Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:20:14 PM EDT
First, I support the right to burn the books, but I think it is shows a lack of class and is pretty dumb.

However If
these idiots go through with this, I actually hope the Muslim radicals
go nuts. I dislike the WBC as much as radical Muslims. I just hope that
the two groups only destroy each other.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLES/100909743/1412?Title=Westboro-Baptish-Church-to-burn-Qurans-if-Dove-doesn-t

Westboro Baptist Church, the small Topeka, Kan., church that pickets
funerals of American soldiers to spread its message that God is
punishing the country for being tolerant of homosexuals, has vowed to
hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World Outreach Center calls
its off.

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed
america bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they
change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then
WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church
announced in a news release this week.

And Jones in the last day has indicated some reluctance to burn the Muslim holy book.

The
Canadian Press reported Thursday that in an interview with a Canadian
radio station, Jones said the church was considering calling it off.

"We are very much in prayer about it. There is the possibility, of course, that we will not do it," Jones was quoted as saying.

He told a group of reporters Wednesday that he planned to burn at least one copy of the Quran.

Dove World is one of the few groups to join forces with Westboro members, who have protested at funerals across the country.

In
April, a handful of Westboro members picketed outside of the University
of Florida Hillel, the Jewish student center, and Trinity United
Methodist Church, and Jones and about 30 members of his congregation
joined the WBC members outside of Trinity United.

While officials
from President Barack Obama to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
have condemned Jones' plan, Fox News reported Thursday that a White
House spokesman said the administration is considering contacting Jones
to urge him to call it off.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Let them destroy each other.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be terrible if anything happened to them while doing this.

just terrible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
He just wants his name in the news.

If he felt all giddy about burning the satanic verses, he could have done it already
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If ROPers suicide-bombed the Westboro nutjobs, my only request would be a lawn chair and a case of cold beer at a safe distance to watch the fun
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Leftists = They won't do it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If he felt all giddy about burning the satanic verses, he could have done it already

Yep, thanks to the media the only thing any nut who wants attention has to do now is burn a Koran between now and Saturday night.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If ROPers suicide-bombed the Westboro nutjobs, my only request would be a lawn chair and a case of cold beer at a safe distance to watch the fun

+1

those tards were just here for a court appreance the Atty Gen. here rocks
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm no theologian, but I thought there was something about peace and love in the bible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Go Fred GO!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm no theologian, but I thought there was something about peace and love in the bible.

yeah, this is a great christian group

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I do not think that word means what you think.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

and fight if you have to.  We can fight now or later, either way there's going to be a fight.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh christ now theese idiots are getting in on the act. ugh
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and fight if you have to.  We can fight now or later, either way there's going to be a fight.

Yep! Might as well go ahead and get it started!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I think WBO are leftists. They hate our military.

The rest is just fluff & fraud.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, crap. This creates a dilemma. I was gonna burn as an FU to the threats and freedom thing, but now those damn Westboro guys are co-opting the whole Koran thing. Ugh.

Is this verified, or just a "scheme" to tone down the angry normal folks out there who are gathering matches and calling bookstores?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dibs on the beer & cigar concession stand for that show.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They were protesting gays before the military.

It has nothing to do with left or right. To call them "Left" is ignorant, they simply hate America.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I think i just converted to Korani or whoever reads that damn book.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If I had any, I'd donate the explosives.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I had suggested bringing the would be Islamic terrorist/murderers out into the open by using the good father in Tom Pettyville as bait.  I suggest they use the WBC members as bait now.  Maybe the ragheads will get lucky.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh, crap. This creates a dilemma. I was gonna burn as an FU to the threats and freedom thing, but now those damn Westboro guys are co-opting the whole Koran thing. Ugh.

Is this verified, or just a "scheme" to tone down the angry normal folks out there who are gathering matches and calling bookstores?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Dont worry about it!

