Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:01 AM EDT
I was at the store last night picking up some steaks to grill. There was some poor guy in front of me in line trying to hide a box of tampons under his other grocery's. Is it really that embarrassing? I've done it before.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was at the store last night picking up some staked to grill. There was some poor guy in front of me in line trying to hide a box of tampons under his other grocery's. Is it really that embarrassing? I've done it before.  

I did with my ex-wife once....my ex-wife.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Picked them up for my daughter too.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't find it embarrassing. I just did it the other day.  /shrug
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope. No sammich maker right now. Would though. I've never seen the big deal since I became an adult.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
"I got a woman! I got a woman!!!"
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here.
I've done it for several gf's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope. Been married 18 years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.

But what the hell is the OP going to stake to his grill?

Quoted:
I was at the store last night picking up some staked to grill. ...  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know why girls make their guys do this. I would never make my boyfriend go buy me tampons. If I know I'm running low, I will go buy some for myself before I run out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#11]
done it,.,.

whats the big deal.

if there is fine chick also browsing that isle i try to strick up a conversation..

the worst she can say is eww..

the best is ok.. lets go to the back and get it on..

either way .. nothing will happen..  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
No.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, secure in my masculinity.  I even carry the wife's purse or diaper bag if she is loaded down with kids, etc.

AV1611 out.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know why girls make their guys do this. I would never make my boyfriend go buy me tampons. If I know I'm running low, I will go buy some for myself before I run out.

Don't know about your guys, but I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

You are saying, "I am getting laid and, as I can prove, I haven't knocked her up yet."
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When you're puffy-faced, onerous, out of tampons, in your pajamas fresh out of the shower at 12:30 AM, I'm pretty sure you'd change your mind.

I needed an excuse to get out and buy something to drink anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#18]
She is at the store a helluva lot more than i am...i highly doubt, barring a serious physical problem, that i would ever need to pick up her tampons....she knows when its coming and plans for it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

But what the hell is the OP going to stake to his grill?

Quoted:

I was at the store last night picking up some staked to grill. ...  

Kabobs.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes, for my wife, never a GF.

Big fucking deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#21]
yes, I don't see what the big deal is.

ZOMG that guy is gettings pads he is teh gayzor transvestite.

Really?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm barely self-conscious of buying KY, so pads are nothing.

I was amused, once, when I bought KY, ammo, and some rope.  It wasn't as a joke, I needed all three for completely separate reasons.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I've had to do it once or twice in the 20+ years of marriage, doesn't bother or embarrass me at all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you're puffy-faced, onerous, out of tampons, in your pajamas fresh out of the shower at 12:30 AM, I'm pretty sure you'd change your mind.

I needed an excuse to get out and buy something to drink anyway.

But that's the thing, I will always check after my period has ended if I still have some left. If not, I will go buy some before my next period. Why don't girls just do this? But if I'm ever in that position, if it is at all likely, I will ask my boyfriend to go buy me tampons. I also hope he stumbles on this thread so he is prepared.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Wife and 2 daughters "of age"

Just like buying value pack .22, no trip to Wally World is complete without a box or two of plugs and stoppers.

I even know which brand each of the 3 wants.

Doesn't embarrass me a bit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Doesn't bother me.

However I do enjoy placing the most gnarly box of condoms Wal-Mart sells in random people's carts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What if he used your last one to clean his shotgun bbl?They work really well for that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Doesn't bother me.

However I do enjoy placing the most gnarly box of condoms Wal-Mart sells in random people's carts.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#30]
doesn't bother me at all. Then again I am an adult and stuff like that doesn't make me giggle or squeamish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep.  BFD.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was amused, once, when I bought KY, ammo, and some rope.  It wasn't as a joke, I needed all three for completely separate reasons.

My boyfriend bought KY, beer, and sausages one time. The gay cashier talked to him like it was nothing... I think.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Sure why not. I couldn't care less about picking up feminine products if it means plentiful pie at a later date.

Gotta pick your battles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I couldn't care less. Same with condoms/whatever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#35]
What the hell is wrong with some of you?

It is just a personal hygene item, it is no different than buying underwear or jock itch spray.

I have bought them on many occasions and never had to turn in my man card.  Hell, I have bought them when they are on sale without her asking for them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Doesnt bother me a bit, I am pretty secure.  I always saw it as a way a saying "Thats right, I have some at home waiting on me"  Hell, I am the one who embarrasses my wife.  I have been known to toss a huge cucumber on the counter with KY lube and condoms just to watch the checkout persons face.  We have two kids but my wife tells everyone she is raising three.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if he used your last one to clean his shotgun bbl?They work really well for that.

I'd use one of the ones I have in one of my purses then go buy some more. And laugh at him.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I've never asked an SO to pick them up...I'm usually the one doing the shopping and I always keep a surplus of supplies on hand at home anyway.

That said, I've bought plenty of condoms over the years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Kotex.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My wife doesn't MAKE me do this I do it as part of the ole going to be there anyhow. It goes like this

Me: Babe going to grocery store need anything?
Wife: yeah pick me up some tampons, mustache bleach, and some antifungal cream.
Me: Ok babe will do, just don't hit me anymore pls.

Simple
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#41]
In fifteen years of marriage, I have had to do it lots of times.  No big deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I will occasionally pick up stuff for my wife.  It doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Nope but then again my girlfriend stashes them in random places like I do guns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Just curious here but does your SO buy your condoms and lube?  Mine won't she's too embarrassed.  But she doesn't hesitate to request picking up some "pads".
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:49:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The only time I ever bought them for the wife was when she was at home right after having my first kid.  She needed the cotton ponies.  I had to ask some random broad who was shopping nearby for help.  

When my daughter reached puberty, I decided that having an extra bale or two in the house wasn't much of a reach, so I bought them when I went to the store.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What the hell is wrong with some of you?

It is just a personal hygene item, it is no different than buying underwear or jock itch spray.

I have bought them on many occasions and never had to turn in my man card.  Hell, I have bought them when they are on sale without her asking for them.

Jock itch cream/spray isn't a "personal hygiene item".  It's a medication for people's who crotches are rotten.  I'd actually be kinda embarrassed to have to buy that.

Condoms, tampons, etc. aren't a big deal to me, though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I don't find it embarrassing. I just did it the other day. /shrug

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Did the clerk act scared?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sure.

I do remember working as a cashier and a woman brought up an opened box, I said something about it, she said it was emergency and had to use one before paying for it.

So she just dropped her pants and used the tampon in aisle 6 or something?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top