Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 3:55:49 PM EDT
So I'm going to make a platter of wings for the game tonight, any suggestions on the best way to do them?

- I will be baking them, not frying...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Deep fry. (ETA: Bake if you must)

Douse with Franks, and a tiny amount of melted butter.

See recipe for either on Franks bottle.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]

i bake till crispy,  put them in a small bucket, add my hot sauce blend, shake, then eat.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
what ever my host uses
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I follow this recipe

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer a deep fried naked wing and a sauce consisting of butter and Louisiana hot sauce.  Franks or Crystal will do, as will Texas Pete (not available around here).
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Insert key, drive to Buffalo Wild Wings, order boneless "wings" with lots of sauce in some combination of Caribbean Jerk, Honey BBQ, and Asian Zing, maybe with some Spicy Garlic or Garlic Parmesan mixed in for good measure, then wake up the next morning and sit on the toilet until noon reading news and ARFCOM on my Blackberry.

I've never found good real wings anywhere except a small sports bar in downtown Des Moines, Iowa back in 1997.  They were magical.  The biggest, juiciest, most fall-off-the-bone flappers I've ever seen, non-breaded, and with a perfect, flavorful sauce that made your lips sting a little but was way worth it.  It was located in the bottom of a tall office building and had glass windows for outer walls.  Had a bit of a red/orange glow inside due to the neon I think, tall round bar tables in the middle.  I wasn't driving so I can't remember where it was.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
1 jar of Heinz Chili Sauce

1 16oz bottle of Franks Hot Sauce

8 oz Apple Cider Vinegar

1 stick of butter or margarine

Bring to a boil, simmer 5 min

Toss your deep fried, baked or grilled wings with some of this magic and thank me later.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#9]

+

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#10]
wings are in the oven now... I went with a mix of  Buffalo, Honey BBQ, & Thai Ginger flavors.. we will see how they come out..

Pics coming after dinner / the game maybe ?

Go Old Grandpa Bret!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Insert key, drive to Buffalo Wild Wings, order boneless "wings" with lots of sauce in some combination of Caribbean Jerk, Honey BBQ, and Asian Zing, maybe with some Spicy Garlic or Garlic Parmesan mixed in for good measure, then wake up the next morning and sit on the toilet until noon reading news and ARFCOM on my Blackberry.

I've never found good real wings anywhere except a small sports bar in downtown Des Moines, Iowa back in 1997.  They were magical.  The biggest, juiciest, most fall-off-the-bone flappers I've ever seen, non-breaded, and with a perfect, flavorful sauce that made your lips sting a little but was way worth it.  It was located in the bottom of a tall office building and had glass windows for outer walls.  Had a bit of a red/orange glow inside due to the neon I think, tall round bar tables in the middle.  I wasn't driving so I can't remember where it was.

Oh, that brings back many memories of mango habanero wings and draft bud.............and being woken the next morning by some unnatural grumbling and growling 'down there'.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, that brings back many memories of mango habanero wings and draft bud.............and being woken the next morning by some unnatural grumbling and growling 'down there'.

OHHH, I forgot about the Mango Habenero!  That stuff is so tasty, but I think my rationale was Caribbean Jerk was my favorite so it would be the one fairly hot one I'd get.  Who am I kidding though, it never matters in the morning.  Beer does make it worse too.  Oh well!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I prefer a deep fried naked wing and a sauce consisting of butter and Louisiana hot sauce.  Franks or Crystal will do, as will Texas Pete (not available around here).

This, except I use McIlhenny's Chipotle Tabasco for the hot sauce.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:15:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Deep fried, they have to be deep fried. Thaw out and dry the wings, heat up oil in fryer to 375*, fry wings about 15 to 20 minutes, until they have been floating awhile and are the desired crispness. In a bowl pour some franks red hot and a pat of butter, microwave 20 seconds to melt the butter, toss wings in this, sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Plan A wings:
Cut wingtips off, and separate into winglets and drumettes.

Pressure cook wings in Frank's for 6 minutes.  (The pressure cooker is the key to this recipe.)

Coat with 50/50 mixture of panko and flour.  Add cayenne pepper to taste. (I use 1/4 cup per 20 wings.)

Refrigerate wings for 1 hour to set breading.  (Can be frozen for cooking the next day.)

Deep-Fry until golden-brown.
Plan B wings:
Cut wingtips off - leave winglets and drumettes connected.

Deep-Fry at 355º until light golden-brown.

Coat with Frank's.

Bake in 450º oven for 5-7 minutes.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:49:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't like sloppy wings or food.    I like dry ribs and wings .  I just don't like covering my face with hot sauce.

I take a bag of wings and cut them up like everyone but I lay them on a tray and season them with salt pepper and garlic powder and then cayenne pepper.

then crystal  hot sauce then zesty Italian dressing .  pour all of this in a bag for 3-6 hours

then I fire up the charcoal grill and slow cook them over the coals till perfection.

I take the marinade and bring to a boil and use as a mop sauce.

After the last mop I cook about 15 minutes
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I don't like sloppy wings or food.    I like dry ribs and wings .  I just don't like covering my face with hot sauce.

I take a bag of wings and cut them up like everyone but I lay them on a tray and season them with salt pepper and garlic powder and then cayenne pepper.

then crystal  hot sauce then zesty Italian dressing .  pour all of this in a bag for 3-6 hours

then I fire up the charcoal grill and slow cook them over the coals till perfection.

I take the marinade and bring to a boil and use as a mop sauce.

After the last mop I cook about 15 minutes

Yours sound good.  I hate 'sloppy wet' wings as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top