There will be more Korans burned Saturday than the media can keep up with!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Sadly, now these morons are going to be given a platform to spew their bullshit. Why can't the fucking MSM just fucking ignore them???? They clearly just want attention. Don't give it to them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Good, let the Muslims attack those POS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd pay good money to watch them bomb/shoot each other to death.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I could have called that one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#28]
LOL damn
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They were protesting gays before the military.

It has nothing to do with left or right. To call them "Left" is ignorant, they simply hate America.

This!!!

I lived in Topeka for 30 years and WBC's been a pain in the ass for 50.

This explains the WBC better than anything
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's see

Fuck  Muslim radicals
Fuck the WBC
Fuck the Dove World Outreach Center

Did I miss anyone?

Oh and FBO
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good, let the Muslims attack those POS.

+1

It would be hysterical to see the WBC do it and NOBODY come to their defence.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Street justice: let the animals wipe themselves out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Made me laugh.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#36]
shit like this makes me feel like we live in Idiocracy
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are also democrats, IIR.

WBC are con-men. They try to get people pissed off so that they  do something to them and then they sue for profit. They would love for someone to disrupt their Koran burning so they can sue.  It would be a hell of a court case: WBC vs Radical Islamist.  How can I root against both people at the same time?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I think we should go there and sell guns and ammunition to both sides.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#39]
FUCK IT!! BURN THAT SHIT!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't wait for the Southpark episode if they do this!    I'm kinda eager to see what kind of insulting signs they come up with too.  Two groups of retards screaming and holding massively insulting signs is a recipe for hilarity.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
First, I support the right to burn the books, but I think it is shows a lack of class and is pretty dumb.

However If these idiots go through with this, I actually hope the Muslim radicals go nuts. I dislike the WBC as much as radical Muslims. I just hope that the two groups only destroy each other.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100909/ARTICLES/100909743/1412?Title=Westboro-Baptish-Church-to-burn-Qurans-if-Dove-doesn-t

Westboro Baptist Church, the small Topeka, Kan., church that pickets funerals of American soldiers to spread its message that God is punishing the country for being tolerant of homosexuals, has vowed to hold a Quran burning if Gainesville's Dove World Outreach Center calls its off.

"WBC burned the Koran once – and if you sissy brats of Doomed america bully Terry Jones and the Dove World Outreach Center until they change their plans to burn that blasphemous tripe called the Koran, then WBC will burn it (again), to clearly show you some things," the church announced in a news release this week.
And Jones in the last day has indicated some reluctance to burn the Muslim holy book.

The Canadian Press reported Thursday that in an interview with a Canadian radio station, Jones said the church was considering calling it off.

"We are very much in prayer about it. There is the possibility, of course, that we will not do it," Jones was quoted as saying.

He told a group of reporters Wednesday that he planned to burn at least one copy of the Quran.

Dove World is one of the few groups to join forces with Westboro members, who have protested at funerals across the country.

In April, a handful of Westboro members picketed outside of the University of Florida Hillel, the Jewish student center, and Trinity United Methodist Church, and Jones and about 30 members of his congregation joined the WBC members outside of Trinity United.

While officials from President Barack Obama to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton have condemned Jones' plan, Fox News reported Thursday that a White House spokesman said the administration is considering contacting Jones to urge him to call it off.

please god, allah whoever,

let the crazy ass islams behead the crazy ass "christians"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

+ 1         You reap what you sow

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Why am I not surprised that the responses to this thread do not match the responses to the Gainesville church thread.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#44]
On thing that I have noticed, is that the Westboro people use a lot of children in their protests.  As much as I can't stand them (Westboro church group), I would not want to see anything happen to the kids.  The chances are, they are there because their parents told them to be there.  

Just an observation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
On thing that I have notices, is that the Westboro people use a lot of children in their protests.  As much as I can't stand them (Westboro church group), I would not want to see anything happen to the kids.  The chances are, they are there because their parents told them to be there.  

Just an observation.

And a very true observation.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#46]
The funny, it burns!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Umm.... he has....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#48]
lawl
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#49]

I totally support Korans being torched. But I HATE to see the symbolism tainted by having these crazies do it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Street justice: let the animals wipe themselves out.

God willing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top