Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 8:40:52 AM EDT
But when the cook is having a bad day sometimes it burns as much coming out as it does going in :-(

T
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Thai food is fuckin phenomenal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I dated a girl once who ordered, "As hot as you can make it" Thai food.

Two chefs/cooks came out of the kitchen and via our waitress, made sure my girl wanted just that.

They left shaking their heads.

That was the first time I've ever handed an instant ice pack under a closed bathroom door.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
aloy!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Mui Fun FTW!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a local thai restaurant I eat at about once a week.  I love that place and when they say something will be hot, I stay away from it.  Because that means it will be so fucking hot that you may combust.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The great thing is that the best thai place in town has lots of plumbing/hvac problems so we trade work for food.

We are pretty much set for free thai food once a week for a long time.

They are good enough that they are literally open for a couple hours a week for either lunch or dinner depending on the day. And they close for a couple months each year to go back to thailand. The "bad boy" sauce we get by the jar full and it gets better with age!

T
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Two chefs/cooks came out of the kitchen and via our waitress, made sure my girl wanted just that.

That was the first time I've ever handed an instant ice pack under a closed bathroom door.

lol.

Thai food is great. Even better in Thailand . I came home after a few months there and all the local thai food sucked .

ETA: Best massaman curry I had took me 3 hours to eat because it was so hot. So good though I couldn't stop. The cooks would peek out and laugh every 40 minutes or so. I wonder what they were saying (I don't speak thai).
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thai de-lish
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Thai food always sounds like a felony sex offense.
Nam Prik Sod and Chinese Sausages Yum.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I freaking have a jones for Thai food.  And Vietnamese.  Pho Dac Biet is like my crack.

And some Pho

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Tom kha gai FTW
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Jack talk Thai.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tom kha gai FTW

+1!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Good Thai food is a glory to behold.

Bad Thai food is truly horrible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I usually tell them ––" try to hurt me but don't try to kill me".  I like hot food.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I had it for the first time this summer and I must say it was quite outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Great Thai place in my town... I get everything native hot  And yes, the following day feels not unlike passing flaming napalm!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually tell them ––" try to hurt me but don't try to kill me".  I like hot food.

I tried a bite or two and was rather impressed with the skill of the chefs.  How they managed to mold unadulterated lava into the form of an egg noodle was facinating.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I like's me some Thai food.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I can't stand the Thai food in the U.S. The best Thai food I have had since I left Thailand was a super nice restaurant in Bahrain called "Thai Restaurant". The name was a bit lame but the food and dining area was top notch.
My brother and I are both adopted from Thailand. He is a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps and I am a First Class in the Navy
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I spent nearly 30 days in Tak, Thailand for Cobra Gold 93, the food was AWESOME and was HOTTER than the Sun.   I can remember my first bite into a soup like ramen/pho vividly, farking hot was an understatement.  If you see those little Thai peppers floating or in your dish, it is going to HOT!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jack talk Thai.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Had stir fried Springbok at a Thai place in Cape Town a few months ago.  Asked for Thai hot, thinking they'll dull it down like they do here in the U.S.  WOW!  Big time burn. Fire from heaven!   Best I ever had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top