Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 4:50:12 PM EDT
I am glad that the Quran burning was canceled. I am equally glad that all those Afghans decided not to burn the American flag and call for the deaths of infidels, or run around burning down buildings owned by the few terrified Christians remaining in that country. What's that? They did all of that anyhow? Well, I still feel better about the whole thing.

Pardon my salty language, but fuck them, fuck their totalitarian political system masquerading as a religion, and fuck their murderous hypocrisy. This whole situation is so far beyond ridiculous that I find myself no longer very concerned with the feelings of the Ummah.

If you are one of those apolitical peaceful Muslims that I've met, work with, and are fond of, well, I'm glad to know you. I'm glad your beliefs work for you yet enable you to flourish here in my favorite nation.

If you are one of those "moderate Muslims" that I keep hearing exist in large silent numbers in the various nasty petro-theocracies that we prop up around the world, perhaps you should reach out and slap one of your demonstrating/ululating brethren the next time you witness one threatening bloody death to those who insinuate that the ROP might not actually be very peaceful.

If you are one of those demonstrating/ululating brethren, wrap the flag around your face prior to igniting it. You get like... +28 virgins that way, for an even 100. Allah likes round numbers, I am told.

ETA: Original illustration, I hope you like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am glad that the Quran burning was canceled. I am equally glad that all those Afghans decided not to burn the American
flag and call for the deaths of infidels, or run around burning down buildings owned by the few terrified Christians remaining in that
country. What's that? They did all of that anyhow? Well, I still feel better about the whole thing.

Pardon my salty language, but fuck them, fuck their totalitarian political system masquerading as a religion, and fuck their murderous hypocrisy. This whole situation is so far beyond ridiculous that I find myself no longer very concerned w...ith the feelings of the Ummah.

If you are one of those apolitical peaceful Muslims that I've met, work with, and are fond of, well, I'm glad to know you. I'm glad your beliefs work for you yet enable you to flourish here in my favorite nation.

If you are one of those "moderate Muslims" that I keep hearing exist in large silent numbers in the various nasty petro-theocracies that we prop up around the world, perhaps you should reach out and slap one of your demonstrating/ululating brethren the next time you witness one threatening bloody death to those who insinuate that the ROP might not actually be very peaceful.

If you are one of those demonstrating/ululating brethren, wrap the flag around your face prior to igniting it. You get like... +28 virgins that way, for an even 100. Allah likes round numbers, I am told.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4975654956_44ed1bb953.jpg

Muslim ≠ Islam

I too have met good Muslims. Still looking for the fabled peace-loving, terrorist-hating America-Fuck-Yeahing Islamic ninja, though.

I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Why are the "good" muslims so quite about the "bad" muslims.

Jus' wonderin'
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Jus' wonderin'

Cause if just 1/10 of a percent of muslims are "bad" that's still a million of them and they'll cut the "good" muslims' heads off too

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I am glad that the Quran burning was canceled. I am equally glad that all those Afghans decided not to burn the American flag and call for the deaths of infidels, or run around burning down buildings owned by the few terrified Christians remaining in that country. What's that? They did all of that anyhow? Well, I still feel better about the whole thing.

Pardon my salty language, but fuck them, fuck their totalitarian political system masquerading as a religion, and fuck their murderous hypocrisy. This whole situation is so far beyond ridiculous that I find myself no longer very concerned with the feelings of the Ummah.

What you mean moderate Muslim? You have his picture right there.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
It ain't cancelled.  In fact it might be back on.   Crossing my fingers, hoping it is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jus' wonderin'

Cause if just 1/10 of a percent of muslims are "bad" that's still a million of them and they'll cut the "good" muslims' heads off too

Which doesn't compute. The 9 good ones should be able to beat the shit out of the 1 bad one. When left alone people that want to be free tend to liberate themselves.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What you mean moderate Muslim? You have his picture right there.

That's why it has "scare quotes" around it.

What's a man gotta do to get a rant rating up in heyah?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top