Posted: 9/9/2010 11:23:57 AM EDT
Because the place sucks!

"Can I get you a Foster's oil can and  bloomin' onion with that, mate?"  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Because the place sucks!

I was under the impression that there is nothing Australian about that place.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
" Outback by the shit house"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah but chick's think its a classy joint, and you don't really have to pay classy joint prices because most chicks wont buy a huge ass filet. That's the only reason I've ever gone. I've never had a reasonable steak there either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
It's sad when you live in bumfuck and that's considered a good place to eat. Kinda like me. The Longhorn across the street has the same quality of steak for a higher price.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
outback is...sub-par but they've had decent specials in the past for vets so they're ok.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#6]
it's about as Aussie as PF Chang's is Chinese
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The chargrilled rib-eye is the bomb!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#8]
never had a problem with that place.  i know its not aussie.  though... i wouldnt mind trying some roo burgers
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I have always enjoyed the food at Outback.  The chili cheese fries are great.  I think it had a slightly better Australian menu back when it first opened than it does now.

Chicks do like it.  My wife and daughters in law love going there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I was under the impression that there is nothing Australian about that place.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Marketing...how does it work??

Fyi, the Outbacks in the Tampa Bay area are awesome compared to all the others I have visited.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah but chick's think its a classy joint, and you don't really have to pay classy joint prices because most chicks wont buy a huge ass filet. That's the only reason I've ever gone. I've never had a reasonable steak there either.

Which of your chicks think The Outback is a "classy joint"...this one? She doesn't need a huge ass filet. She already has one.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which of your chicks think The Outback is a "classy joint"...this one? She doesn't need a huge ass filet. She already has one.
http://www.jokesduniya.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/fat.jpg

that.............is a huge bitch
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Because it's only OK to lampoon other cultures for marketing and profit as long as they're white?

Can you imagine Outback -same menu, same service, same everything - but reskinned as "Bushman's Steakhouse" with a Zulu theme?  OMG, racism!  Right?

I've had steaks and beer in Australia.  Neither have a single thing in common with anything on the menu at Outback.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Me and one of my ex wives ate at outback once.  I sent a t-bone back 3 times.  Worst steak I've ever paid to have cooked.

Never again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Never had a problem. Love the place.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Steak. We have that here. Shrimp. We have that here. Salad. Chicken. Onions. Fish. What exactly is Australian about it? They don't serve wombat or kangaroo, and you can get Foster's at any liquor store. Why the hell would they go?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I never get steaks there. They suck.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can you imagine Outback -same menu, same service, same everything - but reskinned as "Bushman's Steakhouse" with a Zulu theme?  OMG, racism!  Right?

Actually, that sort of thing goes over quite well. One of my favorite places to go is The Bush Camp. It's in the Congo, so it's a bit of a long drive from the US.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't recall Outback every saying they serve authentic Australian food.  It's an Australian themed restaurant.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I like their food, but I do note the food quality and portion sizes are in decline in recent years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never walked out of one saying "that sucked for what I paid."

I can't say the same about Ruth's Chris.

Still, the best steak I've ever eaten was a Filet from Omaha Steaks that I ate at my parent's house.  Awesome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I take all the chicks I meet on POF there.

Guaranteed pie.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Same reasons you don't see Mexicans who pine for authentic grub at Taco Bell?  Or Italians at Olive Garden?

Olive Garden makes a bomb diggity Balongna and Hot Dog Alfredo.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like their food, but I do note the food quality and portion sizes are in decline in recent years.

That seems to be the case in all restaurants.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#27]
It's decent.  It, as has been said, is an Australian THEMED restaurant, not necessarily representing actual Australian cuisine...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems to be the case in all restaurants.right before they go out of buisiness

Fixed.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Because the place sucks!

If they only had vegemite and toast
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#30]
The 12oz house steak and a couple Newcastles is what my happy is made of.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
it's about as Aussie as PF Chang's is Chinese

Yeah this. I don't mind their food, I think most of the menu is decent.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

words fail me....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG, it's Violet Beauregarde!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Chicks think Outback Steakhouse is a classy joint?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#35]
i go there to drink fosters and eat the siloin special. best cheap steak around.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#36]
i always get the ribeye.  well not always i like the alice springs chicken as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I never eat at that fucking place. Overpriced and mediocre at best. I like Logan's and Texas Steakhouse.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Qualifier required

"A certain class of chicks think Outback is classy"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've never walked out of one saying "that sucked for what I paid."

I can't say the same about Ruth's Chris.

Yeah, this, and my wife really loves the place.  Sure I'd rather go to Ray's or Morton's, but that costs a lot more.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same reasons you don't see Mexicans who pine for authentic grub at Taco Bell?  Or Italians at Olive Garden?

Olive Garden makes a bomb diggity Balongna and Hot Dog Alfredo.

Dont forget the cheese whiz ceasar salad.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yeah but chick's think its a classy joint
, and you don't really have to pay classy joint prices because most chicks wont buy a huge ass filet. That's the only reason I've ever gone. I've never had a reasonable steak there either.

What kind of "chick" thinks Outback is "classy"?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I never eat at that fucking place. Overpriced and mediocre at best. I like Logan's and Texas Steakhouse.

Whats the difference?........They all suck equally.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Qualifier required

"A certain class of chicks think Outback is classy"

Joemama covered it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#45]
We've had a couple of the Australian members here post that they go to Outback when they want American food.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have always enjoyed the food at Outback.  The chili cheese fries are great.  I think it had a slightly better Australian menu back when it first opened than it does now.

Chicks do like it.  My wife and daughters in law love going there.

This.  We go all the time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Is there a chain in Australia called "Suburbs"?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Outback has nothing to do with Australia. The guys who started it were from Orlando or something.

that being said, we have a software development team from Sydney,  EVERY Time they come to town we always take them to outback because we know they are missing their "food from back home".

they HATE it. We always have to lie to them that we're going somewhere else then drive there anyway, it's great.

Oh and they also all hate Fosters. They it's swill beer in Aus.

I, however, love outback. one of my favorite restaurants.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Its about as Australian as taco bell is Mexican.

ETA::damn, I was beat, by a long shot.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What the hell is authentic Aussie food anyway? Vegemite?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top