Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:15:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Great thread couldn't of gone in the other 20 threads about the quran burning
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Burn baby burn. Time to see whose "tolerant".....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
1st ammendment bitch. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe Pakistan ought to ask Interpol to investigate the Bible burning and death-threats to Christians in Pakistan first.

Hypocrites.

Faisalabad (AsiaNews) - Desecration at the church of St. Paul in the village ‘Chak 77-RB’, ‘Lohekay’, about 30 kilometers from Faisalabad: on December 17, suspects burned a bible and other sacred texts, leaving a letter threatening Christians that they will "burn in the fire of hell" if they do not convert to Islam.

Pervez Masih tells AsiaNews that on that day, he and others were whitewashing and decorating the little church for Christmas. They stopped at noon for lunch, leaving the church open. When they returned, they found the bible and other sacred texts reduced to ashes, and a handwritten letter telling them to convert to Islam if they wanted to "live in peace" and avoid hell. In Pakistan, there is significant controversy over the law on blasphemy, condemning even to death those who offend the sacred book of Islam, the Qur'an. But nothing is done against blasphemous acts toward the books of other religions.

Fr. Yagoob Yousaf arrived in the village that same evening, having been told about the sacrilege. He celebrated Mass in the church (in the photo), and in the homily, he condemned the sacrilege and the threats, and told the faithful to remain calm and peaceful and not to be afraid, because the police have promised the highest vigilance. He said that Christ preached love and peace, and the government would see to guaranteeing security for the Christians for the Holy Nativity. In recent years, at Christmas, there have been attacks against Catholic and Protestant churches. Often the Christmas celebrations have taken place under police protection.

He observes that "this is a high holy season for all Christians and they are preparing themselves for Christmas but such type of incidents are creating fear and is a move to disturb Christians in the season of Advent."

Most of the people in the village are Muslim, and there are between 50 and 70 Christian families. The church is used by Catholics and Protestants, without conflict. When they became aware of the sacrilege, many Muslims went to the church together with the Christians. Now the police are investigating the "suspects" for the crime of blasphemy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Tolerance is a double edged sword, Asif.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Maybe Pakistan ought to ask Interpol to investigate the Bible burning and death-threats to Christians in Pakistan first.

Hypocrites.
there is a reason we aren't Pakistan we are better then them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe we should ask Interpol to stop the whack jobs people who strap bombs to themselves and detonate them. Seems to me that is a bit more on the crazy side then any hillbilly who wants to burn a book.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#9]
After the burning they are going to want to kill us more dead I guess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#10]
This has gone way beyond full retard.

Wouldn't surprise me at this point if WWIII (or whatever number) started over this.

And it's all due to the media hyping the actions of some yahoo, knowing full well the RoP would go ballistic over it.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll have true respect for 'islam' when they voice opposition to anti-American HATERS as vehemently as they speak out against the book burners.
In case they don't realize it ; 'tolerance'  is a two way street and they started this shit!!!...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol.

Inspector Clouseau and the case of the burning koran.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#13]
When is this supposed to go down.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I love that the violent Islamic response is so inevitable that the book-burning pastor is the bad guy for "inciting violence".

No mention of the individuals that will actually commit the violent acts the pastor is supposedly inciting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I might buy one and burn it on 9-11 too now.

fucking headcutters don't realize the more they bitch and demand that Americans be stripped of a fundamental liberty by government or outside forces, the more Americans will support the no-name crazy backwoods pastor with the insignificant congregation
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When is this supposed to go down.

9/11
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I love that the violent Islamic response is so inevitable that the book-burning pastor is the bad guy for "inciting violence".

No mention of the individuals that will actually commit the violent acts the pastor is supposedly inciting.

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Another thread?  You first thread was not enough?

TRG
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hypocrites.

Faisalabad (AsiaNews) - Desecration at the church of St. Paul in the village ‘Chak 77-RB’, ‘Lohekay’, about 30 kilometers from Faisalabad: on December 17, suspects burned a bible and other sacred texts, leaving a letter threatening Christians that they will "burn in the fire of hell" if they do not convert to Islam.

