Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:17:35 PM EDT
Close all those programs you have open. Click the main button at the bottom 2 times fast. It will bring up different icons at the bottom of the screen. These are all apps that you thought you closed, but didn't. Press and hold on one until it giggles and gets a red - sign. Simply tap the red - and it will close those apps out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Lame  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Close all those programs you have open. Click the main button at the bottom 2 times fast. It will bring up different icons at the bottom of the screen. These are all apps that you thought you closed, but didn't. Press and hold on one until it giggles and gets a red - sign. Simply tap the red - and it will close those apps out.

Didn't help the reception from my house but it does drop calls much faster....and I am still on AT&T.

So how DO you properly close an app that you were just using?

Should help battery life?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Clearing the cache and cookies from safari seems to help too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tip!! I saw those there but didn't know they were running in the bg. That's the multitasking page, right?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the big question: how do you keep them from reappearing in the bottom of the multitasking screen?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Here's the big question: how do you keep them from reappearing in the bottom of the multitasking screen?

I think every time you use an app it keeps it running in the background until you do a reboot. I'm just gonna do it every few days as maintenance.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
After a reboot I checked to see if anything was still running and the apps still appeared.  I also turned off the phone and checked...still on.  I think PO8's way actually closes the apps.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy crap. A whole bunch.
I hard reset my phone pretty often and there is crap here I haven't opened in weeks

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top