

maybe carwin in their eventual rematch.  though brock showed he can take the punishment from shane.  either way he's the only one that has a chance to beat brock IMO.

cane's going to get destroyed and brock's going to rip off his brown pride tat after it's over

ETA:  i wonder how bad the trash talking will get over velazquez's tat

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe Mirko Filipović or Frank Mir, but Lesnar is one hell of an athlete. He's only going to get better, too. He was a late comer to mixed martial arts. Most of the other heavyweights have been doing jiu-jitsu or muay thai since they were teenagers.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fedor Emelianenko?

yeah, but OP said "anyone in the UFC"  

is there anyone that wouldn't want to see them fight?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Lesnar is not the unbeatable machine that some make him out to be.  He was getting his ass kicked by Carwin until his [Carwin's] lack of cardio took its toll.  He couldn't even dominate a much smaller Randy Couture.  Their fight was very evenly matched until Couture at that big punch.  

As much as I dislike Lesnar, I hate Cain more.  But they're both good fighters and I'd have a hard time picking a favorite to win.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Maybe Mirko Filipović or Frank Mir, but Lesnar is one hell of an athlete. He's only going to get better, too. He was a late comer to mixed martial arts. Most of the other heavyweights have been doing jiu-jitsu or muay thai since they were teenagers.

The Mirko from the Pride days possible, the Mirko now, no way. And Frank Mir got lucky the first time and was pulverized the second match.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fedor Emelianenko?

Fedor Emelianenko
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Hamill vs. Ortiz? I thought they were lovers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Most likely we will see Tito cry again and say how he trained and tried his best.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fedor Emelianenko?

Hasten the day.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely we will see Tito cry again and say how he trained and tried his best.

I stopped watching UFC when Tito started being a drama queen. Granted, he can beat the piss out of me up and down the block but I'll still say he's a drama queen. I miss the days of UFC when it was unregulated. Those fights were fucking brutal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Lesnar is not the unbeatable machine that some make him out to be. He was getting his ass kicked by Carwin until his [Carwin's] lack of cardio took its toll. He couldn't even dominate a much smaller Randy Couture. Their fight was very evenly matched until Couture at that big punch.

As much as I dislike Lesnar, I hate Cain more. But they're both good fighters and I'd have a hard time picking a favorite to win.

How do you know that wasn't Lesnars's strategy.  Yeah, he was taking a pounding, but he hung in there.  If you watched the fight, you saw Lesnar just keeping his guard, and not really trying too hard to get back up. He knew that Carwin would gas himself out, and that's exactly what happened.  How many of Carwins previous fights went past the first round?  He relies on brute "lets pound the shit out of them" but not so make make it through all the rounds fighter...  just my .02
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Brock is going to make Velazquez his Bitch.  I think V will end up doing Brock's laundry and making Brock a sammich.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Lesnar is not the unbeatable machine that some make him out to be. He was getting his ass kicked by Carwin until his [Carwin's] lack of cardio took its toll. He couldn't even dominate a much smaller Randy Couture. Their fight was very evenly matched until Couture at that big punch.

As much as I dislike Lesnar, I hate Cain more. But they're both good fighters and I'd have a hard time picking a favorite to win.

How do you know that wasn't Lesnars's strategy.  Yeah, he was taking a pounding, but he hung in there.  If you watched the fight, you saw Lesnar just keeping his guard, and not really trying too hard to get back up. He knew that Carwin would gas himself out, and that's exactly what happened.  How many of Carwins previous fights went past the first round?  He relies on brute "lets pound the shit out of them" but not so make make it through all the rounds fighter...  just my .02

Did you also think it was Anderson Silva's "strategy" to get his ass kicked for four and a half rounds and win by submission at the last second?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Brown Pride is going to get humbled.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Dos Santos has the best chance and even he doesn't have a real good chance. Lesnar is only getting better.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you have your tongue in Lesnar's ass and your own fat ass spreads your cow shit all over the pit and chokes the air out of anyone so they leave instead of lighting a match and burning your crap once and for all.

Once again Gulbrandr is posting while drunk on Eskimo semen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again Gulbrandr is posting while drunk on Eskimo semen.

Drunk words are sober thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:57:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Carwin is probably the only one.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm so done with reading your posts and looking at that avatar of yours. Welcome to my ignore list, I've put it off for too long now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#26]
"Brown Pride" How is that not seen as racist again?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Who can beat Lesner?

Dolph Lundgren.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lesnar is not the unbeatable machine that some make him out to be.  

His submission defense is amateur level, and cardio is science fiction to this monster.

The farther he goes, the harder he is going to be to beat, however.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I hope Lesnar whips the ass of " brown pride "  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because he isn't a white person having pride in his own heritage, that's why.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This comment proves that you don't actually know anything about MMA.

Not saying that Lesnar won't win this fight, but two of his wins (against Couture and Carwin) were unimpressive to say the least.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to shave my head and get "White Pride" tats on my back.

That should go well with the sponsors, right?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

maybe carwin in their eventual rematch.  though brock showed he can take the punishment from shane.  either way he's the only one that has a chance to beat brock IMO.

Carwin should have had the first one, he just didn't finish it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#34]
lesner is a machine
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Shertards say in these debates: "White Pride is bad because it means concentration camps and lynchings. Brown Pride is ok because he is just proud of his heritage and his brothers."

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Both Cain and JDS have an advantage in the stand-up.... I don't think they can stop the ragging bull take-downs of Lesnar though.

They both should be really good fights. If Lesnar gets past them, he'll have the belt a long time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Shertards say in these debates: "White Pride is bad because it means concentration camps and lynchings. Brown Pride is ok because he is just proud of his heritage and his brothers."

Some do.  I have an account at Sherdog and not all of the people are insane.  Just a lot of them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Lesnar. I can see him doing to "Brown Pride" what  he did to Mir in the second fight. Ground and Pound.

Fedor is just as mortal as Lesnar.

He was submitted just a few months ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Cain has the skill.Not sure of his cardio however.Never seen Cain being anything but respectful so I choose him by rear naked in the second.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#40]

carwin could have if he had any cardio at all. lesnar perfectly executed in that fight the plan mir's corner had for the mir/carwin fight; sit back, let him punch himself out, and dominate.

lesnar has shown that he can be submitted by someone with good jujitsu, and knocked out by someone with heavy hands. he'll be beaten soon enough, but i don't think cain is the one to do it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Who can beat Lesner?

Dolph Lundgren.

If he dies, he dies.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#42]
lesner is going to destroy him.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#43]
I hated Lesnar until his last fight,the dude is for real and he proved it.I really don't see anyone in the near future taking that belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top