Pervez Masih tells AsiaNews that on that day, he and others were whitewashing and decorating the little church for Christmas. They stopped at noon for lunch, leaving the church open. When they returned, they found the bible and other sacred texts reduced to ashes, and a handwritten letter telling them to convert to Islam if they wanted to "live in peace" and avoid hell. In Pakistan, there is significant controversy over the law on blasphemy, condemning even to death those who offend the sacred book of Islam, the Qur'an. But nothing is done against blasphemous acts toward the books of other religions.

Fr. Yagoob Yousaf arrived in the village that same evening, having been told about the sacrilege. He celebrated Mass in the church (in the photo), and in the homily, he condemned the sacrilege and the threats, and told the faithful to remain calm and peaceful and not to be afraid, because the police have promised the highest vigilance. He said that Christ preached love and peace, and the government would see to guaranteeing security for the Christians for the Holy Nativity. In recent years, at Christmas, there have been attacks against Catholic and Protestant churches. Often the Christmas celebrations have taken place under police protection.

He observes that "this is a high holy season for all Christians and they are preparing themselves for Christmas but such type of incidents are creating fear and is a move to disturb Christians in the season of Advent."

Most of the people in the village are Muslim, and there are between 50 and 70 Christian families. The church is used by Catholics and Protestants, without conflict. When they became aware of the sacrilege, many Muslims went to the church together with the Christians. Now the police are investigating the "suspects" for the crime of blasphemy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe interpol can ask Pakistan's ISI to quite feeding bin Laden and other terrorists org's intel.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I might buy one and burn it too now.

fucking headcutters don't realize the more they bitch and demand that Americans be stripped of a fundamental liberty by government or outside forces, the more Americans will support the crazy backwoods pastor with the insignificant congregation

im not even going to point out the huge fundamental flaw with your first part.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I bet the pastor is just trying to get a rise out of everyone.  To prove on how peaceful muslims are. I am also betting his life might and will be in jeopardy. You have muslim nations wanting this mans head. If he goes through with this act you can bet your ass that a nutcase muslim is going to do something.  Don't forget 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#25]
We better not do it.
If we do they might start hating us and blowing us up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I bet the pastor is just trying to get a rise out of everyone.  To prove on how peaceful muslims are. I am also betting his life might and will be in jeopardy. You have muslim nations wanting this mans head. If he goes through with this act you can bet your ass that a nutcase muslim is going to do something.  Don't forget 9/11.
the pastor just is the ultimate troll he won the troll game of the month hands down.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This has gone way beyond full retard.

Wouldn't surprise me at this point if WWIII (or whatever number) started over this.

And it's all due to the media hyping the actions of some yahoo, knowing full well the RoP would go ballistic over it.

I'm waiting for the interview with Rage Boy.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's not just the threats, Christians, and non-Muslims for that matter get killed all the time in Muslim countries.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Maybe we should ask Interpol to stop the whack jobs people who strap bombs to themselves and detonate them. Seems to me that is a bit more on the crazy side then any hillbilly who wants to burn a book.

this
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll have true respect for 'islam' when they voice opposition to anti-American HATERS as vehemently as they speak out against the book burners.
In case they don't realize it ; 'tolerance'  is a two way street and they started this shit!!!...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#32]
i some how doubt these people just happen to have a quran, so this entire thing is like saying im going to protest the bailout by buying a gm paying it off and then burning it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i some how doubt these people just happen to have a quran, so this entire thing is like saying im going to protest the bailout by buying a gm paying it off and then burning it.

That's an Idea!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
.... a backwater town in Florida....."

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Well said!

Quoted:

"It shows a lot when a local nujob (Jones) out of a backwater town in
Florida can unmask Islam for what it is and for all the world to see."

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The $10 or whatever it costs is simply the price of exercising free speech. They couldn't legally burn korans that didn't belong to them now right?

