Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2010 4:37:48 PM EDT
Hard-nosed, competitive, forceful, behind-the-scenes deal-wrangler with a potty mouth and not afraid to use it. Regardless of what you think of his politics (they stink), you gotta respect someone as ruthlessly efficient and skilled at what he does as Rahm.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

(CNN) –– Rahm Emanuel, President Obama's chief of staff, is known as a force of nature who efficiently navigates the back halls of Congress to get exactly what he wants.

He is an aggressive political animal who has been known to punctuate his arguments with the F-bomb. Most agree it's not because he's an angry man –– it's just part of his foul-mouthed repertoire.

Emanuel's colorful reputation is regularly the subject of Obama's quips. Obama joked at the White House Correspondents Dinner this year that Mother's Day was a difficult holiday for Emanuel because "he's not used to saying the word 'day' after 'mother.' "

But there's so much more to Rahm than his mouth.

In fact, he's missing half a finger from a freak accident as a young man, toiling away in the hardscrabble fast food industry.

Some opponents who have butted heads with Emanuel have reported feeling uncomfortable as he wagged his nub in their faces during heated negotiations.

Who might replace Emanuel?

His bigger-than-life personality, stuffed into a small frame, was honed in the notoriously cutthroat world of politics in his native Illinois.

He was a senior adviser and top fundraiser for powerful Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, and he played a similar role in President Bill Clinton's early presidential bid and then later in the Clinton White House.

He also ran his own successful campaign, becoming U.S. representative from Illinois' 5th District in 2002. It was a seat previously occupied by Rod Blagojevich, who has gone on to become the state's latest controversial political figure.

And while he's considered a member of Obama's so-called "Chicago Mafia," unlike close friend David Axelrod, Emanuel was not in Obama's inner circle from the start. In fact, Emanuel indicated he would support then-Sen. Hillary Clinton long before she even threw her hat into the presidential race.

So when the real race got under way, Emanuel found himself in a political jam. Should he go with Clinton, the candidate he once said he would back? Or, would hometown loyalty be too powerful to resist? Obama's eventual chief of staff, faced with an impossible choice, opted to stay neutral until after the final primary.

Love him or hate him, everyone seems to agree that his role in shaping the president's agenda, from health care to economic proposals, cannot be understated. Emanuel makes frequent trips to Capitol Hill, where Democratic and Republican sources say he uses a mix of harsh reality and institutional knowledge to try to coax skeptics onboard.

That is precisely why Obama hired the adviser some call "Rahmbo."

But even Hollywood's "Rambo" is finally forced to surrender after a hostile battle. So is Emanuel, tired and bruised after nearly two years of intense political fights, really ready to call it quits in D.C., to make a run for mayor of the Windy City?

A well-connected Chicago political observer says the time is right for Emanuel to pounce. "He knows the city and loves the city and the window is open," said the source.

Will he go, or will he stay? Axelrod, Emanuel's longtime friend, is playing it cool. "He's got a lot on his plate, he's got a pretty responsible job," Axelrod said, "and that's what he's focused on right now."
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Thursday is man crush day.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like the scumbag that he is to me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wonder why it was posted on Hump Day.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hard-nosed, competitive, forceful, behind-the-scenes deal-wrangler with a potty mouth and not afraid to use it. Regardless of what you think of his politics (they stink), you gotta respect someone as ruthlessly efficient and skilled at what he does as Rahm.

No, I don't have to respect him.  I think some of the qualities you listed are not good ones to have.  Forceful, potty mouth and ruthless stand out as most offensive to me.  But then again, I am an old-fashioned prude in some regards.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Easy on him. He just likes male ballet dancers. It's probably the tutu.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#6]
He strikes me as the sort who'd cut out your spleen when he found out how you vote.

He's our very own Putin.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Swearing is not a skill to enzy.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck r e.   Tiny piece o shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]
What's that you say, an unprincipled douche?  Yeah, I think he is too.  Not sure what's to respect though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't "gotta" respect anyone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Swearing is not a skill to envy.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess you could say the same things about Pol Pot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess you could say the same things about Hitler.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Perhaps one might say that it would be good to have more conservatives who were forceful, brash, audacious, demanding of their team, and uncompromising with their ideals –– sort of like Rahm.

But the problem is the Great Political Double Standard.

A conservative simply can not have those characteristics without being attacked by the opposition and rejected by the electorate.

The left knows very well they can get away with Rahm's (or Clinton's, etc)  behavior, and it capitalizes upon it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Aim a little higher with your heroes, like maybe cockroaches or maggots.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
DICK......

I'll shoot you if you get in my way....

Cheney.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Isn't today fat bashing day?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Your kind of man?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#19]
He's a thug.  I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]

You've got to be shitting me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hard-nosed, competitive, forceful, behind-the-scenes

who pokes men naked in the shower.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#22]
This is like saying Pol Pot was a "can-do, take-charge" kinda guy.

OP, fail.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
is the OP trying to tell us he is gay?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I gotta respect him because he's a potty mouth?  Fail.

If he had any sense, he wouldn't need potty mouth.  It's a crutch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I hear he's a hair fetishist.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Regardless of what you think of his politics (they stink), you gotta respect someone as ruthlessly efficient and skilled at what he does as Rahm.

No I don't. he s an enemy of the Constitution.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Wish he was on our side.
He is the only adult in the entire Obama administration.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#28]

OP, get a room!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#29]
The qualities you admire in him are the same as in any successful Thug/Gangster.

I wonder what kind of dirt he has on Daley, to get him to step down.

Rahm=POS.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Pretty sure if I got within arms reach of him I would punch him in the face as hard as I could.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I think he's the kind of guy that should avoid walking in the park with Hillary.

If there is ANYONE in that bunch of thugs that knows too much...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#32]
You like to take it in the ass from Obama too?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I would prefer a Eric Holder nut-swing fest thread.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this a coming out thread ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn straight, Rahm is the kindof guy who can make the trains run on time.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Rahm is a floater in my septic tank.

Acutally, I have more respect for a floater in my septic tank.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Rahm translates to Asshole in Hebrew.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I heard he will go into the shower and poke you while you are naked.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/blago-defends-rahm-emanuel-over-naked-shower-encounter-with-massa/
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish he'd smart off to someone who promptly beats the ever-loving shit out of his worthless ass! Maybe a few of those would teach that asshole some manners!    

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.

You also gotta admire Ted Bundy for being industrious and frugal. Waste not, want not!

Gotta admire John Allen Mohammad's marksmanship, too!

Exactly.

I took a huge dump yesterday and it needs admiration.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#42]
He's a fucking cunt.

Fuck him and his piece of shit boss.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#43]
You could say the same things about George Soros and he was a Judenrat who help lead his fellow Jews to the camps.

Nice fucking guys you like there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish someone would beat the shit out of RE, although I'm sure that would be an all day job.  Fuck RE and Obama.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wish he was on our side.
He is the only adult in the entire Obama administration.

You're kidding I hope.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Wasn't he the one that harasses and attempts to intimidate men in the showers?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I would beat that  little-man's-napoleon complex asshole into a bloody pulp.   he thinks he's a bad-ass, but he's a sawed off little bully. I can't wait till that asshole dies of aids.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#48]
He needs a good monkey stomping, that's what he would get if he pulled one of his weirdo bully tantrums with me, and knowing how he is, I would enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would prefer a Eric Holder nut-swing fest thread.

Why? Your the only one who swings off of them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I wish I was important enough so that Rahm would want to poke me in the shower.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top