Newspapers ads are not free. TV spots are not free. Sound systems are not free. Paper for cartoons is not free. The koran burning is no different. So what if the publishers make a few pennies? By stifling your own free speech out of fear of the publishers making a few cents per copy burned you've already lost.

The publishers could even be one of the big book houses and not even muslims so it's not like 'they' are getting the profits.

If that wacky pastor feels that exercise of 1st amendment rights is worth more than what it will cost and what the publisher might gain, then good for them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Burning the Korans is pointless and idiotic IMHO. But fuck I'm sick of the threats of violence from the ROP over trivial BS.

As far as the paper pushers at Interpol go. Freakin bring it Sunshine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

wut
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone addressed the fact that burning books, regardless of their retarded contents, is pretty stupid?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The $10 or whatever it costs is simply the price of exercising free speech. They couldn't legally burn korans that didn't belong to them now right?

Newspapers ads are not free. TV spots are not free. Sound systems are not free. Paper for cartoons is not free. The koran burning is no different. So what if the publishers make a few pennies? By stifling your own free speech out of fear of the publishers making a few cents per copy burned you've already lost.

The publishers could even be one of the big book houses and not even muslims so it's not like 'they' are getting the profits.

You know what is free from this? Giving radical Islam the attention they wanted.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#41]
ABC News radio just reported 3 FBI agents have "unexpectedly" entered the Florida church.  Looks like the Obozo administration is looking for a way to shut this down.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#42]
In hindsite maybe we should have asked Interpol to stop crazed muslims from killing our people and BURNING our buildings down.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Has anyone addressed the fact that burning books, regardless of their retarded contents, is pretty stupid?

Yes.  Still tired of hand wringing and outrage and demands of ceasing when one groups religious symbology is attacked while others are told to shut up and revel in the act of freedom that art displays of Christ in a jar of piss represents.   Stupid people are all over the world doing stupid, pointless shit.  Want to come bomb my country because some retard wants to burn books?  Fuck you, you need killing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
ABC News radio just reported 3 FBI agents have "unexpectedly" entered the Florida church.  Looks like the Obozo administration is looking for a way to shut this down.

If that is the case...with nothing else to go on, the pastor is one day going to be able to build himself a mega-church.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#45]
The muslim world seems to offer only three options to the rest of us... Kneel, die, or fight back.

I'll die before I'll kneel to them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Liberals..... "TOLERANCE!!! TOLERANCE!!!!!  You must have TOLERANCE!!!!"

"You, over there...... shut the fuck up and sit down or I'll arrest you.  You are saying things and doing things I don't like".
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that is the case...with nothing else to go on, the pastor is one day going to be able to build himself a mega-church.

If this is the case, the agents involved should have refused to do so.  Put the cross in urine?  Fine.  Burn the flag?  Fine.  Burn a Bible?  Fine.  Burn a Koran?  Death threats, political grand-standing and pressure, abuse of authority, etc.  Between this and the threats on what will happen if the Mosque is not built where they want it, in NYC, and Islam is revealing itself.  Personally, I wouldn't burn any book unless I needed something to start a fire to keep warm.  ((shrugs))
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this is the case, the agents involved should have refused to do so.  Put the cross in urine?  Fine.  Burn the flag?  Fine.  Burn a Bible?  Fine.  Burn a Koran?  Death threats, political grand-standing and pressure, abuse of authority, etc.  Between this and the threats on what will happen if the Mosque is not built where they want it, in NYC, and Islam is revealing itself.  Personally, I wouldn't burn any book unless I needed something to start a fire to keep warm.  ((shrugs))

More and more Islamistfacsist and their supporters and defenders are revealing themselves as enemies of everyone
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This will be interesting. The more they push on this nutjob, the more people will become sympathetic. It's frightening to think that your freedoms are usurped by the full weight and power of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT if you do something they don't like.

Very unsettling, this is.

It's a shame that the guy who is in the right also happens to be a fucking nutball, but if we don't take the good with the bad, there will soon be nothing left to take.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top